Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 9,620

Slayer

I also might bring my PIC game into the Other Gaming forum. I'll make a thread for it.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

boot

Hey guys I just broke my ds... but im getting a 3ds sometime soon. sorry if this is off topic but should I get Mario and luigi dream team or kid icaurus uprising?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

TobuKatsu

boot wrote:

Hey guys I just broke my ds... but im getting a 3ds sometime soon. sorry if this is off topic but should I get Mario and luigi dream team or kid icaurus uprising?

I think its quite Obvious, you should get TLoZ:OOT 3D

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

boot

TobuKatsu wrote:

boot wrote:

I think its quite Obvious, you should get TLoZ:OOT 3D

I actually already have it. my dad has a 3ds and I play it sometimes. I could play it on mine anyway.

InsertPi

boot wrote:

Ok, ok. I promised no more off-topic for me, but get Dream Team.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

steriaca

slayer wrote:

Also I scanned Village with 88 QRs. This was worth my time. It's more fun than most of the official games I've played!
Problem. 1. I'm broke and 2. I'M BROKE! How do I earn money at the start of village?
I have no fishing rod or net...

Have you tried picking fruit and selling it to the shop? There are enougth trees around to keep you in cash for a while.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Hairmanban19

I'm taking a little break from making The Land of Verge because i just got Steamworld Dig:A Fistful of Dirt from the eshop yesterday!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

boot

IAmAPerson wrote:

boot wrote:

I'm going too now

GraphicGenius

TexMurphy wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz
The format for COLREAD is COLREAD("color bank name", color number),R,G,B You can only read from this command and not write to it. I have not used this command so I don't know why someone would use it. GSPOIT(x,y) gets a color number at a given point. Note: the R, G, B are variables. After the COLREAD, you would say RED=R. I don't think R is a string.
@Programmerpro
Look at my QUADMAP on the qr code. You use SPCHR to change the sprite number to the number facing the direction you want. It is a bit tricky to have animation at the same time. Someone helped me out with setting a flag to mark if the sprite had changed direction or not. I created a separate function/subroutine for the first time a person changes direction.

Can you give me a link for that?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

damolii

IAmAPerson wrote:

boot wrote:

How dare you break your oath???!!! XD

@Gimmemorecoinz I've looked at your tile-based collision deeply, and I wonder. Will it work for background scrolling???

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Gimmemorecoinz

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

boot wrote:

How dare you break your oath???!!! XD

@Gimmemorecoinz I've looked at your tile-based collision deeply, and I wonder. Will it work for background scrolling???

Yes as long as you don't use BGOFS
What you have to do is redraw the WHOLE map using BGPUT each time the map scrolls.
Like this
Map_Scrollx=1
Map_Scrolly=10

For x=0+Map_scrollx to screen_size+map_scrollx
for y=0+map_scrolly to screen_size+map_scrolly
tilenum=tilemap(x, y)
bgput 0, x, y, 0, tilenum, 0, 0, 0 'I think that's right it might not be. I haven't memorized bgput properly yet
next x
next y

What this will do is it will make it so that if your scrollx or scrolly values get changed, it will redraw the map using the tiledata with the offsets.
This won't scroll the map smoothly though, just be warned.
Otherwise, you could use bgofs to scroll the map smoothly and combine the two. It would in theory work as long as your BGOFS matched the mapscrollx and mapscrolly values EXACTLY. Unfortunately.. you'd have to avoid increasing the mapscrollx and mapscrolly values until BGOFS scrolled a full tile in one direction. Another unfortunate thing is that BGOFS only scrolls the background layer VISUALLY. It doesn't actually change it.
So tiledata wouldn't match the scrolled background layer graphically.
So here my method instead of writing the whole map to the bglayer, I'm redrawing the whole map on the same SECTION of the bglayer to give the illusion it has scrolled (in a way it has)
You could probably come up with a clever way of checking to see if a full 8 pixels of scrolling has happened in any one direction UP DOWN LEFT OR RIGHT and then use the mapscrollx and mapscrolly to redraw it
What this will do is give the illusion of smooth scrolling, when really what your doing is
Step 1:
Scroll bglayer up 8 whole pixels (one tile)
stop scrolling.
Subtract a single value from the mapscrolly value (DO NOT use mapscrolly with BGOFS as this will just offset everything further)
call your draw routine now to redraw the bg layer with the new map scrollx and scrolly values (If you don't do this then your collision will be offset by whatever BGOFS did)
the redrawing of tiles may not be visible to the player as long as you redraw the same tiles onto the bg layer that appear without scrolling.
One issue:
BGOFS is permanent so if you set BGOFS and then change the scrolled values.
Your drawing onto a scrolled background layer still. It's difficult to work around.
If you want scrolling like that you might want to look into how village does this.
I'm doing my scrolling in this fashion because I dont mind the non smooth 8 pixel scrolling (But I might not use this for LTTP)
and I want large areas. VERY large areas.
Areas that are made of up 2000 tiles by 2000 tiles (I know i'm crazy!)

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

PetitProfessor

I thinh im gonna erase my nintendo life account does anyone know if I should do it?

PetitProfessor

twinArmageddons

PetitProfessor wrote:

I thinh im gonna erase my nintendo life account does anyone know if I should do it?

still waiting for call of duty qr codes so no

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Eel

You can't. All you can do is ask a mod to ban you.

Today's project update!
Decorative furniture finally works! It was cumbersome because all in the screen (except for the character) are background tiles so I had to make it so they don't conflict with other items that use the layer 0 and they also need to be displayed without affecting the ground under them, but still be recognized as part of the map. Huh.

... I Also filled out the items sprite sheet for a total of 64 items you can obtain... Except for the bug net which is totally useless because I didn't add bugs after all. Anyone know a good replacement tool?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Slayer

boot wrote:

If you have to choose between the two then I've heard better things about Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Pixelrobin

@morphtorok how bout a portable magic mirror?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

Well, I guess I'm learning C. Anyway I'll work on my project for a little while, and see what issues I have to fix. Wait, oh yeah, I put this and when I press A the game doesn't run-
B=BTRIG()
I edited it to BTRIG.
Then-
IF B AND 16 THEN GOTO @STARTGAME
It doesn't even give me an error.

iprice

Should it not be -

IF B==16 THEN GOTO...

I code, therefore I am.

Slayer

iprice wrote:

Should it not be -

IF B==16 THEN GOTO...

Oh yeah. that's right... Anyway, I'll put that in. I'm struggling learning C and coding Ghost Scrolls, by the way.
EDIT: Just saying. If anyone has some sort of website that helps.

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic