Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 9,620

Slayer

swordx wrote:

You can't make a C interpreter in a BASIC interpreter that was made using C...

If we can just get into PTC's code and add code to make real time multiplayer possible and release it in the DSi shop as a free update...
Oh sorry getting carried away.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

swordx

slayer wrote:

swordx wrote:

If we can just get into PTC's code and add code to make real time multiplayer possible and release it in the DSi shop as a free update...

That's called hacking. lol

swordx

Slayer

I'll get on Gladiators. Sort of taking a mind vacation. But I still need the enemy AI, they're supposed to... fight you as enemies do in part-top-down fighters...
Anyway, the enemy willl just come at you and attack and keep trying no matter what.

Slayer

swordx wrote:

slayer wrote:

swordx wrote:

That's called hacking. lol

I prefer to call it a revolution, lol.

InsertPi

Ok, so it's an interpreter. The point is that it runs C. And @swordx it is very hard to make a C interpreter in a Basic interpreter that's made in a completely different language, but anything is possible. The programs can be a max of 1000 lines and will be saved in a GRP. Of course, this would be a lot easier if there was a CASE command. Oh well. Btw [off-topic] does anyone know where I can get a good C compiler for Windows 7? [/off-topic]

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

Why would you want multiplayer in petit computer anyway? It's an unnecessary complication for such small games.

It'd be a cool addition to Village!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

boot

What is the best program to make qr codes in?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

boot

my Mario and luigi game is going good. im at line 552. it will use passwords to save.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

InsertPi

boot wrote:

What is the best program to make qr codes in?

PTCUtilities

swordx

IAmAPerson wrote:

Ok, so it's an interpreter. The point is that it runs C. And @swordx it is very hard to make a C interpreter in a Basic interpreter that's made in a completely different language, but anything is possible. The programs can be a max of 1000 lines and will be saved in a GRP. Of course, this would be a lot easier if there was a CASE command. Oh well. Btw [off-topic] does anyone know where I can get a good C compiler for Windows 7? [/off-topic]

PTC was made using C. BASIC has even more limitations. It's impossible to program something more powerful than the original language.

swordx

InsertPi

swordx wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

PTC was made using C. BASIC has even more limitations. It's impossible to program something more powerful than the original language.

Yes. It will have it's limitations; it won't run the full C language, but I will try to make as much stuff work as portobello, but some stuff such as the CASE command, I can use a series of IFs.
EDIT: portobello?!?! STUPID AUTOCORRECT!!! Possible not portobello! D:<

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

InCeption.

Edited on by InsertPi

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

InCeption.

Rofl. Anyway. @Morphtorok it would be a great addition to many games, including both of mine. If I had multiplayer in Apocalypse Rising, it would be like a sandbox Left 4 Dead. And multiplayer is fun in Left 4 Dead.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Gah, I forgot to add something I forgot to add. I need to make sure that there isn't a huge alpha glitch when I release Gladiators. What I don't want is ALL sprites moving when you press on the D-pad.
Actually now that I think about it, that would be hilarious.
EDIT: I don't need help with this, I know what to do.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Aah, it's 51 lines of code that are hard to navigate. Anyway, what are the set numbers for the red-haired sprite? I'm using that for warrior, but I'm using the blue one for ranger and a wizard as the mage.

swordx

slayer wrote:

Aah, it's 51 lines of code that are hard to navigate. Anyway, what are the set numbers for the red-haired sprite? I'm using that for warrior, but I'm using the blue one for ranger and a wizard as the mage.

Red color=2

lol 51 lines. Imagine sorting through over 5000...Or more if you're DiscoStew...

swordx

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

Untrue. Assembly language is pretty limited, capabilities/feature wise. However, it does grant access to everything the machine has. Everything language goes down to machine language, eventually. Assuming BASIC has PEEK,POKE then anything is possible.

At one time, I was doing BASIC interpreter in BASIC. I didn't finish because I ran into memory trouble, and didn't solve the problem until years down the road where the BASIC I'm using became obsolete. But it is very much possible to program things with a rudimentary set of tools.

I have designs where PTC does recursion and OO methodology. A preprocessor compiler would have been perfectly doable had PTC has a way to write source code.

slayer wrote:

Aah, it's 51 lines of code that are hard to navigate.

Must be the infamous spaghetti code.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

swordx wrote:

Untrue. Assembly language is pretty limited, capabilities/feature wise. However, it does grant access to everything the machine has. Everything language goes down to machine language, eventually. Assuming BASIC has PEEK,POKE then anything is possible.

At one time, I was doing BASIC interpreter in BASIC. I didn't finish because I ran into memory trouble, and didn't solve the problem until years down the road where the BASIC I'm using became obsolete. But it is very much possible to program things with a rudimentary set of tools.

I have designs where PTC does recursion and OO methodology. A preprocessor compiler would have been perfectly doable had PTC has a way to write source code.

slayer wrote:

Aah, it's 51 lines of code that are hard to navigate.

Must be the infamous spaghetti code.

Maybe... I never identified it...

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic