Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,741 to 5,760 of 9,620

Zack56144

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Yay I updated Petit Farm and its Wiki page too!

Oh also, I can't believe it, but today is Petit Farm's first anniversary! I posted the first version of the game in the QR thread this day last year.

One of the first great games made for petit computer and had remained amazing to this day... Happy anniversary petit farm and to morphtorok:congratulations and great job being one of the top three coders on this website

what he said lol

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Eel

Aw thanks I don't consider me one of the best coders in this site though, my programming is petty rough and mundane for that lol.
Disco, Ramstrong and Randomous are much better than me at this!

But thanks I really enjoyed making Petit Farm... And it makes me very happy to hear that people have been enjoying playing it too

... Who knows maybe the 3DS Petitcom will get a sequel someday!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Arn0ld

Ive deleted ptcutilities and decided to make 8 bit sonic sprites by hand but, doe anyone know the coder who made tloz theme or the gravity falls 8 bit theme? It'd really help me if he/she could make a green hill zone theme

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

InsertPi

I have mixed feelings about Petit Computer 3D. I'm glad it's coming out, and I'll definitely use the new features, but also it's either me go through the trouble redoing the MCDS engine or it gets abandoned to someone else making Minecraft with the new features. GAH!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Eel

Assuming we will get many new features anyway!

About the green hill zone, you could ask randomous how to transform midis to mml. That will make things easier for you!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

Wow @Morphtorok, I'm flattered by your extremely gracious comment! But I don't consider myself "one of the best" either... my code is generally hard to understand. Not that it's spaghetti code (otherwise I wouldn't be able to understand it myself), it's just not always a straightforward way of doing things. Plus, as @ramstrong has pointed out, apparently my code isn't "up to par" in the bugs category lol.

All that being said, I still thank you for the kind words of acknowledgement! And I'm still waiting/excited for your forest game lol!

For those who'd like to know, there's a program that's generally good at transforming midis into PTC code here. Well, that's a link to the Wiki page that explains the program anyway. It's not always good and transforming (in fact, sometimes it's quite awful), but it should generally work.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

What would you guys rate me when it comes to programming skill? Please be honest and don't sugarcote.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

swordx

randomous wrote:

Wow @Morphtorok, I'm flattered by your extremely gracious comment! But I don't consider myself "one of the best" either... my code is generally hard to understand. Not that it's spaghetti code (otherwise I wouldn't be able to understand it myself), it's just not always a straightforward way of doing things. Plus, as @ramstrong has pointed out, apparently my code isn't "up to par" in the bugs category lol.

All that being said, I still thank you for the kind words of acknowledgement! And I'm still waiting/excited for your forest game lol!

For those who'd like to know, there's a program that's generally good at transforming midis into PTC code here. Well, that's a link to the Wiki page that explains the program anyway. It's not always good and transforming (in fact, sometimes it's quite awful), but it should generally work.

You ARE in the top 3 programmers. I consider you, Brizobst, and Disco th best 3. Don't listen to Ramstrong. Unless he releases a huge program (like yours) that is bug-free, his words hold no merit.

@person, I consider you number 5, just behind Morph.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Slayer

Happy anniversary Petit Farm! I'll play it right now actually-I should update it first though.
I'm in the world of Petit Farm! I like it- I started a new game and I bought my first seeds and planted them. Carrot seeds, btw.
And how do you recover energy? I'm laying down next to my farm right now.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

@slayer, you eat. Hold down the B button with an edible item in hand. Or get the item in the shop that restores your energy completely.

So I have a flexible code compiler/interpreter and I don't know what to do with it.

Make a language for beginners or something like that, or make a game where you use programs instead of buttons to move (kinda like Ace mathematician)

What should I Do??!!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

So I have a flexible code compiler/interpreter and I don't know what to do with it.

Make a language for beginners or something like that, or make a game where you use programs instead of buttons to move (kinda like Ace mathematician)

What should I Do??!!

read what i said! i had a good idea

randomous

@Xtremetdifan Oh, I just noticed you asked who made the Gravity Falls 8-bit theme. That was me... not sure about the Legend of Zelda theme though. I made the original theme, but someone else made the newer themes from "Link's Awakening" and "A Link to the Past". As for green hills zone... errr, I'll see. If I research it and find it to be too complex, I won't make it. But I'll try!

randomous

Arn0ld

randomous wrote:

@Xtremetdifan Oh, I just noticed you asked who made the Gravity Falls 8-bit theme. That was me... not sure about the Legend of Zelda theme though. I made the original theme, but someone else made the newer themes from "Link's Awakening" and "A Link to the Past". As for green hills zone... errr, I'll see. If I research it and find it to be too complex, I won't make it. But I'll try!

Wow thanks @randomous if its too complex dont sweat it but thanks for at least trying. A few post back I mentioned how my little sister deleted the action rpg I was working on so Ive decided to go back to making a sonic game and the green hill zone them would tremendously help, so thanks!

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson ohh the edit. Yeah, I think I'll do that. The compiler itself works. I didn't use IF statements like you, I compare every line to a DATA list of commands, and if it matches, It goes to a Label that has the same name as the command. Its very simple and very easy to add/remove commands. And it works like a charm! I even had to add VSYNCs in there cause it was too fast! On the downside, you can only have 21 lines of code and you can't really make an advanced language like C. What kind of commands should I use? I'm pretty sure it will have:

• DELAY()
  • PLAYSOUND()
  • support for 10 variables
  • MATH command (for equations) (used with variables)
  • TEXT aka print
  • ASK aka input
  • IF (duh)
  • various color and graphic screen commands
  • Option to repeat program
    saving/loading via GRP files

Does this seem enough for a mini-program?

Being so easy to change, I may even add the ability to create/import your OWN programming language

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson ohh the edit. Yeah, I think I'll do that. The compiler itself works. I didn't use IF statements like you, I compare every line to a DATA list of commands, and if it matches, It goes to a Label that has the same name as the command. Its very simple and very easy to add/remove commands. And it works like a charm! I even had to add VSYNCs in there cause it was too fast! On the downside, you can only have 21 lines of code and you can't really make an advanced language like C. What kind of commands should I use? I'm pretty sure it will have:

• DELAY()
  • PLAYSOUND()
  • support for 10 variables
  • MATH command (for equations) (used with variables)
  • TEXT aka print
  • ASK aka input
  • IF (duh)
  • various color and graphic screen commands
  • Option to repeat program
    saving/loading via GRP files

Does this seem enough for a mini-program?

Being so easy to change, I may even add the ability to create/import your OWN programming language

That's plenty for a mini-language! The reason I had a hard time with C++ interpreting is because I had to make my interpreter as strict as the language is, which it pretty hard. Yours seems easy to learn/work with. Plz post QRs!

607jf

@IAmAPersion You still workin on the block Id's? @Morph Congratz! Also WE ARE ALMOST TO #300 PAGES!

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

InsertPi

607jf wrote:

@IAmAPersion You still workin on the block Id's? Morph Congratz! Also WE ARE ALMOST TO #300 PAGES!

YAY 300 and yesh I'm still workin on IDs. But I'm almost done!

swordx

randomous wrote:

I found the Zelda NES dungeon and overworld theme, along with the GB(C) Zelda overworld theme, from the Japanese Wiki.

swordx

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson, technically, the programming language is done (in 5 mins), But I still want to add documentation of the different commands. I also need 9 commands from you or someone else. Either that or have a bunch of blank DATA.
Officially, the added commands so far are:
DELAY()
PLAYSOUND()
VAR()="" - variables
MATH()="" - handles math equations and puts them into a variable
ASK - asks for a number
IF()="" - you know the drill
BACKGROUND() - sets a background graphic color
TEXTCOLOR() - guess.
TEXT(X,Y)=""

Can you think of some more with a max of 9?

randomous

@swordx Awww you shouldn't have told me that... I thought you made them! Lol well, good on you for resourcefulness. I didn't even bother looking... I just spent a bunch of time making them lol.

Edit: Would anyone actually care about a solitaire (klondike) game? I'm still planning on finishing it... I'd just like to know if anyone's interested. Ugh... it's already 600 lines though... and I don't even have dragging cards or anything (pretty much the most important part lol).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic