Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 9,620

Gimmemorecoinz

For anyone of you to answer:
I'm having issues finishing V1.2 of petit smash bros because of this limitation.
I don't know how to have multiple sprite sheets that use the same pallete. I have to seperate 8 frames of link into two seperate sprite sheets.
When I export these for the most part the pallete is consistent, except for a few pixels in link's hair. I know I'm going to come across other instances of this and would like some help. My petit smash bros game is going to use alot of seperate sprite sheets per character (4 or 5)
This is one of the reasons I may find it hard to support more than two different characters on screen at once. o.0
Though I may offer an alternative version that uses simplified sprites in the future (allowing for more sprites on screen) but that said alot of the main programming of the game would have to be entirely different for that to work.
So at a checkpoint now. I can flip link's large sprites, and one sprite of his sword takes up an entire extra 64X64 frame.
For an example to show the issue I'm having still with palletes, here's a nice running link animation.

http://imgur.com/esm3mbv

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

randomous

@swordx I updated it

@IAmAPerson Well, it probably doesn't help that my avatar is Pikachu lol. It's supposed to be the made up word "randomous", which would be "possessing randomness" (which is absurd). But... you know... it looks like mouse lol. Oh well.

randomous

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

How come everyone calls @randomous @randomouse instead of @randomous?

Only swordx does that. Most people do it without the e. After all, most people spell P-O-T-A-T-O. Only certain people add e at the end.

Discostew wrote:

I'm probably not mentioned because of how quiet I am on this board. I don't talk much.

@ramstrong

Testing your alternate method, yes, yours is faster by 3 frames in a 4001 iteration loop due to reading 2 variables instead of 1 variable, 2 fixed numbers, and doing an addition operation, and by all accounts, more readable.

But you impress me every time you post. That's the most important thing. Thanks for checking things out.
I'm still miffed that accessing variables somehow flattens execution time. There's probably a technical reason for that, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx I updated it

@IAmAPerson Well, it probably doesn't help that my avatar is Pikachu lol. It's supposed to be the made up word "randomous", which would be "possessing randomness" (which is absurd). But... you know... it looks like mouse lol. Oh well.

Wait...It wasn't supposed to be Mouse? I figured you were going for a random mouse...Well, either way, thank you so much for updating it!!!

swordx

Thecoolguy617

Hey petit peoples (nice play on words, amiright?) I have a quick question, how do you use the exec (execute) comand? I saw it done in someone elses' program and im trying to replicate the effect. but it doesn't seem to work. the guy typed 'Exec lo' and when I named one of my files lo it jumped from his to mine. however if I edit a program like for example mpzl and Type 'Exec: "sankey"' somewhere on the line of code it doesn't work. any tips?

Thecoolguy617

Hairmanban19

Leviceljir wrote:

@randomous Can you add inside and outside house designing in village? you know furniture and stuff maybe different house designs?

What?!? Your posting something non-Minecraft related! Lol.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Gimmemorecoinz

Thecoolguy617 wrote:

Hey petit peoples (nice play on words, amiright?) I have a quick question, how do you use the exec (execute) comand? I saw it done in someone elses' program and im trying to replicate the effect. but it doesn't seem to work. the guy typed 'Exec lo' and when I named one of my files lo it jumped from his to mine. however if I edit a program like for example mpzl and Type 'Exec: "sankey"' somewhere on the line of code it doesn't work. any tips?

I think the syntax is
exec program name no quotes ??

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

This is link swinging his sword in petit smash bros, guys. His first basic attack. I'm adding kirby instead of samus But I might have to get permission to use the sprites. I'll email the guy maybe. ^^;
http://imgur.com/rWR9kvs
Although... I have to use an extra sprite for the edge of his sword (what a pain)

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Only swordx does that. Most people do it without the e. After all, most people spell P-O-T-A-T-O. Only certain people add e at the end.

Discostew wrote:

I'm probably not mentioned because of how quiet I am on this board. I don't talk much.

@ramstrong

Testing your alternate method, yes, yours is faster by 3 frames in a 4001 iteration loop due to reading 2 variables instead of 1 variable, 2 fixed numbers, and doing an addition operation, and by all accounts, more readable.

But you impress me every time you post. That's the most important thing. Thanks for checking things out.
I'm still miffed that accessing variables somehow flattens execution time. There's probably a technical reason for that, but I'm not going to worry about it.

I put an e at the end too! Its not just Swordx that does it.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Discostew wrote:

@ramstrong

I put an e at the end too! Its not just Swordx that does it.

Yayyyy I'm not an idiottttt!!! lol

Have you updated to 1.1.1 yet?

swordx

SmokedSausage

Untitled

Here is a screen shot of a game i have been workinf on for the past Day
It is a defending game whereas you fend off randomly spawning mobs from the villiage in the praire for as long as you can!
I am currently working on sprite collision and expect to be done in about a week!

Enjoy le' screenshot....

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

Ever heard the expression "Two wrongs don't make a right"?
Anyway, as you can see from Hansausage screen shot, the name "randomous" is a shortened form of the real thing. I'm not comfortable in typing it complete, so I've been using the shortened form for quite a while.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

LeviCelJir

@randomous
How do you get rid of pathways?
I misplaced some >.< now my town looks derpy.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

swordx wrote:

Ever heard the expression "Two wrongs don't make a right"?
Anyway, as you can see from Hansausage screen shot, the name "randomous" is a shortened form of the real thing. I'm not comfortable in typing it complete, so I've been using the shortened form for quite a while.

lols I don't think that's how it's used...

swordx

607jf

I say @randomous Like it is, Sonny!

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Gimmemorecoinz

Free graphics for anyone to use royalty free. I got bored and distracted.
http://imgur.com/cHmw5gy
It's not my best work but it might be useful to somone.

Pixelrobin

ummm, here @Gimmiemorecoinz. Enjoy!

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Gimmiemorecoinz
So I was bored today...
Untitled
Untitled
What do you think? I can remove Mario and link if you'd like.

Anyone know who is in charge of the petit computer wiki? I have inspiration for graphic design right now.

InCeption lol

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic