Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,921 to 5,940 of 9,620

Eel

I updated the game now...

OMG the Petit Farm cards are lovely XD thanks a lot!

I also appreciate the inclusion of a brown option for the background, I love brown!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok Hey, me too! I know it blends in a little bit with the Petit Farm cards... but you know, brown on brown is just going to look that way lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'm extra thrilled that you like the Petit Farm cards so much!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong KEY is a command that changes the function keys at the top from RUN, FILES, LOAD, SAVE AND CONTINUE to whatever you want. It is used in this fashion:
KEY (function key Number),(String to display/use)

In my case, I used this to make shortcuts to common commands in Small_Math. And I will use the whole array variable thing. Like I said, Small_Basic only lets you have 10 variables that could be accessible by their numbers (1-10). Also, I decided to split up the MATH command into ADD(), SUBTRACT(), SQUAREROOT(), etc. Thus making this more of a math-centered programming language, and the program less buggy. Maybe if its good, I can get the thing on some graphing calculators.

But it just dawned on me, I wrote my own programming language; a lifetime dream of mine. Replaying my hello world program to myself IN MY OWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE was a very magical moment for me.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

Morphtorok wrote:

Ok, it's official... @randomous... your game is the best thing ever.

Nothing else we do in the future will be able to top the greatness that is that victory screen, sorry everyone.

Yes, it's true. I'm so sorry everyone... I didn't mean to end it so soon. I suppose I'll just slink into the shadows now that I've topped everyone. Lol I kid, I kid!

Is that the first time you've won???

randomous

randomous

@Morphtorok Lol good thing there's draw-1 now! I'm glad I added that... I almost wasn't going to, but something in the back of my mind told me that would be a mean thing to do.

randomous

Pootrick2

Hello i'm new to nintendo life and i've recently got Petit Computer and i will just be joining on in this thread

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

Welcome @Pootrick2! Its always nice to have new victo - erm.... members! Yeah! Thats it! Totally! We're here to coughcoughcoughcough help cough sorry about that cough.
A joke, a joke, don't worry .
Seriously now, Welcome! We are here to hear your advice and questions, and to give you some of ours.

Pootrick2

What are the basic background commands?Cause i got sprites down and I'm aussuming thats next
EDIT:i added your FC thanks for the...well...wonderful just kidding thanks for the greeting add my FC
Thanks,Pootrick2

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

SmokedSausage

@Iamapersson
Heh ya see what i did there?
Any way i found a bug in MCDS...when you pause the game then resume the hotbar dissapears.

@Pootric5
Welcome to le forums! Always happy to have new people

Edited on by SmokedSausage

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 I know that feeling. For me, it was building my first house in Minecraft DS. (I need to stop talking about that so much...) @randomous your game really knows how to give me bad deals. I've outsmarted auto-solve CPUs before, and can't beat your game. >.<

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Hansausage wrote:

@Iamapersson
Any way i found a bug in MCDS...when you pause the game then resume the hotbar disappears

I know, and I know how to fix it. Trust me, when I first added the hotbar, it was so buggy, the blocks were misaligned, it flickered, and when you changed your block, it messed up the Y axis viewing.

If anyone has looked at the saved GRP, and are wondering what those 2 random dots are, those are your X and Y coords doth at you don't glitch out in a block when you load.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

Hansausage wrote:

@Iamapersson
Any way i found a bug in MCDS...when you pause the game then resume the hotbar disappears

I know, and I know how to fix it. Trust me, when I first added the hotbar, it was so buggy, the blocks were misaligned, it flickered, and when you changed your block, it messed up the Y axis viewing.

If anyone has looked at the saved GRP, and are wondering what those 2 random dots are, those are your X and Y coords doth at you don't glitch out in a block when you load.

Easy solution. Memorize the hotbar.
I swear I only play my DSi more than my GBA because I have more money into my DSi with all of the DSiWare and cartridges I have for it...
Anyway, I need to program before.... everyone else knows what. O.O IT'S ALREADY 6:32! Run!
Kidding, I'll just work on Gladiators a bit. I think I need the Ranger stuff, BonChoi voted that I should add the second class early.
That means I need a bow... That MIGHT be difficult...
Edit: Found something interesting in Minecraft DS, IAmAPerson. It isn't really a bug, but I notice nothing bobs when you sprint. And I watched the credits. Nice job. I'll play this every update.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

ramstrong

Pootrick2 wrote:

Hello i'm new to nintendo life and i've recently got Petit Computer and i will just be joining on in this thread

Welcome , uh, trick2. ^_^;

First randomous, and now trick2. Sometimes I wonder how these names come into being. Anyway, welcome and have fun.

Pootrick2 wrote:

What are the basic background commands?Cause i got sprites down and I'm aussuming thats next

Background screens are just like Text screen, except there are two of them, 64x64, and uses BG graphic (0-1023) instead of ASCII.
You can also scroll them. Check Help page 41 and 42 for details.

Bluerobin2 wrote:

But it just dawned on me, I wrote my own programming language; a lifetime dream of mine. Replaying my hello world program to myself IN MY OWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE was a very magical moment for me.

Congrats! Hey, this is your lifetime dream? Does that mean you're going to retire soon?
Maybe you want to start working on that multi-line commands?

That reminds me when I was working on my Basic interpreter using The Director (unrelated to Macromedia Director) on Amiga. I was doing fine, even to working with FOR loops, REPEAT and WHILE, when the program erased itself. From the disk. Some six hours of heavy duty debugging follows and I found the line that triggered it: PRINT A$. I gave up soon after.

It's not until 6-8 years later that I figured out what's wrong. I was allocating 100K memory arrays, when the max is 64K, but by then the computer has become obsolete. So, I had to start from scratch. Life is funny that way.

So congratulations! (and don't give up too soon!)

@randomous
I told you that you're going to be famous one day, didn't I? Now do you believe me? Anyway, I'll be rescanning your QR. Thanks for making it shorter!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong a Lifetime dream of mine

randomous

@ramstrong I've always known I would be famous... I'm just that awesome.

Lol just messin' around. I'm honored that you think I'll be famous, I just don't think so myself. Thanks for critiquing my program, and thanks for scanning it again (I know it pains you)!

randomous

swordx

@Hairmanban19

I found (and fixed) the quest bug (wow, am I a screw up or what?), and I'll look into the boss bug. Bugs having to do with bosses are very likely, as I didn't really test them. Oops...

Hairmanban, if you want, you can be the tester for DA2. I'll put you in the credits and everything.

By the way, @Ramstrong, you have full rights to bash me right now. My game should NOT be this buggy, and being this lazy is not right and is a disservice to those who enjoy my game.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

@Swordx i would love to test DA2! And wasn't i gonna be in the credits for making some of the sprites also?

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic