Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,941 to 4,960 of 9,620

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson Wow, that's scary! That's because you're not supposed to mess around with my code! Lol just kidding, just redownload Village and it'll all be fine. Your save file won't go away, don't worry. If you're going to change the code, don't save the program (unless you're comfortable with saving as a package). If you're changing prices because you don't have enough money, I'd suggest hacking in tons of money for the safe rather than change the prices. That way, you only need to do it once, and you won't need to save the program to keep the money (you just save your village). I'm sorry I made it harder to "hack" lol.

Oh, and I'm adding the ability to take screenshots. It's a totally useless feature... but man, it's cool!

Hmmmmmm........ What else to hack in while I'm at it........
EDIT: Ok, I only "hacked" in $150000. Bought me a well and a golden statue.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

boot

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson Wow, that's scary! That's because you're not supposed to mess around with my code! Lol just kidding, just redownload Village and it'll all be fine. Your save file won't go away, don't worry. If you're going to change the code, don't save the program (unless you're comfortable with saving as a package). If you're changing prices because you don't have enough money, I'd suggest hacking in tons of money for the safe rather than change the prices. That way, you only need to do it once, and you won't need to save the program to keep the money (you just save your village). I'm sorry I made it harder to "hack" lol.

Oh, and I'm adding the ability to take screenshots. It's a totally useless feature... but man, it's cool!

I made it so when you buy something it gives you 500000 instead of the sell price. IM RICH

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

InsertPi

@boot I like ur profile pic

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Pixelrobin

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

@ramstrong you gonna like this or else!
Behold! Petit Computer Community logo 3!

Untitled

Other 2:

V2
Untitled

V1

Untitled

Now everyone VOTE!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

boot

@Bluerobin2 v.2
@IAmAPerson Thanks. its same on the wiki.
Every one else:
im making a game called creeper. I finnaly learned sprites and its a sanbox game where you play as a creeper and blow things up. like villagers.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

ramstrong

noxuss wrote:

swordx wrote:

I believe he's looking for tutorials with collision, not games featuring it.

Yeah, the games don't help that much.

The Apple Picker Game has 2 blogposts explaining it. I think you should at least read those before complaining.

The skill of reading other people's code is hard to get, and takes a long time to master, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. It's very beneficial to be able to read other code, so learn it. Like all difficult skill, it comes in slowly. So, give it time. Do it once a week, you'll improve a little each time and will be good before you know it.

@randomous
I know what you mean, but the best thing anybody can do is post the instructions somewhere. And if people won't read it, well, that's not your fault. I mean, I spent a lot of time writing the explanations for my The Apple Picker Game, and as you can see from noxuss and swordx comments, they just don't bother reading it.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 Aahhhhh!!! They're all so good! I can't decide!

@randomous I forgot how awesome Village was! I love the quotes from the player. One of my favourites is "Grrrrrrrrreat! A tiger butterfly!"

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong which one do you like most? Also speaking of the apple Picker game, I'm making a sprite-based version to test out different kinds of code. except in this one, smashing into a wall will result in a life lost and other features.

@IamAPerson Thank you! DECIDE.
Untitled

Edited on by Pixelrobin

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Are you kidding me? How can you say that? Of all the things that you can say. Imagine that!

The fact is, they're all great! I know I'm supposed to choose one, but I just can't choose! Each is good in their own way. Great job bluerobin2! I'm impressed.

Maybe I should start calling you "Director". As in the Director of Petit Computer Community. Like it?

Edit:
Dying when you smash into a wall? Ummm. That doesn't sound like beginner-friendly.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong If you want I could do something like V2 with a light shadow like in V1. Its just a simple filter.
Edit: well, It won't be sorted into levels, the apple picker just runs faster and faster over time and snakes move into the screen and out while apples appear randomly. So I suppose by smash I meant at a high speed.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

randomous

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Bluerobin2 Aahhhhh!!! They're all so good! I can't decide!

@randomous I forgot how awesome Village was! I love the quotes from the player. One of my favourites is "Grrrrrrrrreat! A tiger butterfly!"

Thank you!

randomous

Hairmanban19

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

Untitled

Other 2:

V2
Untitled

V1

Untitled

Now everyone VOTE!

V2

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 if I had to choose, it'd be the second one on the list.
@randomous Yay! It happened again!
Untitled

Edited on by InsertPi

Hairmanban19

@randomouse i'm lovin the look of the area that has my house in Village! I have:a dirt path that goes from the shop to my house,a fountain,a golden fountain,a lamp post,a bench,a well,and a bunch of flowers. And i got all of that stuff with no hacks!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong If you want I could do something like V2 with a light shadow like in V1. Its just a simple filter.
Edit: well, It won't be sorted into levels, the apple picker just runs faster and faster over time and snakes move into the screen and out while apples appear randomly. So I suppose by smash I meant at a high speed.

Maybe have something like rotating logo? Like Google does?

It's a design thing, but if I'm to kill the player for smashing into a wall, I'd rather he do it himself. I mentioned a TURBO button not being implemented. I think it's okay if you want to kill the player for smashing into a wall when the TURBO button is engaged. But like I said, it's a design thing. This is why good games takes so long. It's not so much as programming, but design issue. Good programmin may not be easy, but it's nothing compared to good design.

So, kudos on your logos. I like them all.

Petit Computer Journal

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

noxuss wrote:

swordx wrote:

I believe he's looking for tutorials with collision, not games featuring it.

Yeah, the games don't help that much.

The Apple Picker Game has 2 blogposts explaining it. I think you should at least read those before complaining.

The skill of reading other people's code is hard to get, and takes a long time to master, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. It's very beneficial to be able to read other code, so learn it. Like all difficult skill, it comes in slowly. So, give it time. Do it once a week, you'll improve a little each time and will be good before you know it.

@randomous
I know what you mean, but the best thing anybody can do is post the instructions somewhere. And if people won't read it, well, that's not your fault. I mean, I spent a lot of time writing the explanations for my The Apple Picker Game, and as you can see from noxuss and swordx comments, they just don't bother reading it.

Well, to be fair, I didn't download the Apple Picker game.

@Bluerobin2 I like V3 the best.

swordx

randomous

Untitled
Well, I updated Village to include the ability to take screenshots. Try it out! You can put the screenshot GRPs on your computer and load them up with PTC Utilities to get a real image! Just make sure you get the COL file that goes along with it too.

@IAmAPerson Lol you must really like that saying!

@Hairmanban19 It always makes me really happy when people enjoy Village. Thank you!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic