Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Shiver
We're old pals too right?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

boot

Im using a really simple x and y corint style for my game. I can figure out how to do collision detection. like a one block collision and a wall with a door that you can walk trough. so far for the screen I did:if x<0 then x=0.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Pixelrobin

@boot I pretty much do the same thing, but I put that if statement into my main one:

IF BUTTON(0)==1 AND X>0 THEN X=X-1

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

swordx

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@boot I pretty much do the same thing, but I put that if statement into my main one:

I don't do this because screens have different bounds for me.

swordx

Slayer

I'll try to develop the first version of Gladiators. Once I release the first version of alpha, I can relax and focus on Apocalypse Rising.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

randomous wrote:

Lol you know a program is never bug free, so I'll just assume you'll never play it. Unless you want to lower your expectations lol.

I tend to have murderous thought to programmers who release buggy program. Since I like you, I want to keep the sentiment.
Having a program crashed after you spend so much time stocking up items seems like a bad way to go. I don't expect perfection, but crashing or hanging up isn't acceptable. If the game takes money once in long while, OK. Causing the save game to be corrupted after you spend days playing the game? Not OK.

Okay, since you said that I'm gonna take longer to release my games and play-test them myself then fix all the bugs I can...
EDIT: I would add a BWONG here, but I figured I've been overusing that.

Edited on by Slayer

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

randomous wrote:

Lol you know a program is never bug free, so I'll just assume you'll never play it. Unless you want to lower your expectations lol.

I tend to have murderous thought to programmers who release buggy program. Since I like you, I want to keep the sentiment.
Having a program crashed after you spend so much time stocking up items seems like a bad way to go. I don't expect perfection, but crashing or hanging up isn't acceptable. If the game takes money once in long while, OK. Causing the save game to be corrupted after you spend days playing the game? Not OK.

Then I hope you didn't play Dungeon Adventure... gulp

EDIT: Here's a video of the most simple (and important) sidequest in Dungeon Adventure 2!

Thats really cool! Looks like there is gonna be some awesome sidequests!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

GraphicGenius

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

randomous wrote:

Then I hope you didn't play Dungeon Adventure... gulp

EDIT: Here's a video of the most simple (and important) sidequest in Dungeon Adventure 2!

Thats really cool! Looks like there is gonna be some awesome sidequests!

I can't wait until you finish it @swordx !

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

swordx

Thanks for the support. I wasn't sure what everyone would think of this sidequest with its bad AI...

swordx

boot

Bluerobin2 wrote:

thanks. ill post the qrs tomorrow or tuesday

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Shiver

LOL

@TexMurphy
What's your C rant has anything to do with PTC?

@Slayer
Unless your design is clear, you'll probably still have bugs. I keep telling people to throw their first version(draft) away and rebuild. But nobody ever listen to me.

Some people do evolutionary programming, and that's fine. But realize that I won't be playing your game until it's mostly bug free. I actually boycott Ubisoft because even though their games are interesting, I have yet to have a bug free program from them. It's just minor things here and there, but I really don't like to see obvious bugs, even though they're minor. So, there you go.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Shiver

LOL

@TexMurphy

@Slayer
Unless your design is clear, you'll probably still have bugs. I keep telling people to throw their first version(draft) away and rebuild. But nobody ever listen to me.

Some people do evolutionary programming, and that's fine. But realize that I won't be playing your game until it's mostly bug free. I actually boycott Ubisoft because even though their games are interesting, I have yet to have a bug free program from them. It's just minor things here and there, but I really don't like to see obvious bugs, even though they're minor. So, there you go.

Alright. I will definitely have SOME bugs around, and I think the reason nobody listens is because they've come a long way to code the whole game and the last thing they want to do is delete it and start over.
EDIT: And wait a minute, you boycott Ubisoft? But what about Assassin's Creed...oh, whatever.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

InCeption.

Rofl. Anyway. @Morphtorok it would be a great addition to many games, including both of mine. If I had multiplayer in Apocalypse Rising, it would be like a sandbox Left 4 Dead. And multiplayer is fun in Left 4 Dead.

And just to clarify, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a video that's 5 seconds long as much as this.

Slayer

Right, time to focus. I was playing The World Ends With You for a bit and passed the boss I was stuck on and finally got to the next day. Day 6 I think...
So how am I going to handle this enemy AI? Should I look in someone else's game code and see what they did that mostly matches what mine will be?
Do note I ask about this because this is the first enemy AI I've focused on.

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Shiver

LOL

@TexMurphy

@Slayer

PTC has bugs, too! To not play any games with bugs is to not play any games.

swordx

Slayer

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Anyone else excited? I am! The stuff japanese people made in it is cool as well, I even found someone who made the YS I and II title screen, but I can't find the video now.

Comes out July 19th in the US for 800 points.

I'm excited! I'm planning to make a fighting game!
Lol, is TheDreamingHawk still posting? What happened with all the people that were posting at the first page?
EDIT: Except for you, @Morphtorok. I know you posted the second ever comment on this thread...

Edited on by Slayer

noxuss

Does anyome have qr codes for the default chred? Because somehow when I first got ptc I was fooling around and now all the colors are permantly messed up, so I was wondering if someone could post the qr code to the untouched default version.

Alsooo, I need help with any kind of arrays, and making a map/world (like a town or something) because I have no idea at all.

Edited on by noxuss

noxuss

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

PTC has bugs, too! To not play any games with bugs is to not play any games.

Does it? I have yet to notice. There are many games that I enjoy playing that I don't see any bug. Not to say there aren't. But I've never done "walk on water" bug/exploit on ACNL. So, I don't mind at all.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

boot

I made a wiki for my game. after I finish a few levels ill make the qrs and post some pictures

PetitProfessor

Im finiiiiish with my website well time to erase my account

PetitProfessor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic