Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,861 to 5,880 of 9,620

607jf

IAmAPerson wrote:

I see that a LOT of people are asking for jumping in Minecraft DS. What's the reason you guys want jumping? I don't see a purpose for it.

Not soon but you will need it when you add multiple layers, so you can jump on top of crap.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

iprice

Hansausage wrote:

Hey will someone make me a duck sprite like the duck from Duck Hunt as I am making A duck hunt Game? I will put you in the credits!

A quick google search reveals a number of spritesheets for Duck Hunt, including this one -

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

Slayer

This is really forming into Minecraft! Good job, IAmAPersson!
(See what I did with Persson? Yeah-that was on purpose)
@Xtremetdifan Good work with the Shadow sprites! Good to know I'm not the only one who prefers Sonic around here. (If my avatar didn't give it away) I thought it was an advance sprite, used in Sonic Advance, Sonic Battle, etc. but these are still really good.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Oh hey, I just disciverd KEY today, (Because I had to).
If you don't know what it is, it changes the function keys at the top to what you prefer:
KEY number, string to display

What's KEY? Is that documented somewhere?

Instead of HASH, can you use simple array? HASH is very fast in building and accessing the variables, but assuming you don't care about speed, just go through the array sequentially.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

Hey guys! I just saw that @BrianXP7 from the Wiki joined the forums!

@slayer lol I never noticed that you could do that with my name! @Persson...

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

607jf wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

I see that a LOT of people are asking for jumping in Minecraft DS. What's the reason you guys want jumping? I don't see a purpose for it.

Not soon but you will need it when you add multiple layers, so you can jump on top of crap.

Change the name to Castle Wolfenstein 3D and you solve that problem. No jumping in Castle Wolfenstein 3D, right?

Petit Computer Journal

BrianXP7

Hi. I'm here....and I'm scared. It feels weird migrating here.

BrianXP7

3DS Friend Code: 4270-2463-9821 | Nintendo Network ID: BrianXP7 | Twitter:

InsertPi

BrianXP7 wrote:

Hi. I'm here....and I'm scared. It feels weird migrating here.

Don't worry! We all welcome you! We have randomous, me, and a lot of other people who are on the wiki who are also here!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

Well, I see a point in 607jf's statement. Castle Wolfenstein 3D... lol...
Ahem... If IAmAPersson (See, there's another reference to Markus Persson) plans to add survival mode, it must have bigger houses than a ring. You need to JUMP to build bigger and better houses. If this is gonna form into Minecraft, it needs jumping. We welcome jumping in Minecraft, don't we?

I'll take that as a yes...

607jf

Just reinstalled Sonic Adventure DX imma play it. lol the @ The Persson refrence. (Btw did anyone notice that partway through "Speed Highway" Sonic is really slow. XD )

Slayer

607jf wrote:

Just reinstalled Sonic Adventure DX imma play it. lol the @ The Persson refrence. (Btw did anyone notice that partway through "Speed Highway" Sonic is really slow. XD )

Sonic Adventure DX? I have Sonic Adventure for the 360. And as for the Persson reference, I noticed his name was IAmAPerson and Notch's real name was Markus Persson, he was the lone creator of the game Minecraft, blah blah blah, and I found the two names compatible.
Edit: I'm gonna play Super Mario Bros. 3 on my GBA SP because I feel like playing a classic, due to the Sonic Adventure reference.

Edited on by Slayer

607jf

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Sonic Adventure DX? I have Sonic Adventure for the 360. And as for the Persson reference, I noticed his name was IAmAPerson and Notch's real name was Markus Persson, he was the lone creator of the game Minecraft, blah blah blah, and I found the two names compatible.
Edit: I'm gonna play Super Mario Bros. 3 on my GBA SP because I feel like playing a classic, due to the Sonic Adventure reference.

Ik Hes Noch, Dinnerbone is now improving minecraft. "Sonic Adventure DX" is a port of "Sonic Adventure" For the Sega Dreamcast And Includes Slight Improvement such as Models Menu ECT. Its is on PC Gamecube You can Buy "Sonic Adventure" And its DX DLC On PSN and Xbox Store.

Ok now no more Off topic for meh.

Arn0ld

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Wow I just understood the Persson reference, Sonic starts off fast on speed highway so yeah, too me he seems slow in the middle, and lastly, @slayer I said the sprites would be 8 bit due to PTCulitities not working with me on 16 bit sprites but thanks for the compliment!

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Slayer

Xtremetdifan wrote:

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Wow I just understood the Persson reference, Sonic starts off fast on speed highway so yeah, too me he seems slow in the middle, and lastly, @slayer I said the sprites would be 8 bit due to PTCulitities not working with me on 16 bit sprites but thanks for the compliment!

NP.
I just looked at your photo and finds this interferes with this X:

Not in offense-I just notice stuff like this.
Note that this is Megaman X, and I notice stuff like this, that's how I found the Persson reference.

Edited on by Slayer

Arn0ld

@slayer
My avatar photo thing is just a custom sprite I made on ms paint a fews years back. Btw are you helping with the minecraft project or just giving suggestions?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Slayer

Xtremetdifan wrote:

@slayer
My avatar photo thing is just a custom sprite I made on ms paint a fews years back. Btw are you helping with the minecraft project or just giving suggestions?

I'm not helping with the Minecraft DS project, (though I'm thinking of doing something to lend a helping hand) I have two projects going that I'm programming ALONE. Their progress isn't going so fast because I'm not very good at this, but I haven't been doing this that long. And I never did make a simple game, I dove right into the code of a modern fighting game.
And you made that on MS paint? I don't do art on a PC that well because of the point and click drawing. I'm not one with the mouse. XD. You can see me doing one sprite that isn't very clean on Flipnote Studio, but those aren't decent sprites.

Edited on by Slayer

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

The newest version of Solitaire has one card draw, so I hope you enjoy it!

It was fun. You did great! I'm wondering how the customize card backs would add extra QR, this as I gleefully add pokeball to the card back. Maybe you can make it so it's optional loading. Also, white card on black background seems harsh. Maybe customized background color?

As well as I'm suggesting things, fix up the user interface at top screen to customized graphic ones, add scrolling background, and music. Add help file, You're there!

I don't see any obvious bugs, and if you can limit the save to just one MEM$, I'd say you have a professional quality on your hand! Good enough for DSiWare release. Well, better than Flashlight, for sure.

I looked over the source code. Seems to be extremely well organized. My eyes starts to glaze where the code is heavily condensed, but structurally speaking, that's a very well designed program. If you're in a team environment, it may be a good idea to provide a documentation showing the skeletal program structures, what functions and variables you used with explanations. In other words, if you write a programmer's journal and post it in a wiki page somewhere, you really have something to be proud of!

Congratulations, randomous! You did great!

EDIT
Lots of off-topic posting already. What's with Sonic stuff? Sigh.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Slayer

I found a sprite sheet for Megaman X! I want to port them to PTC, but I haven't used PTCutilities at all! How do I port sprites to PTC from sprites on a PC?
If I can.

theblackdragon

hey guys, please, if you're not talking about Petit Computer, this is not the thread for you. if chit-chat is what you're after, there's a thread right here you're more than welcome to use. thanks in advance! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic