Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 481 to 500 of 9,620

Sprite

morphiod how is petit blocks coming

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

koopatroopaX

i think petit blocks is finished. check page 6 on the QR code sharing thread on nintendo life for it.

koopatroopaX

triotip

spanim isn't working for me either i end the program, and then the sprite does it's animation, it doesn't work while program is running
can some one help

triotip

Eel

@triotip: That usually happens because SPANIM is getting repeated.

It is setting the animation several times during a second, so the animation restarts before it can continue on to the next frame.
You need to place SPANIM in a place where it won't be called every milisecond.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

Tingle wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hey I'm Swordx and I'm new to Nintendolife. I just came here because you guys seem to have a very active Petit Computer community, and I've really been wanting to find one of those.

What I'm making: I'm making a game called Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters. The game will have 16 maps and 3 bosses of five. The 16th map is a secret map. So far, I've finished 11 maps. Once I fix a few bugs, I'll release the current version of the game. IDK if you guys know of it, but I already posted a very outdated version of the game on one of the Wikis and on 3DS Buzz. If you guys want to play the older version of the game, it can be found below.

http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/sworddx/DUNGEON%20A...

Double-posting n00b.

So YOU'RE the person who made it! Man, I thought the original one was good, but yours is really cool! I liked the story (the original lacked one), and the boss fight against Helmetdread was cool. I can't wait to see the updated version!
Good luck!

I'm glad you liked it. The name Helmetdread was a reference to Helmethead from The Adventure of Link. I forgot to mention that I'm a hugeeee fan of Zelda.

There will (most likely) be 9 games in the series. Each game is (probably) going to take up all 9999 lines of coding. Which, basically, means that I MIGHT have to make more than 16 stages. But don't worry, I'll try to keep it at 16. Expect the final version to have a lot of puzzles. And also, don't expect to get to Helmetdread on version 0.2. I made it wayyyy to hard (I really like a challenge).

If you liked the style of this game a lot, I'm sorry. The next game will be similar to The Adventure of Link. The third will be a top down RPG, and from there expect to see mixes between the three styles.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

koopatroopaX

swordx, what is your favourite type of game, like rpg, fps.etc. i have some friends that want to make a side scrolling ripoff of the original super mario land. aka super mario land 1. would you be interested in helping or are you sticking with rpg's?

koopatroopaX

triotip

thanks that worked ^_^

triotip

triotip

any one know how i make movement controls that are "icy" (the sprite keeps going in the direction it was when the buttons were released while the speed slowly decreases to a stop) and so i have to worry about creating a screen boundary or not?

triotip

triotip

i'm a total noob at BASIC if you haven't figured that out yet

triotip

GrabSomeEyes

So. Many. Smiley faces.
Anyway, @Tingle you asked about MML coding, so you might want to take a look here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945 and here, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63484250 (This one has an example or two as well, you can probably edit their coding to make your first song if you just want to test it out). As for your next question, if you read what my current project is, you should understand just how far into BASIC I've made it... (I have no skill whatsoever).
@swordx for some reason I've yet to take a look at your program, will do soon though. Seems to be well-liked so congratulations! Welcome to our... community... as well.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Peidorrento

@swordx I was unable to load your program. It says that there are some files missing.

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.
https://www.facebook.com/nonamefornowsoft

Sherman

Morphtroid wrote:

@Sherman: It's quite linear. But you can use sprites as objects and you can make subroutines too.

As long as I can use a functions per enemy with their respective parameters it'll work for me =D
I see you're all working on your own projects and helpinh eachother, that's awesome. I'll try to learn a little Basic on PC and then buy the game. There's no use in rushing the buying part if I can't do a thing with the programming part XD

Edit: So, in Basic what I know as a function is divided in Subroutine (a function that just execute a piece of code), a Procedure (a function that can accept parameters), and the function (which is the function I know, that can accept parameters and return a value). I hope I can use all this stuff XD

Edited on by Sherman

If you ever wanna speak about videogames...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6394-7559 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherman.exe

GrabSomeEyes

Sherman wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

@Sherman: It's quite linear. But you can use sprites as objects and you can make subroutines too.

As long as I can use a functions per enemy with their respective parameters it'll work for me =D
I see you're all working on your own projects and helpinh eachother, that's awesome. I'll try to learn a little basic on PC and then buy the game. There's no use in rushing the buying part if I can't do a thing with the programming part XD

You can always take advantage of other's work!
Be aware though that some things change when going from QBASIC or really any version of BASIC to SmileBASIC, not much but there are some changes that you'll have to learn.

(This part is related to my ill-fated project I've decided upon): Also, I think I'm going to start off my program making the first two songs that come to mind: Zelda's theme, and Zelda II's main theme. I'd like to expand it eventually to have the overworld themes, labyrinths/palace themes, and then to include other titles like Final Fantasy, Crystalis, or even Faxanadu or something of the sort. Then to break the theme and start doing genres other than RPGs...

Edit: I think you actually beat me to it. I think what you've said basically exists in SmileBASIC, but with different wording/might be a bit simpler/more convoluted.
I don't know. I have very, very basic knowledge of BASIC (no pun intended... actually yes, pun intended, but whatever).
Also, I believe the commands you said are basically what is DATA in SmileBASIC, I might be completely wrong, but it seems to me like that's what SmileBASIC uses for most of it's functions.

GrabSomeEyes

triotip wrote:

@GrabSomeEyes
i didn't ask for MML help
i did ask for help with movement controls using the d-pad

Then who was that...
Edit: It was Tingle.

swordx

koopatroopaX wrote:

swordx, what is your favourite type of game, like rpg, fps.etc. i have some friends that want to make a side scrolling ripoff of the original super mario land. aka super mario land 1. would you be interested in helping or are you sticking with rpg's?

I don't really have a favorite genre, but I'd love to help out. I still don't have sprite movement/collision down, so working on a platformer would help me greatly. And just so you know, you'd be better off working on SML2 instead. SML was great, but SML2 was wayyyyy better. You don't want to shoot for the Empire State Building, you want to shoot for the stars. But I'll do either one, so it doesn't really matter.

@GrabSomeEyes

TY. And I hope you like the game. It will be much different in less than a month, so you might want to play through it before it's too late. Also, I must say that I'm quite surprised people have really enjoyed my game. I thought it would be something that no one would play. Petit Computer is my first venture into programming, so Dungeon Adventure seems to be a huge accomplishment to me.

@Peidorrento

Uhh where you see a blank is actually supposed to be a map-like thing if you have the BG file, but I haven't released that yet. I may need to put a "press start" thing on there, because you're the second person to give me that issue.

And just so everyone knows, I'll have a better avatar once I get back on my PC.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

ramstrong

@GrabSomeEyes
Umm, no. DATA is completely unrelated to Subroutines. Also, there is no local variables/return value either.

I don't know if this is an improvement, but here is my "fixed" Money Display Routine. Warning: It's advanced programming. Well, as advanced as BASIC programming can be.

MONEY DISPLAY

DIM K[6]
S$=" ":M=1000

INPUT "TRILLION,BILLION,MILLION,THOUSAND,DOLLAR,CENT",K[5],K[4],K[3],K[2],K[1],K[0]

P=0:?">";:FOR I=5 TO 1 STEP -1
IF P THEN ?",";RIGHT$(STR$(M+K[I]),3); ELSE IF K[I] THEN ?RIGHT$(S$+"$"+STR$(K[I]),3); ELSE ?S$;
P=P+K[I]:NEXT:?".";RIGHT$(STR$(M+K[0]),2)

It is
1. Extensible (as many K[] as you like!)
2. Includes CENTS
3. Moving dollar sign
4. FITS IN ONE LINE!!!

Good luck integrating it into your program. You may need to split it into two lines as I did some compressing to fit it into one line. You need to check 3 different values, so I suggest to split between P==0 and P!=0.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Regarding Touchscreen keyboard: What can be the problem? Here is my Touch Screen (Rectangle) Keyboard detection routine.

TOUCH SCREEN KEYBOARD
@TOUCH
MX=256:MY=192:'MAXX,MAXY
SX=8:SY=6:'SPANX,SPANY
WX=FLOOR(MX/SX):WY=FLOOR(MY/SY):'WIDTHX,WIDTHY
TX=TCHX:TY=TCHY
FOR I=1 TO TCHST
IF TX<MX AND TY<MY THEN KX=FLOOR(TX/WX):KY=FLOOR(TY/WY)
VSYNC 1:GFILL 0,0,MX,MY,0:GFILL KX*WX,KY*WY,(KX+1)*WX,(KY+1)*WY,8
LOCATE 0,0:?"KX=";KX;" KY=";KY;" "
NEXT
GOTO @TOUCH

You will use the values KX and KY to determine the "keys" of the keyboard.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic