Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,041 to 5,060 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

@Swordx are you gonna add saving to DA sometime? I'm just wondering because i probably will never be able to beat it without saving,but do what you wanna do,its ok if you don't wanna do it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx are you gonna add saving to DA sometime? I'm just wondering because i probably will never be able to beat it without saving,but do what you wanna do,its ok if you don't wanna do it.

Yes, I will add saving in the next update.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Yes, I will add saving in the next update.

Yay,saving!!! Once you release that update i will search for more bugs!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

theblackdragon

Hey guys, you'll all notice I've stepped in to clean up all the prior nastiness. I'd like to make something clear to everyone (especially @Slayer, who brought it up in the first place): we ask that everyone abide by our Community Rules, and they specifically prohibit the discussion of emulators, ROMs, and illegal devices (yes, flashcarts are indeed illegal in the UK and we don't care where you're from — we ask that you not discuss them period). We don't think this is too much to ask of our users. If this is something you cannot handle, you will eventually wind up banned. The idea of you not being able to release your Petit Computer games to our userbase in no way outweighs the enforcement of our Community Rules.

In short, we don't care how big a 'big shot' you are in the Petit Computer world. If you use that as an excuse to flout our Rules, you will eventually wind up banned. This is your warning. Thanks in advance, everyone! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Slayer

theblackdragon wrote:

Hey guys, you'll all notice I've stepped in to clean up all the prior nastiness. I'd like to make something clear to everyone (especially @Slayer, who brought it up in the first place): we ask that everyone abide by our Community Rules, and they specifically prohibit the discussion of emulators, ROMs, and illegal devices (yes, flashcarts are indeed illegal in the UK and we don't care where you're from — we ask that you not discuss them period). We don't think this is too much to ask of our users. If this is something you cannot handle, you will eventually wind up banned. The idea of you not being able to release your Petit Computer games to our userbase in no way outweighs the enforcement of our Community Rules.

In short, we don't care how big a 'big shot' you are in the Petit Computer world. If you use that as an excuse to flout our Rules, you will eventually wind up banned. This is your warning. Thanks in advance, everyone! :3

:3
And that was a bit of an accident.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

swordx

DeviousCrossing wrote:

I actually picked Mario Golf (3DS VC) over this. Did I make a good decision? D:

Most definitely not.

swordx

theblackdragon

@DeviousCrossing: It really depends on how dedicated you are to learning a programming language and dealing with Petit Computer's quirks. It's not like you can't pick it up later on if you're really curious about it :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Slayer

Okay, let's see... I definitely need some more code into this, but I don't know where to start. I'm planning an extra gamemode but that's a surprise gamemode and I won't tell anybody unless it's killing me not telling you or if it's absolutely necessary. >:3
Anyway, I'll still put that in the game. Maybe later, maybe in alpha 1.0 but still.
B=BUTTON(1)? I have no idea why I put that in, must be part of @Waffle003's code.
Which was Sonic approved. Lol... I'm starting to get too into that phrase.
PNLSTR is never code that I've heard of...
I'll just post on GameFAQs. Kyubikenhonoh needs help with DarkShift anyway.

Edited on by Slayer

iprice

Perhaps it needs to be "IF X<=0 THEN X=0" (basically your character has moved to a negative x position (eg -1)) This code will ensure that you remain on screen.

I code, therefore I am.

ramstrong

theblackdragon wrote:

Hey guys, you'll all notice I've stepped in to clean up all the prior nastiness.

So, this is the third time? Thanks for your hard work, TBD! I wish I can do better to prevent this from happening.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

boot

iprice wrote:

Perhaps it needs to be "IF X<=0 THEN X=0" (basically your character has moved to a negative x position (eg -1)) This code will ensure that you remain on screen.

thanks it worked

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Hey guys, you'll all notice I've stepped in to clean up all the prior nastiness.

So, this is the third time? Thanks for your hard work, TBD! I wish I can do better to prevent this from happening.

I thought it was only twice...

swordx

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

One went away. One got banned. Now this. The first one was before your time. TBD cleaned it up good, there's hardly any trace. I started noticing some common patterns, and so I tried to head it off. Obviously unsuccessful.

EDIT:
OK, so it wasn't before swordx time. It's not between us, though. Quadruple posting? I was catching up a whole week of discussion. And my posts are neutral, so different people interpret them differently, depending upon personality. That style has some drawbacks, but it's mostly useful, so I'm not about to change it.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

One went away. One got banned. Now this. The first one was before your time. TBD cleaned it up good, there's hardly any trace. I started noticing some common patterns, and so I tried to head it off. Obviously unsuccessful.

I remember that one was between you and me. Something about you quaddruple posting and I thought you were a little rude to someone (wow, maybe I read your posts weird...), but I guess I must have missed the other one!

I'll work on the DA update tomorrow, while I'm out of town and away from the amazing F-Zero GX. That game is so addicting. I'll be sure to get saves in.

swordx

Slayer

I have no idea where to start on throwing in some code in Apocalypse Rising... I might utilize the "new game" and start coding the game for real...
Oh wait, I can't. I have no sprites so I can't go any further. Ah, dang it... I was looking forward to this...
I explained SPANIM to Kyubikenhonoh so I guess I'm back to Nintendo Life.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

That frustrating moment where there's a break in your code and you can't find it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IAmAPerson It may be frustrating, but its a very good opportunity to learn something new .

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic