Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 9,620

randomous

The arcade in Village is going to be a building, but I'm not sure how I want it to be unlocked, so I thought I'd ask. Should it be unlocked after a certain amount of time (like 3 days or so), or should it be money? I'd kind of like it to be time just to mix things up.

Edit: This will be the song that plays during the credits. I decided to leave it as a piano because it sounded so nice.
Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Eel

randomous wrote:

The arcade in Village is going to be a building, but I'm not sure how I want it to be unlocked, so I thought I'd ask. Should it be unlocked after a certain amount of time (like 3 days or so), or should it be money? I'd kind of like it to be time just to mix things up.

Edit: This will be the song that plays during the credits. I decided to leave it as a piano because it sounded so nice.
Untitled

It's amazing!

I somehow never thought of animal crossing music! It would be better with a loop though, you never know how long these credits will end up being!

If you ever feel like making another AC song, try K.K. Sonata, I think you'll like it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok Actually, there's quite a lot more to the song. If the credits get too long (they're just the right length right now), I'll add more parts of the song. I'm glad you like it! I'll have to go listen to KK Sonata now. I'm sure I've heard it before (unless it's brand new), I just don't know it by name.

Edit: OOOOooooooooohhhhhhhh I remember now. Yes, I should probably include this somewhere lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Eel

Lol. I think it was added in the wii game but I only heard it until an animal with it playing in its house moved to my NL town.
It's pretty pretty lol. It's piano only too.

Bloop.

Pixelrobin

petitcomputercommunity.blogspot.com is in the process of getting a live chat. Its usable now.

@ramstrong
I used same password as the one I sent you. Same email as well. Admin username is petitcommunity. Admin controls at Cbox.ws

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

petitcomputercommunity.blogspot.com is in the process of getting a live chat. Its usable now.

@ramstrong
I used same password as the one I sent you. Same email as well. Admin username is petitcommunity. Admin controls at Cbox.ws

So, what do you want me to do with it? I've been busy uploading stuff to simpletongeek blogspot. Just catching up, though. Oh, and a lot of Raspi stuff. Remember the planned virtual classroom for Petit Computer? How many are interested in attending? I need to decide soon whether to host it in my blog, or this PetitComputerCommunity. I should be caught up by next week, finger crossed. I certainly don't want it to spill over til September.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Hairmanban19

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@morphtorok HE CANT! HE DID NOT!

oh and can I have everyone else's feedback on the Petit Smash Bros logo GRP?

@slayer TI-BASIC is so simple, I don't even call it a programming language. Its exactly like block programming except in lines. Heck, you can even make a program by not typing a single command and just selecting it from the dictionary. Just saying

I think the logo is great!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Petit Computer Community will be usable, but unfinished soon. You (And whoever else wants to join can start posting by the end of next week. After that, its pure polishing. My custom chat just didn't work out well. The one I have now needs to be polished aswell. It doesn't auto-refresh. That may be a problem or not. I'll Also start working on some video tutorials once the site is "Finished".

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Petit Computer Community will be usable, but unfinished soon. You (And whoever else wants to join can start posting by the end of next week. After that, its pure polishing. My custom chat just didn't work out well. The one I have now needs to be polished aswell. It doesn't auto-refresh. That may be a problem or not. I'll Also start working on some video tutorials once the site is "Finished".

Cool! Okay, just let me know when you want me to start contributing. New Petit Computer Journal entries will start appearing in early September. Gosh, September? Wasn't the last one was in April? That's a long hiatus! I'd better get cracking!

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

Errggh, I originally wanted the Animal Crossing 2pm song to be the song that played during the day in Village. I made it... but now I'm not sure if it you'll want to listen to it 6 hours out of the day (I'm planning on using 4 songs). Maybe I should pick a less repetitive song... or maybe I should just make it a better remake. Oh well, here it is:

Untitled

Oh yeah, it doesn't sound right with headphones for whatever reason.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Hairmanban19

Alright,i have some game ideas and have been learning some new commands,so i just made the menu for my game called Spelunker:The Cave Explorer. Its gonna be a sidescroller where you explore caves and kill stone monsters and gather precious ores and and items,and solve puzzles to gain very precious ores and items to help you in battle! Of course,i have to learn much more BASIC to make this game but i'm learning more and more so i hope i'll get to make this game! QUESTION:How do i set two sprites at one time in a program? So you can see two sprites in an area in my game. I'm making the beginning right now so please help. Also:Please tell what you think about my game idea.

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

QUESTION:How do i set two sprites at one time in a program? So you can see two sprites in an area in my game. I'm making the beginning right now so please help. Also:Please tell what you think about my game idea.

Why would you have trouble coming up with 2 sprites? Just give them different control number. Please go through the Tutorial thread. There's plenty of sprite tutorials over there. One is bound to help you get started. Really.

Petit Computer Journal

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

QUESTION:How do i set two sprites at one time in a program? So you can see two sprites in an area in my game. I'm making the beginning right now so please help. Also:Please tell what you think about my game idea.

Why would you have trouble coming up with 2 sprites? Just give them different control number. Please go through the Tutorial thread. There's plenty of sprite tutorials over there. One is bound to help you get started. Really.

Well,i tried setting two sprites but it gave me syntax errors,but i'm able to set one sprite,i'll just go look at the tutorial thread.

Eel

randomous wrote:

Errggh, I originally wanted the Animal Crossing 2pm song to be the song that played during the day in Village. I made it... but now I'm not sure if it you'll want to listen to it 6 hours out of the day (I'm planning on using 4 songs). Maybe I should pick a less repetitive song... or maybe I should just make it a better remake. Oh well, here it is:

Untitled

Oh yeah, it doesn't sound right with headphones for whatever reason.

At first I thought it was the 2AM one from Wild World (which is beautiful), but yeah! It's pretty repetitive.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Hairmanban19

Now i'm having trouble with being able to walk in my game. Heres my code:@MOVE
IF BTRIG()==4 GOTO@LEFT
IF BTRIG()==8 GOTO@RIGHT
GOTO@MOVE
@LEFT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X-16,Y,60
GOTO@MOVE
@RIGHT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+16,Y,60
GOTO@MOVE
Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. It says missing opperand(SPREAD).

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Now i'm having trouble with being able to walk in my game. Heres my code:@MOVE
IF BTRIG()==4 GOTO@LEFT
IF BTRIG()==8 GOTO@RIGHT
GOTO@MOVE
@LEFT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X-16,Y,60
GOTO@MOVE
@RIGHT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+16,Y,60
GOTO@MOVE
Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. It says missing opperand(SPREAD).

You need comma after the parenthesis. SPREAD(0),X,Y
You also need to set the sprite with SPSET before you use it. Read Help Menu #37 and #39 for SPSET and SPREAD() respectively.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong funny story. If you kept up with my blog, you would know that my teacher gave me a challenge to write 40 pages of any text. So I tried doing 40 blog posts, but with vacations and work and stuff, I couldn't do it. So then I count up my posts on this forum by line and take into consideration that a standard notebook page has 32 lines, and see how many "pages" I wrote. Turns out, I never needed to worry. I did't even need to add up my total smileBASIC lines. (But I did - 29.5 pages). The next part would be to read for 40 hours. Now I just need to determine how much I read here over summer and add it to my reading books list. lol

randomous

@Morphtorok Awww, I spent all that time making it and I'm not even going to use it. Oh well, I'll find another use for it. Maybe all my rejected songs can go into a radio or something.

randomous

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong funny story. If you kept up with my blog, you would know that my teacher gave me a challenge to write 40 pages of any text. So I tried doing 40 blog posts, but with vacations and work and stuff, I couldn't do it. So then I count up my posts on this forum by line and take into consideration that a standard notebook page has 32 lines, and see how many "pages" I wrote. Turns out, I never needed to worry. I did't even need to add up my total smileBASIC lines. (But I did - 29.5 pages). The next part would be to read for 40 hours. Now I just need to determine how much I read here over summer and add it to my reading books list. lol

Yes, funny story, but it's rather off-topic, don't you think? Is today off topic day or something? Anyway, next time you have personal off-topic message for me, feel free to swapnote me! I'm really curious about your progress with Arduino, so if you can update your blog more often, I'll be happy to subscribe.

In the meantime, I finished catching up with my Petit Computer Journal. It's on the new website at http://simpletongeek.blogspot.com

I updated my sig for the new website, and having written 41 pages on it so far, it'll be daily posting up to Sep 3. There will be, I think more raspberry pi posting until Sep 6-7. Then it's back to Petit Computer again. The advantage of having a new blogspot is that this one has a convenient directory on the side, that you can refer to, in case you're looking for a quick topic. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong it was only half-off topic... And yes, today should be off-topic day

Btw How would you load a COL file? I've never really had to do it before...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic