Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 9,620

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx i would love to test DA2! And wasn't i gonna be in the credits for making some of the sprites also?

Well now you'll also be in as tester. lol

swordx

InsertPi

@slayer the sprint is to be used whilst walking. I'm working on you being able to use it alone, because that is a bug.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pootrick2

Im not a newb but its my 3rd day in Petit Computer and im already in to sprites can make it move when controlled by the D-pad but only when I barley touch it ,it moves into cords 50,50 how can you make it move around freely with the d-pad? And also what is a good easy game program for me to start on
Anyone who posted there 3ds FC I added them (please add me)
Anyone making a game please feel free to add me in the credits LOL
Thanks,Pootrick2

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Pootrick2 wrote:

Im not a newb but its my 3rd day in Petit Computer and im already in to sprites

Not to put you down, but I had a problem with that when I first started learning. I got the game, and a few hours later, I was wanting to make a full game with advanced graphics. Out of experience, that doesn't work. I recommend working with text and basic commands before you get into sprites. I've had the game for over 2 months and all I know about sprites is SPSET and SPOFS. I'd siggest spend about 2 weeks on the basics minimum before you get into sprites. But DON'T BE DISCOURAGED!!! Already doing sprites at 3 days is amazing. At 3 days for me, I was only making a calculator. Good job, but go over some of the basics first. A basic list would be:

CLS, CLEAR, variables, strings, COLOR, LOCATE, mathematical functions, PRINT, INPUT, LINPUT (a lot of people don't know this one, but it's basic), FOR...TO, IF...THEN...ELSE, BUTTON(), GOTO, GOSUB, labels, WAIT, VSYNC.

If you know all of these, then go ahead! I'd be amazed! Good job, and I really hope you like Petit Computer-ing! (I added ur FC)

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Pootrick2

@randomous I will thanks

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

Anonymous_Ninja

@pootrick2 if your problem is that it is moving insanely fast when you push a button, what you need to do is add VSYNC 1 to your loop somewhere. it limits actions to once per frame, that way everything is consistent, and you dont have noticable speed differences when more things are going on. it confused me too untill i saw someone else explain it. if you had a full game it probably wouldnt be moving that fast, but since you only have the sprite moving part it goes over it again and again extremely fast.

Edited on by Anonymous_Ninja

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

steriaca

@pootick2: The best games to cut your teath on, so to speek, are text games. I recomend creating games based on random numbers (like simulating bomb disposal units). Then, as you learn more comands, use more.

In other words, don't expect to just pick the program up and start out recreating MegaMan2 (like @DiscoStu did...he is a genus and has experence with other languages). Your more likely to be like myself (maker of Date Time, Bomb, and Bomb2).

Still, I wish you luck.

P.S: I added your FC. Mine is below.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

InsertPi

@Pootrick2 Oh, how rude of me to not greet you first! If you've followed the forums from page 1, then you should already know who I am, but I'm IAmAPerson (but you can call be Persson (lol)), and we always welcome new people to the forums!

Oh, and almost to the 300th page! YAY!

Edited on by InsertPi

Pootrick2

I have learned all what you said but variables,mathematical functions,Linput. I know almost all SP other than 2 or 3 im trying to make an over head fighting type game in about 30 mins ill post my code i used for sprites.i have to eat brb in 30min

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

607jf

Come,on almost 300th page lol. anyways welcome @Pootrick2!

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

InsertPi

Pootrick2 wrote:

I have learned all what you said but variables,mathematical functions,Linput. I know almost all SP other than 2 or 3 im trying to make an over head fighting type game in about 30 mins ill post my code i used for sprites.i have to eat brb in 30min

LINPUT is the same as INPUT, the only difference is that it removes the "?" and you can only enter strings, but you can do:

LINPUT X$
X=VAL(X$)

Variables are possibly the most important part of PTC. Variables are stored numbers. You can store them as X or even HELLOITSANUMBER. Then you can use math on it, like X=Y+Z. You don't use a $ after a variable, unlike a string. To make a simple calculator, you can do this:

INPUT NUMONE
INPUT NUMTWO
ANSWER=NUMONE+NUMTWO
PRINT ANSWER

+ is add, - is subtract, * is multiply, / is divide, SQR(variable) is square root, POW(variable, variable) is exponents (usage: POW(base, exponent)), SIN(variable) finds the sine (radians), COS(variable) is cosine, TAN(variable) is tangent, ATAN(variable) is arctangent. Functions like secant, cosecant, and cotangent are not included, but you can use formulas for them. Cotangent is TAN(PI()/2-variable), secant is 1/COS(variable), cosecant is 1/SIN(variable).

Edited on by InsertPi

Pootrick2

Run the code and see my problem:right when you touch the dpad it automatically moves the sprite to 50,50 but I want the user to be able to control where it goes

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

boot

Pootrick2 wrote:

So anyway here's my code:
EDIT:LOL to small ill resize

you need to put a VSYNC 1 in the @LOOP

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

boot

Pootrick2 wrote:

So anyway here's my code:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9029/3gbf.jpg
EDIT:LOL to small ill resize

also, don't do SPOFS then the x and y, do:
Y=100
X=100
at the start and:
X=X+3
SPOFS 0,X,Y
at the move code but change it with X=X-1=left Y-1= down and Y=1 = Up

Pootrick2

twinArmageddons wrote:

@Pootrick2 you did a lot of stuff wrong in that code

I know I did (it was my first day)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

Pootrick2

Can any one use the example I used and make "corrected" version of it to right down so I and anyone else can learn from it.and post a qr code for use to see and edit

Edited on by Pootrick2

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

boot

@LOOP
ACLS
X=100
Y=100
SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,1
SPOFS 0,X,Y
@MOVE
IF X==0 THEN X=0
IF X==250 THEN X=250
IF Y==0 THEN Y=0
IF Y==250 THEN Y=250
SPOFS 0,X.Y
IF (BUTTON() AND 1)GOTO @U
IF (BUTTON() AND 2)GOTO @D
IF (BUTTON() AND 4)GOTO @L
IF (BUTTON() AND 8)GOTO @R
VSYNC 1
GOTO @MOVE

@U
Y=Y-3
GOTO @MOVE

@D
Y=Y+3
GOTO @MOVE

@L
X=X-3
GOTO @MOVE

@R
X=X+3
GOTO @MOVE

Edited on by boot

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic