Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 9,620

Slayer

noxuss wrote:

So is it possible for anyone to upload the default QRs?

Oh, and slayer, do you have any pictures of Gladiators or Apocalypse Rising? I'm looking forward to them

Thanks!
Sadly no, I don't. I need to get custom sprites working on Gladiators, and Apocalypse Rising is not there yet, but nearly there. When I have enough progress I might make these two a few wiki pages.
EDIT: Two projects I was sort of forced into because I started coding Apocalypse Rising because it was an old idea of mine, Gladiators I started coding first, so it has more code. Nice to know people like my ideas, though! I'm trying to work fast and be busy at life at the same time, But I'll focus hard on Gladiators, and get that game a version as well as a place on the wiki, and then on to Apocalypse Rising, then I'll start making an RPG series I've planned.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

InsertPi

Ok, so the way I'm going at making this C interpreter is actually a little different from what you guys might think. I've made a "in between" coding language between C and PTCom. It is easy to encode and decode in that language, and here's how I'm using it. When you input your code, as its beig inputted, it is being converted to this "new language" and stored elsewhere. When you run it, it converts this "new language" to PTCom and runs. The reason I'm doing it this way is because it is actually a little bit faster (even though the inputted code is interpreted 3 times before it's actually executed), and it makes other people's lives a lot easier if they want to tweak this to make a C++, Java, etc. converter. A question for you guys. What should I call this "in between" language? I'll post a couple commands:

In PTCom:  PRINT "Hi " NAME$
In "this": 3Hi :SNAME
In C:      printf("Hi %d", name);

In PTCom:  LINPUT "Enter something: ";STRING$
In "this": 4Enter something\: :>string
In C:      scanf("Enter something: %d", &string);

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

noxuss

slayer wrote:

noxuss wrote:

Oh, and slayer, do you have any pictures of Gladiators or Apocalypse Rising? I'm looking forward to them

Thanks!
Sadly no, I don't. I need to get custom sprites working on Gladiators, and Apocalypse Rising is not there yet, but nearly there. When I have enough progress I might make these two a few wiki pages.
EDIT: Two projects I was sort of forced into because I started coding Apocalypse Rising because it was an old idea of mine, Gladiators I started coding first, so it has more code. Nice to know people like my ideas, though! I'm trying to work fast and be busy at life at the same time, But I'll focus hard on Gladiators, and get that game a version as well as a place on the wiki, and then on to Apocalypse Rising, then I'll start making an RPG series I've planned.

They sound great, but don't rush it

noxuss

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Slayer I don't want to feel the wrath of ramstrong . Very smart move indeed.

@ramstrong so I did something like:
IF (BT AND 1) THEN INFO$="00-13"
INFO$ is sort of a DATA thingymabob in that the program reads it and sets the sprite accordingly:

• First 2 digits are the X-direction (00 = →, -1 = ←)
  • Next two digits are the Y-direction
  • Last digit is the sprite number

I do not interpret the data, I use it directly like so:
X=X+MOVE*(VAL(LEFT$(INFO$,2)))
and Y=Y+MOVE*(VAL(MID$(INFO$,2,2)))
Lastly,
SPCHR 0,VAL(RIGHT$(INFO$,1))

In this case the bullet sprite is used. Your thoughts?

As of your comment on polishing, I agree. But I also take user interaction and visuals seriously. I ask myself 2 questions: "Would a 5-year old be able to understand this gui?" and "Would this pass as a DsiWare game?". My Pixel art program is a perfect example.

I did something like that, but it turns out my method is slowing down the interface, just a tad, but enough to make high-speed, twitch game to be a little unresponsive. So, now I'm back to do it the old fashioned way, at least for the twitch game.

I like your GUI idea. Did you post pixel art yet? Somehow I missed the QR.

I'm busy updating my blogspot, so I won't be participating here too much. But, yes, R4 is legal to be imported for personal and domestic use, at least in England, last time I checked.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

So I was making a song for my Tron Light Cycles game. I thought to myself "This is going well!". I was liking the song; it sounded groovy! But uhh... Tron isn't groovy, and it just didn't match the game, no matter how fast I played it. So I removed it, slowed it down, and decided that it sounded good for something else. I'm not sure what that something else is, but it's probably going to go in the arcade (just like the other songs I posted).

Untitled

I just can't make a song longer than 30 seconds, can I? I'm just sort of mediocre with creating new songs, so I can only do it in short bursts I guess. Hopefully whatever game I choose to put this in doesn't feel too dull with such a repetitive song.

By the way, I got the "echo" effect by playing the same note over and over again while steadily getting quieter. After all, that's all an echo really is. Feel free to use this song in whatever you want (not that I suspect anyone would), just don't claim you wrote it.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong I still need to fine-tune some things. @Discostew posted his version earlier where you can make pixel art out of any GRP. My version will not have that, for you need to have a seprate COL file and its just too much hassle.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

steriaca

noxuss wrote:

Can anyone spare a few minutes to put the default chred and col qrs?

Why do you want the qr's for the default sprites? You know the default sprties can't be erased, right?

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

GraphicGenius

How do you save the sprites you make on CHRED?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Gimmemorecoinz

Wooow slow week for the forum? xD I barely slept. but i'm about to now. was curious. :3 I'll check your music later @randomous

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

GraphicGenius

Does anyone know what TALK does? I've always wanted to use it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

GraphicGenius

boot wrote:

gasp!

I know right? I was just about to contact Smileboom about that idea!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

Slayer

noxuss wrote:

slayer wrote:

noxuss wrote:

Thanks!

They sound great, but don't rush it

Oh.... And all this time I was trying to let people enjoy them more quickly... XD

Gimmemorecoinz

</quote>

Does..this mean that they're going to be adding ONLINE PLAY functionality to petit computer this time and allow the false to be used with the SEND o.0
ALSO Does it mean we'll finally get some 3D dev tools? maybe?.. hope? I HOPE SO! ha ha ha. I bet they weren't expecting petit computer to be SO POPULAR in North America either! Haha! its even catching on more far as I know.

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

now i'm going to sleep finally. I haven't slept much. :3
@randomous I'll try your music later it looks awesome. Also how do I get my shovel back in village? I might have accidentally sold it

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Slayer

!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! I SWEAR I will get a 3DS XL for Christmas, or my birthday, but anyway THAT IS AMAZING!
Oh, I almost forgot... I have these:

• DSi XL, meaning I probably can't pick up the second one
  • The FIRST Petit Computer!
    Okay, someone start a new thread or stay on this one. Wish you 3DS users luck!
    EDIT: D: !!! I just checked DSiWare and the latest game is Cute Witch! runner... the less sad part is I don't even want that...

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

</quote>

Does..this mean that they're going to be adding ONLINE PLAY functionality to petit computer this time and allow the false to be used with the SEND o.0
ALSO Does it mean we'll finally get some 3D dev tools? maybe?.. hope? I HOPE SO! ha ha ha. I bet they weren't expecting petit computer to be SO POPULAR in North America either! Haha! its even catching on more far as I know.

That...would....be....AMAZING! Everyone tell me what the new features are, when and if they get it... I don't have any 3DS systems....

Slayer

I just made a thread for everyone using the 3DS PTC. It's in the 3DS eShop forum, you can't miss it. So either I'm alone here or there are other DSi users here...
I don't know if that means TheDreamingHawk's thread stops here. Let's count the score in pages...
244. Nice.

Edited on by Slayer

Ralph

slayer wrote:

I just made a thread for everyone using the 3DS PTC. It's in the 3DS eShop forum, you can't miss it. So either I'm alone here or there are other DSi users here...
I don't know if that means TheDreamingHawk's thread stops here. Let's count the score in pages...
244. Nice.

I don't think this thread will stop for a long time.

Ralph

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic