Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 9,620

BonChoi

IAmAPerson wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Hey does anyone know where to get 16 bit sonic sprites on petit computer? I know about chred but is there a website where you can carry a sprite sheet onto petit computer?

You can import pictures into PTCUtilities and convert to a CHR file. Search "PTCUtilities" on google and download. VERY useful tool.

Also everyone - finishing up making block IDs. Almost done! Following that, I will make touch GUI, and release that as Beta 1.1. Then I will re-enable 32x32 worlds, make 64x64 worlds, unlimited saveable worlds, make touch screen control option, and shift around button controls. I think I'll use slayer's layout

slayer wrote:

Similar to the layout on Call of Duty MW3 Defiance and Black Ops for DS. A B X and Y are looking around, right trigger shoots (or place blocks), and left trigger zooms(or breaks blocks). D-pad moves.

and this will be published as Beta 1.1.5 or 1.2, still haven't decided. I think Morphtorok's control suggestion is a little confusing, but then another ingenious idea comes to mind!
Controls Menu:
Button Preset 1
Button Preset 2
Button Preset 3
Touch Screen
Button preset 1 will be how it is now, preset 2 will be slayer's idea, 3 will be Morphrotok's idea, and I already talked about Touch Screen controls.
If you quote this, take out the @mentions so we don't constantly summon Morphtorok and slayer

I'm thinking of adding advanced texture pack support in 1.2.(I.e loading textures from the main menu.)

Edited on by BonChoi

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

randomous

@IAmAPerson Nah, it's fine. I think I even said something about the Arcade code in the changelog for 1.3. It's not activated yet, and I'm not sure when I'll finish with it. I've got graduate school again (plus work), so that's a lot of work. Plus, I really want to finish this solitaire game I've decided to work on lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Slayer

Well, I made an utterly useless program just for laughs.
It's called LOAD. In the edit code is this:
LOAD"FILENAME"
I can put what I want over FILENAME. It's really useless, but I did that for fun.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

LeviCelJir

Leviceljir wrote:

I'm not confirming anything. ANYTHING. but I have started trying to make a minecraft ds mod. Da first. but since I'm bad at programing i need some halp.

This mod is gonna use backgrounds so i need a few questions answered:

1) How do I place backgrounds
2)How do i animate backgrounds by pressing buttons
3) Not confirming anythin

someone plz answer these

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Slayer

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

I'm not confirming anything. ANYTHING. but I have started trying to make a minecraft ds mod. Da first. but since I'm bad at programing i need some halp.

someone plz answer these

First what's needed is the type of background. If it's an SCR background use LOAD "SCU0:FILENAME" to place one.
The rest I don't know.

Edited on by Slayer

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson Please check out mine as well. Although I do not understand why you need a 2D terrain generator, This one has a neat looking minecraft-esque loading bar I think would go well with Minecraft DS.

Bluerobin2 wrote:

So here is a random terrain generator I never finished from long ago. It uses graphics to make a hilly, 2d terrain. You can also use it for the neat looking loading bar. I don"t blame you
Untitled
Worth trying out for one QR code huh?

Oh and my pixel art program is on the wiki now! Check it out!

If you are using this for a skybox, I would suggest loading it on a different layer, then copying it unto the current one, for generating takes milliseconds but smoothing out the terrain takes about 5 seconds.

This used to be an attempt at a 2D mining game. It worked, but I dropped it for It just wasn't fun for me to program and I had other game ideas. I still play with the generator though.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

LeviCelJir

slayer wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

someone plz answer these

First what's needed is the type of background. If it's an SCR background use LOAD "SCU0:FILENAME" to place one.
The rest I don't know.

Patiently waits for more info...

Slayer

@i_price I found a bug in Petit Push. When you press A to restart the level it ends the program. You should consider using loops for this in the future if you didn't.

Ralph

IAmAPerson wrote:

Can I use this for Minecraft DS?

Yes
edit: wow my quote got messed up completely there, should have been paying more attention

Edited on by Ralph

Ralph

Slayer

@randomous How did you pull off the SAY$ thing? I tried that and it said I had a syntax error!

iprice

slayer wrote:

@i_price I found a bug in Petit Push. When you press A to restart the level it ends the program. You should consider using loops for this in the future if you didn't.

It exits because I forgot to change the code when I redid the level loading. It jumps to a @LABEL that is no longer present in the game IIRC.

It was something I forgot to go back to, simply due to the lack of any feedback for the game. I'll fix it tomorrow and update the QRs. Thanks for the reminder.

[EDIT] I've sorted the problem - exactly as i thought. I've updated the man QR - and posted in the QR thread - https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petite_computer_qr...

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

LeviCelJir

@randomous how do i get the pill bug and dynastid beetle? and how do i get the refractor? they are the last few things I need to have everything in my journal.

randomous

@slayer I made custom functions for those to work. If you'd like to use them yourself, just stick the code I posted into your program. Now you can use the functions I made. Since it seems like people are actually interested in my textbox functions, I think I'll work on adding special identifiers for slow text, skip to next line (already in village), color, and other stuff. I should probably fix the bug or two that it has as well; they're not game breaking... they just make text look ugly sometimes lol.

@Levicelejir The pill bug shows up on rocks at night; it should be pretty common.... I think. The dynastid beetle is a rarer beetle that shows up on trees at night. However, the bug system works in such a way that nothing despawns, so if you've already searched all the trees in your village, you may want to catch some bugs before you look again. The dynastid beetle is brown, so it's hard to see (on purpose). The refractor is just something random you get from the ground. It has a fairly low chance of spawning, but not lower than the core drill. By the way, the core drill doesn't do anything yet; one day it will though.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

twinArmageddons

@slayer custom sprites aren't that hard you just treat it like a normal sprite
default: SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,0
custom:LOAD "SPU#:FILENAME",FALSE:SPSET 0,#,0,0,0,0

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

If you quote this, take out the @mentions so we don't constantly summon Morphtorok and slayer

Just edit out all unnecessary text. If the text is relevant, then I'd like to be notified.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

LeviCelJir

erghhhhh I can't figure out these backgrounds! how can i start at a certain location!? when i try it always just puts the backgrounds in a trail to that spot! come on please help me

Eel

If the text is relevant to you, they'll probably mention you anyway. No use in sending emails to x persons just because you quoted someone who mentioned them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

boot

@slayer are you still trying to do custom sprites?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

LeviCelJir

Leviceljir wrote:

erghhhhh I can't figure out these backgrounds! how can i start at a certain location!? when i try it always just puts the backgrounds in a trail to that spot! come on please help me

ARGHHH?

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

ARGHHH?

They might have something about this in the Petit Computer Tutorial Thread. Check there.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic