Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,141 to 6,160 of 9,620

GraphicGenius

Pootrick2 wrote:

Thanks were do we start?
Quick response please

Let's do the home menu first! Give me the graphics and text and I'll put it all together!
Post all the lines of coding for the graphics and I'll post the whole menu.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

GraphicGenius

Morphtorok wrote:

Game making rule number 1:

Never start making a game from the title screen.

Why?
And please stop double and triple posting @Zzyex

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

Eel

Because making a title screen for a game that still doesn't exists is a waste of time and it brings bad luck to the project.

Edit: was that edit directed at me? O.o

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

IAmAPerson wrote:

@ramstrong sorry I got off-topic. I'll delete it for spam. Anyway, I'm working on saving a TON of stuff in the GRP. (block in hand, where you're looking, etc.)

Heh, how much are you at with it? I'm up to 148KB of data stored across multiple GRPs.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

@Pootrick2 I don't have anything on MCDS that I need anyone else to do right now, sorry.

@Discostew ummmm........... Definitely not as much as you!

@Morphtorok I think that edit was toward @Zzyex

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Discostew

Morphtorok wrote:

Because making a title screen for a game that still doesn't exists is a waste of time and it brings bad luck to the project.

It's always best to work on the meat of the project first, because it will give you a sense of the scope the project will require. If you can't get the project off the ground by attempting to develop the core of it, at least you'll know ahead of time instead of later on.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Eel

Discostew wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

It's always best to work on the meat of the project first, because it will give you a sense of the scope the project will require. If you can't get the project off the ground by attempting to develop the core of it, at least you'll know ahead of time instead of later on.

That too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GraphicGenius

@Pootrick2 since make the main menu should be last,I'll work on the spr-
WAIT! What game are we copying again? I'll buy the game and see what it's like.

TAINT_Zzyex

is working on sprites and maps first badluck? i hope not cause custom sprites are neccisary for my idea! also morph does my method sound like it will work right. so far ive made the body assemble on the screen...

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Arn0ld

Morphtorok wrote:

Game making rule number 1:

Never start making a game from the title screen.

I guess that makes since every "game" I've ever made I started out with the title screen and it never panned out with the scope of the game itself

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

randomous

@Morphtorok Hmmm, now that I think about it, I actually don't make the title screen before the core of the game. I hadn't really thought about it... I mean, I've made one before the game was finished, but all the core stuff was already there. Klondike doesn't really count, because it doesn't have a title screen lol. For Village, however, I made the cell loading system, property system, and movement system before I made the title.

I agree with you @Discostew (and you, @Morphtorok), working on the core game first is definitely better.

randomous

boot

Idea: petit book. Every one could put up qrs of there page in a certain way then I could put it all together in the main peg using append

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

swordx

I make the core first aswell...I never do it on purpose, it just...happens...

swordx

GraphicGenius

@Pootrick2 what zelda game are we copying? If you let me know I will try to make it the exact same start.

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Has anyone ever thought of making a first-person RPG using Minecraft DS's engine?=

i was actually thinking of combining raycast and game2

I can see how that would look. But i was thinking of one where you walk around the same way in Minecraft DS,and there would be a sprite for the blade of a sword so it looks like your holding a sword.(much like Daggerfall) And you would go through dungeons and maybe get to go outside also. And the combat could be a little like Daggerfall,Daggerfall's combat is like Doom's combat but instead of guns,you use swords and bows. Sure,it would probably get laggy but wouldn't it be an awesome project?

Didn't swordx use that engine to make Dungeon Adventure?
If I had more SmileBASIC logic, I would be able to program when I have no connection to look up what I need in the function guide... Oh, how you all are lucky...
I guess I might play MMZC or just some of the random DSiWare junk I have installed. Cave Story isn't junk, it's amazing.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

TAINT_Zzyex

0Games wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Has anyone ever thought of making a first-person RPG using Minecraft DS's engine?=

i was actually thinking of combining raycast and game2

I can see how that would look. But i was thinking of one where you walk around the same way in Minecraft DS,and there would be a sprite for the blade of a sword so it looks like your holding a sword.(much like Daggerfall) And you would go through dungeons and maybe get to go outside also. And the combat could be a little like Daggerfall,Daggerfall's combat is like Doom's combat but instead of guns,you use swords and bows. Sure,it would probably get laggy but wouldn't it be an awesome project?

Didn't swordx use that engine to make Dungeon Adventure?
If I had more SmileBASIC logic, I would be able to program when I have no connection to look up what I need in the function guide... Oh, how you all are lucky...
I guess I might play MMZC or just some of the random DSiWare junk I have installed. Cave Story isn't junk, it's amazing.

dungeon adventure is game 2 with story and a ending

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Justlink

guys, how do u get it so whenever a sprite reaches a point on screen to transition

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Pootrick2

@programmerpro the original NES one if you have a 3ds you get it $4.99 on virtual console we can work on the sprites

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

twinArmageddons

justlink wrote:

guys, how do u get it so whenever a sprite reaches a point on screen to transition

IF X==100 AND Y==100 THEN DO STUFF
or
IF X>90 AND X<110 AND Y>90 AND Y<110 THEN DO STUFF

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic