Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,001 to 6,020 of 9,620

randomous

Well, I hope you guys like the Minecraft card back. I've been looking around at the Super Smash Bros symbols, and almost none of them had fire around it, so I'm not sure if I'm going to use fire.

Edit: You know, I just can't seem to get these Smash Bros cards to look good. I'm not sure if I'm going to include them.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Anonymous_Ninja

I have some questions about AND. Is there a good tutorial post somewhere about what all AND can do that I missed? If there isn't, I'd be really gratefull if somebody made one. for example, I know it can be used like this
IF BUTTON(0) AND 16 THEN
to check for the A button and any combination of A with other buttons, but Ive seen it used like this
IF X AND 7 THEN
and I'm not sure exactly what it does. is it basically the same as this?
IF X==X+7 THEN
So i guess my problem is that i know some of what it can be used for, but not what it does, if that makes any sense.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson You know, I've been checking what you are planning to add soon to Minecraft Ds and I feel I'm not as excited for this next update like I normally am... but you know what would fix this problem? Jumping! yesss please allow me to jump

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Anonymous_Ninja

one thing people dont realize about minecraft ds is how complitcated it really is. another thing is that more than one block height (jumping on blocks and digging into the ground) isnt realistic for this. it would require a completely new game engine, along with the fact that it would be too slow to be enjoyable.

Edited on by Anonymous_Ninja

ramstrong

Anonymous_Ninja wrote:

I have some questions about AND. Is there a good tutorial post somewhere about what all AND can do that I missed? If there isn't, I'd be really gratefull if somebody made one. for example, I know it can be used like this
IF BUTTON(0) AND 16 THEN
to check for the A button and any combination of A with other buttons, but Ive seen it used like this
IF X AND 7 THEN
and I'm not sure exactly what it does. is it basically the same as this?
IF X==X+7 THEN
So i guess my problem is that i know some of what it can be used for, but not what it does, if that makes any sense.

AND is used as binary operator. So, the grouping would be AND,OR,XOR,NOT. X==X+7 is mixing comparison with arithmetic operator. If you want to add 7 to X, then you want assignment operator. X=X+7. I'm pretty sure I covered this in my Petit Computer Journal #2. Blogspot address at signature.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

Anonymous_Ninja wrote:

one thing people dont realize about minecraft ds is how complitcated it really is. another thing is that more than one block height (jumping on blocks and digging into the ground) isnt realistic for this. it would require a completely new game engine, along with the fact that it would be too slow to be enjoyable.

That's true. That's why I suggested adding other gameplay options that can be done with the current engine in the wiki page

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LeviCelJir

Anonymous_Ninja wrote:

I realized it was complicated when I couldn't find out where i can put a sprite in it. ALL I WANTED WAS TO ADD STEVE'S FIST ;.;

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

@IAmAPerson You know, I've been checking what you are planning to add soon to Minecraft Ds and I feel I'm not as excited for this next update like I normally am... but you know what would fix this problem? Jumping! yesss please allow me to jump

This next update is a minor one. No huge things, just some bug fixes and well-needed improvements.

Also, to add Steve's fist, I'd suggest add a subroutine to @LOOP1 (this section sets up the game for play (drawing GUI, etc.)), and put your sprite there. Don't do it under @MAINLOOP; it will lag.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Hairmanban19

@Miblon i'm looking foward to your text game! I hope it turns out good!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

This next update is a minor one. No huge things, just some bug fixes and well-needed improvements.

Also, to add Steve's fist, I'd suggest add a subroutine to @LOOP1 (this section sets up the game for play (drawing GUI, etc.)), and put your sprite there. Don't do it under @MAINLOOP; it will lag.

um... english please?

LeviCelJir

No one's blaming anyone. Please play nicely — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Anonymous_Ninja

yeah, i realized after posting it that i mixed the two up, i know about assigning variables and things related to that, just had a brain fart for a sec. i remember reading somebody's post explaining it when you said "binary operator", i had just forgotten about it.

Miblon

@Hairmanban19 Don't expect it coming out soon. I just REALLY like spriting and I'm working on an entire Quote spritesheet, and programming the text adventure game is boring for me.
I would also crave a answer to my previously asked question.

This isn't a interesting signature. Go look at someone elses.
Friend Code: 5370-0889-8930

randomous

All right, sorry for updating Klondike yet again (not that you really need to update this time... it's just nitpicky stuff). I added 4 new novelty cards again, one of them being Minecraft themed. I also added the time to the upper screen (I kept wondering what time it was while I was playing lol). The upper screen now has the same texture as the bottom screen, and has a (kind of cool) fake "alpha" effect to make it look like the words are on windows or something. Finally, I fixed up pretty much all the flashing card problems; the only ones that remain are just Petit Computer hiccuping (which I could fix if I changed every single line dealing with sprites). Now cards won't flash when you pick up a large stack, and the base cards (the face down cards underneath stacks) won't flash when you pick up the card on top of the stack. The whole experience should be much more consistent now.

If you like Kirby, Yoshi, Minecraft, or Super Smash Bros themed cards, you should totally get this update.

Klondike (Solitaire)

randomous

Eel

Hehe... Dont get mad at me @randomous...

But I found a small graphical error:

If you have the game set to use 1 card draw, then the text for the 3-card option goes outside of the textbox. Just change the text number for normal numbers and it will be ok

Also, when you change the card option the warning message does the same.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pixelrobin

Morphtorok wrote:

Hehe... Dont get mad at me @randomous...

But I found a small graphical error:

If you have the game set to use 1 card draw, then the text for the 3-card option goes outside of the textbox. Just change the text number for normal numbers and it will be ok

(Light Australian accent)
Is that so?..... Well then...... MWAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (random explosions, laughter getting louder) MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough cough HA!

[quote=randomous]@Morphtorook Oh no! I fixed it. Find the new QR codes here. Thanks for reporting the glitch.
[/qoute]
(Not an actual quote)

(Australian accent returns)
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooo (fades away)

clapping. Exit stage right.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@Morphtorok Wow, I completely forgot about that... I am SO stupid. I was so excited about how nice the upper screen looked (I'm so vain...) that I totally forgot about changing the card draw option. Thank you, I'll fix that right away... I'm so sorry!

Other than that, do you like the upper screen with its fake alpha?

Edited on by randomous

randomous

randomous

@Morphtorok LOL well then, that settles it!

OK, I fixed the ugly text. I can't believe I went through and played a bunch of games, slamming on the cards like mad trying to test flashing cards (and in general acting like a monkey with the touchscreen), and didn't even bother to press Y.

Klondike (Solitaire) Wiki

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic