Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,521 to 5,540 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@Gimmiemorecoinz
I can do a bottom screen background too if you'd like. If not, use the color I used for the top screen background. It looks nice. Use GSPOIT() To find it. I don't remember.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

607jf

I was sure someone was ganna get the reference, on well XD.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

randomous

@Leviceljir There's an item called a "path eraser" which will erase paths for you. If the shop hasn't sold it yet (and you have 1.3.1), you can request a shop restock for 10000 from the "Work" menu at the shop.

@Hansausage Thanks for including me in the credits lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

So here is a random terrain generator I never finished from long ago. It uses graphics to make a hilly, 2d terrain. You can also use it for the neat looking loading bar. I don"t blame you
Untitled
Worth trying out for one QR code huh?

Oh and my pixel art program is on the wiki now! Check it out!

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Miblon

I'm still suffering about my reinstallation of PTC. I did it because I thought it would fix the QR reader, but I guess not. The more horrible thing is I forgot to save my precious CS font. I'm still weeping about it.

Anyways, I'm currently working on something completely different- it's a text based game, but you talk to the boy sprite, with him sharing his tales of him being in so many PTC games. I want to know something though- how do you clear sprites off the screen?

This isn't a interesting signature. Go look at someone elses.
Friend Code: 5370-0889-8930

twinArmageddons

Miblon wrote:

I want to know something though- how do you clear sprites off the screen?

SPCLR control number
or just SPCLR if you want to clear all the sprites

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Miblon

@twinArmageddons
Thanks, I'll probably use it to change the boy's sprite, as maybe he'll turn into a monster, or stab you with his trusty blade.

This isn't a interesting signature. Go look at someone elses.
Friend Code: 5370-0889-8930

twinArmageddons

Miblon wrote:

@twinArmageddons
Thanks, I'll probably use it to change the boy's sprite, as maybe he'll turn into a monster, or stab you with his trusty blade.

to change the sprite you should probably use SPCHR unless you're changing the size of the sprite

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Pixelrobin

How would I go with snapping a sprite to a 16 by 16 "grid" No matter what position was given to it?

Discostew

Bluerobin2 wrote:

How would I go with snapping a sprite to a 16 by 16 "grid" No matter what position was given to it?

I was going to go into a long explanation of bit masking, but I think you can read up on it yourself and get an understand of why it works. As for right now, I'll just give you the needed formula. Assume your grid is made out of 16x16 pixel blocks, starting at coordinate (0,0)

GridX = SpriteX AND &HFFF0
GridY = SpriteY AND &HFFF0

&HFFF0 is hexidecimal for 65520, and what this formula does is crops out the value that separates numbers that are multiples of 16. Like, if you had a value of 36, the above formula would convert it to 32. If 56, then it becomes 48. If 64, then it stays 64, because 64 is a multiple of 16. It's kinda like if you divide by 16, FLOOR it, then multiply by 16, except you're doing it with one operation instead of 3. 65520 is a multiple of 16 in itself, and it covers a large range of numbers that are also multiples of 16.

If you wanted multiples of 32, you'll have to adjust the bitmask value. HFFF0 is for multiples of 16, HFFE0 is for 32, HFFC0 is for 64, HFFF8 is for 8, HFFFC is for 4, etc. It will only work for numbers that are powers of 2.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

@Discostew thanks!

I GOT AN EMAIL FROM SMILEBOOM! APPARENTLY I WON AN AWARD!

Anyone else receive that email?

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

We didn't win, so I wonder what kind of award you're getting? Better get it translated. Who knows? Maybe they want to sponsor your website? Or at least I hope so. It wouldn't be good if it turns out their lawyer just send you C&D letter. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. They did say they like your "American Style" graphics.

http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/co_contest/

Also, the petit computer technical manual for Kindle is up on Amazon. I just downloaded a copy.

The names on the bottom mentioned Abgar-san and Morptorok-san. So, I can only assume, that's the name Morphtorok uses for his sliding puzzle game.

EDIT
30% in, and the book just started to show PTC usage. The rest of the beginning was historical perspective.
50% in, and it has some interesting "1 page" programs. (24 lines)
I think there is a mistake. It shows "IF A THEN @MAIN" whereas I think it should read "IF A GOTO @MAIN"
69% in, and there's 100 line Programming Challenge
74% in and there's a cute picture of a large magnifying glass attached to NDSi. There's also one with a Lego Mindstorm Robot, pecking away at the keyboard!
79% Appendix start
Appendix mostly duplicates the HELP menu on PTC. There's some Japanese PTC websites at the end.

All in all, a good effort. I'd like to see more explanations on how the programs are build, so IMO, there's developer's journal missing. TALK command is also missing.

Did I just read the whole book in half-hour?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

iprice

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Discostew thanks!

An award for what - graphics/coding/ a specific game etc. ?

Congrats

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Maybe... A C&D letter from SmileBoom would be something to brag about as well wouldn't it? Ahem, not that I Brag (much). Nobody else got it? Thats strange. There were more awards open, and all the games we entered were nominated for different awards. I still cannot believe my clunky mess of a game WON something. Ima posting that game on the wiki now.

Anyone play around with my terrain generator? Or scan pixel art editor?

@ChangeV you HAD to win something for MEGAMEGA.

I'm really hoping for something to do with PTC 3d wether its a pre-order or a beta version. Or
perhaps those donuts?

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Maybe... A C&D letter from SmileBoom would be something to brag about as well wouldn't it? Ahem, not that I Brag (much). Nobody else got it? Thats strange. There were more awards open, and all the games we entered were nominated for different awards. I still cannot believe my clunky mess of a game WON something. Ima posting that game on the wiki now.

Anyone play around with my terrain generator? Or scan pixel art editor?

@ChangeV you HAD to win something for MEGAMEGA.

I'm really hoping for something to do with PTC 3d wether its a pre-order or a beta version. Or
perhaps those donuts?

Well, that's part of the director's job. Now that you're the director of a new website, these are the kind of things you need to deal with. Better make up some fancy letter head and business cards! You're a director, now.

How old are you? Must have broken some record for the youngest director ever.

I'll be blogging Coral Maze and WITCH. Can you do me a favor and put those on Wiki for me?
I'm interested in your Pixel Art. Did you post it on QR sharing thread already?

Agreed on ChangeV should win something.

PTC 3D? Ha! Much faster if you make one your own.

EDIT:
The book has samples of source codes that you should practice inputting into the device. They're later programs written by Japanese programmers. So, good exercise, but watch out for katakana!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong well, according to nlife, im about 118. I don't give away my real age online. But I can say that I am in fact, legally able to create a public website.

And no, I wouldn't mind putting those on the wiki. Although I cannot locate the whereabouts of WITCH. Although I've tried before.

And About the youngest website director... probably but not certainty

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong well, according to nlife, im about 118. I don't give away my real age online. But I can say that I am in fact, legally able to create a public website.

And no, I wouldn't mind putting those on the wiki. Although I cannot locate the whereabouts of WITCH. Although I've tried before.

And About the youngest website director... probably but not certainty

I reposted it on Tutorial thread. WITCH 0.5. Public domain, just like Coral Maze.
Are we night owls or early birds?

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

night owls. Early birds soon tho.

swordx

Miblon wrote:

I'm still suffering about my reinstallation of PTC. I did it because I thought it would fix the QR reader, but I guess not. The more horrible thing is I forgot to save my precious CS font. I'm still weeping about it.

Anyways, I'm currently working on something completely different- it's a text based game, but you talk to the boy sprite, with him sharing his tales of him being in so many PTC games. I want to know something though- how do you clear sprites off the screen?

lols I'm doing something similar with sprite boy in DA2.

swordx

randomous

@ramstrong That is correct syntax: IF A THEN @MAIN. It's an "oldschool" way of saying IF A GOTO @MAIN. They mean the same thing.

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic