Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 9,620

InsertPi

@Sypher When is the next Touch OS update coming out? Not trying to be pushy, I'm just wondering...

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Sypher When is the next Touch OS update coming out? Not trying to be pushy, I'm just wondering...

Why didn't you post this in the OS thread?

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

Still working on sprites... It's a lot easier making individual sprites for characters instead of making sprite characters and seperate weapons or items...
And @randomous, I notice the character looks like he's attacking something when he digs or, most surprisingly, uses the watering can in Village. I know you used the basic attacking sprites and I actually find that kind of funny. If you want a better explanation play Village use the shovel or watering can and look at the character's face.

Edited on by Slayer

Eel

He really likes shoveling and watering with passion.

Anyway lol, yeah that's the reason I edited these sprites in Petit Farm, to take out the aggressive face.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

I didn't know there was one...

Morphtorok wrote:

Anyway lol, yeah that's the reason I edited these sprites in Petit Farm, to take out the aggressive face.

lol I noticed the player was attacking but never looked at the face. I'll be sure to check that our next time I play!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

slayer wrote:

Anyone interested in making a group RPG? Like everyone team up and make our VERY OWN un-official Zelda game? Remember-un-official. Fan-made, nobody can complain that it would copy. Or something else, anything's fine. Lots of people are busy with their projects, but every time someone mentioned a group project nobody really did a group project.

What are you talking about? Coral Maze was a group project. A successful one at that. It won an entry in the competition!

Another group project is open. A sprite game. I invite you (for the umpteenth time) to modify my WITCH game! I even gave you suggestions on the kind of games you can do. So, put up or shut up. You want a group project? There you go. Or are you just trolling complains?

Alright. I understand Witch is a group project, and I even just played 0.5 right now and survived for a long time and I overwhelmed myself on purpose at over 20000 points. Not sure much what I can do besides make a background.
And feel lucky that I take time from making sprites for my project to make a background for your game. That's a bit of a rare occasion.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Morphtorok wrote:

I've GOT to scan Petit Farm...
And lol...

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Well I tried making a Witch background and I worked hard on it but pressed X by accident and tried going back but by mistake I ended the program. So no..

Hairmanban19

Whenever i scan Village for an update i have to go and delete a few programs in my list for Village to fit in my list! I hope the new Petit Computer will have more space to have more games! @slayer i posted some QRs for a couple more SCRED files.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Slayer

randomous wrote:

@slayer Yeah... but I kind of like the silly faces lol.

Lol.
I've finished Gladiators' custom sprites. Now I need to get them in. I have the main source code, GLAD, but the release of alpha 1.0 will be GALPHA10. I can't fit an underscore so I have to call it that. Anyway, @Hairmanban19 thanks for all the map files! These are really helpful and will speed up Apocalypse Rising when Gladiators is done. Then I don't have to make backgrounds and I'll just load them in.
Edit: I'm stuck with seperate weapon sprites for the attack sprites.... I was seriously trying to avoid this... Well, I guess the alternative is moving the entire sprite back in CHRED so it's better than practically an hour of recreating the sprite.

Edited on by Slayer

Hairmanban19

Man,i'm loving my Village! I just got the golden statue! I love it! TIP:If you have the golden statue then press A next to it and it will play the Zelda Oveerworld song.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

slayer wrote:

Anyone interested in making a group RPG? Like everyone team up and make our VERY OWN un-official Zelda game? Remember-un-official. Fan-made, nobody can complain that it would copy. Or something else, anything's fine. Lots of people are busy with their projects, but every time someone mentioned a group project nobody really did a group project.

What are you talking about? Coral Maze was a group project. A successful one at that. It won an entry in the competition!

Another group project is open. A sprite game. I invite you (for the umpteenth time) to modify my WITCH game! I even gave you suggestions on the kind of games you can do. So, put up or shut up. You want a group project? There you go. Or are you just trolling complains?

Perhaps he wanted to start something else. Perhaps YOU should be a bit more friendly. He's NOT trolling, he's merely stating his wishes. Kindness goes a long way, @Ramstrong!

1. No, he does not want to start something else. If you read the text, he's open to any group project
2. I'm as friendly as I can, while still trying to "shock" him out of his shell of complancency. Ignorance is not bliss. In fact, one tends to hurt people unintentionally while doing so. I can do it a lot meaner, by pointing out all his bad behavior, for one thing.
3. Not yet, but the signs are there. Making a bunch of statements without checking facts. Numerous postings, etc. I have experience with this. More than one person have the same cues. I'm trying to head off trouble because it's not going to a good conclusion.
4. I phrased it as a question, yet you take it as a statement. I don't know what's wrong with you, because the only way you could get upset is if the answer is "yes". But then, what? You don't like it? Stop doing it, and do better! That's all.

From Slayer's responses, I'd say the message got through. And that's what important. Being a good contributing member of society is always desirable. Try not to do things randomly. You only have so much time. Better to do it with a sense of purpose, instead of idle wishing.

We are here to have fun. There should be some time for adjustment, but I think Slayer has been with us long enough that he should be contributing, instead of keep asking for hand outs. There is time for being spoiled, there is time for growing up, there is time for contribute. Welcome to the veteran club, Slayer!

BlueRobin is right. Just do it. You're too busy to do anything now? Then don't warble and waste time posting. Why do you think I don't post often? I'm too busy! You'll see daily posting on my simpletongeek blogspot, and I haven't put that in my signature yet. I'll post it out when I have something worthwhile to say.

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Nobody goes there anymore. Signal to noise ratio is too low.

And feel lucky that I take time from making sprites for my project to make a background for your game. That's a bit of a rare occasion.

If you feel contributing is a burden, then I suggest that you do not contribute. The reason I made WITCH in the first place is to help you guys. WITCH is an exercise for sprite manipulation, so if you're confused about it, you can read and analyze the source code. The rest, I purposely left bare. Even if you don't know how to work sprites, you can at least figure out how to make a game framework, from start screen, to music, to sound effects, to end screen. You can change the sound effects all around. In short, it's a great piece to hack and experiment with.

I'm doing it to help you guys get off the ground. If you're doing it for the sense of entitlement, then I'd rather you make your own game. Coral Maze is successful because everybody selflessly contributed.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

Welcome to the team @swordx! Lets see you do some epic stuff!

I have an off-topic question though, Is there a "Visual C" sort of thing that is actually related to C? VB is not like BASIC very much at all. It was like a combination of lua and JSON. Arrrrggghhh!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

swordx

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have an off-topic question though, Is there a "Visual C" sort of thing that is actually related to C? VB is not like BASIC very much at all. It was like a combination of lua and JSON. Arrrrggghhh!

lols @ "Welcome to the team"

I'm pretty sure I've been here.

swordx

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Man,i'm loving my Village! I just got the golden statue! I love it! TIP:If you have the golden statue then press A next to it and it will play the Zelda Oveerworld song.

I love the golden statue, I bought it too awhile ago, and I put it in the middle square because that has lots of clear space.

Slayer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I've used Visual Basic before Petit Computer and then I switched, forgot everything, and I'm on a quest to relearn normal BASIC.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic