DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 5,821 to 5,840 of 9,298

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,821. Posted:

@TexMurphy Wha... what??? Wow, thank you! You must really like solitaire lol.

randomous

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

5,822. Posted:

randomous wrote:

Well, after much toil and quite a few ridiculous "derp, global variable" moments (I'm just too accustomed to object oriented languages), I've finally come up with an extremely rough Solitaire (Klondike) game! It's uhh not quite done, but I'm so irritated with it that I don't want to work on it for a while, and what I have at least works. I'm not going to put it on the QR thread or the Wiki just yet (because it's not done), so I hope it's all right if I just leave it here instead.

Untitled

Tap a card to send it up to the "foundation". Drag cards to move them around. Press A to send up as many cards as you possible can at that point. Press START to start a new game. Press left/right to change the card backs. Press X to save JUST the settings (the card back only for now).

I've played about 30 games on it so far, and I haven't come across any glitches or anything... but you know how these things are. Hope you like it!

Oh, and I'm totally going to make the old Windows solitaire winning screen... you know, with the jumping cards and stuff. It'll be great!

It's.. the most beautiful thing i've ever seen!!! :D it's about time someone made an amazing solitaire for PTC!

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,823. Posted:

@Zack56144 Thank you! Now I feel like you guys are just pulling my leg lol.

Edit - Don't forget: it's not done yet. I'd like to add a winning screen at least... and I need the settings to be retained when you start a new game without saving your old settings (until you quit, that is).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

5,824. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@Zack56144 Thank you! Now I feel like you guys are just pulling my leg lol.

Edit - Don't forget: it's not done yet. I'd like to add a winning screen at least... and I need the settings to be retained when you start a new game without saving your old settings (until you quit, that is).

well cant wait for the next update! =P

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,825. Posted:

@TexMurphy People want to play solitaire that badly? Lol do they program on Petit Computer and just want to look at it, or do they just like playing the game?

randomous

AuthorMessage

TexMurphy

5,826. Posted:

@randomous They just like solitaire, alot. I still don't have my ds back. I guess the battery will run out before they stop playing your game. I think its a great game because it is very well made. I would like to look at the code but I'll have to wait. and wait...

TexMurphy

AuthorMessage

Peidorrento

5,827. Posted:

randomous wrote:

Well, after much toil and quite a few ridiculous "derp, global variable" moments (I'm just too accustomed to object oriented languages), I've finally come up with an extremely rough Solitaire (Klondike) game! It's uhh not quite done, but I'm so irritated with it that I don't want to work on it for a while, and what I have at least works. I'm not going to put it on the QR thread or the Wiki just yet (because it's not done), so I hope it's all right if I just leave it here instead.

[imghttp://db.tt/Fj21KNX1/img]

Tap a card to send it up to the "foundation". Drag cards to move them around. Press A to send up as many cards as you possible can at that point. Press START to start a new game. Press left/right to change the card backs. Press X to save JUST the settings (the card back only for now).

I've played about 30 games on it so far, and I haven't come across any glitches or anything... but you know how these things are. Hope you like it!

Oh, and I'm totally going to make the old Windows solitaire winning screen... you know, with the jumping cards and stuff. It'll be great!

Man.... Very well done!

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,828. Posted:

@Peidorrento Thank you very much! I've uhhh never seen you here before lol.

Edit: Well, looks like I have to add the winning screen and put this on the QR sharing thread very soon lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

5,829. Posted:

I just got the Mega Man 2 (Demo 2) and i've never scanned so many qr codes in my life
@randomous i take that back about saying your games had a lot of qr codes lol

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

5,830. Posted:

randomous wrote:

Untitled

This is amazing! And it's the 'unfinished' version. Can't wait to see the final version awesome job randomous

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Mega Kangashkans
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
Hes even KO'd Shedinja...without a super effective move
Who's next to doubt the might of MR.DERP?
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

Slayer

5,831. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@Peidorrento Thank you very much! I've uhhh never seen you here before lol.

Edit: Well, looks like I have to add the winning screen and put this on the QR sharing thread very soon lol.

I have...
He made a Space Invaders clone, didn't he? I played it. It was in a different language, but I won quite a few games on it.

"When the men ran dry of ammunition, they used their blades. And when the
blades ran dull, they used their hands."
Elias, Call of Duty Ghosts
Accents I know: British
Accents I'm working on: Irish, Scottish

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,832. Posted:

@Xtremetdifan Thank you! This is basically all I want to add:
-An actual options menu with a visual indicator for the card backs
-A winning screen (like the old Windows solitaire games)
-The option for one card draw (the code's already there, I just need to make it an option).
-Novelty card backs.

That's really it... I didn't want to make this some sort of super complicated game with way too many options. I think simplicity is key with games like Solitaire and such... I mean, if that's all right with everyone else.

randomous

AuthorMessage

Slayer

5,833. Posted:

Well, I'm off, I'll work on Steam DS tomorrow. Which is the last day before school...
Summer was fine while it lasted...

"When the men ran dry of ammunition, they used their blades. And when the
blades ran dull, they used their hands."
Elias, Call of Duty Ghosts
Accents I know: British
Accents I'm working on: Irish, Scottish

AuthorMessage

Anonymous_Ninja

5,834. Posted:

@randomous nice job! It is incredibly addicting, everyone loves a good solitaire game!

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,835. Posted:

@Anonymous_Ninja Thank you! Now I'm worried that I'm going to get in trouble for posting the QRs here lol.

randomous

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

5,836. Posted:

Peidorrento wrote:

Man.... Very well done!

Hey, it's Peidorrento! Where have you been? It's been so long! I was so looking forward to your platformer engine. So, I was very disappointed when you disappear.

Will you be making some new programs soon?

randomous wrote:

Now I'm worried that I'm going to get in trouble for posting the QRs here lol.

You're fine. It's okay to post QR here, instead of the sharing thread. It's not okay to post banter there. So, it's good that you bring people here. If I may make a request, I'd like you to repost the QR after you do the 1 card deal option. As long as this doesn't crash at the end, I'll be willing to overlook any bugs you have. :)

Is Slayer posting irrelevant joke posts again? So soon after that mess, too. :(

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

5,837. Posted:

Hey Peidorriento is back! Hi!

I need to scan that solitaire game!

Can I reserve the spot for making spider solitaire or something lol? Just kidding. We can share.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,838. Posted:

@Morphtorok Please, be my guest! You can even retrofit my code to make it... I actually made the code with multiple solitaires in mind. Most of the functions are generic; the "Klondike" specific ones being the exception (dragging into the foundation area, having a pile, etc.). You should wait a few (dozen?) minutes for the more "finalized" version.

randomous

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

5,839. Posted:

Oh well, I'll have to wait lol... My mom is busy Animal Crossing-ing.

If I do make a card game though, it'll have to be made by me from scratch... I'm bad at understanding other's code lol.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

randomous

5,840. Posted:

@Morphtorok Ehhh, my code isn't very clear anyway. I look forward to spider solitaire if that's what you decide to make!

randomous