Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 9,620

swordx

slayer wrote:

Can I save SCR files and load them into the program? I'm not good at GRP backgrounds and I have no other choice.

I do it in both Dungeon Adventure games, so yes.

swordx

Slayer

Awesome. Anyway if anyone wants me to make a big or small mod to their game then let me know. I made the Lone Survivor mod for the pre-made dungeon game, it doesn't count as my first game because it's just got some text changes. It can be done OR in development. In the Lone Survivor made it's basically changed so the swords are M16s and AK-47s, default fists are an M1911, and the MSMC is the club. I need to change the herb to the first-aid kit, but I can't find the code...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

@Hairmanban19 The mushroom sprites are very nice! Thank you!

Glad you like them! I was gonna add a glowing mushroom but when i tried saved the files it exited the program.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

TobuKatsu

hoohooco wrote:

TobuKatsu wrote:

hoohooco wrote:

please someone tell me how to properly make a sprite appear and move with the dpad. i tried something on a different tutorial and it just shows up as an open treasure chest.
P.S. i am going to work on a game where you just float around a haunted mansion. kindof like abyss for 3ds eshop.
P.P.S. i would also like to know how to make programs into QR codes so i can post my finished game (probably will be called hoverer) on this thread

ACLS
X=0:Y=0
SPSET 1,64,2,0,0,0

@SPRITE
CLS
B=BUTTON():B2=BUTTON(2)
SPOFS 1,X,Y,0
IF !B AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0

IF B2 AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
F B2 AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0

IF B AND 1 THEN GOSUB @UP
IF B AND 2 THEN GOSUB @DOWN
IF B AND 4 THEN GOSUB @LEFT
IF B AND 8 THEN GOSUB @RIGHT

VSYNC 1
GOTO @SPRITE

@UP
CLS
Y=Y-2
SPCHR 1,76,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@DOWN
CLS
Y=Y+2
SPCHR 1,68,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@LEFT
CLS
X=X-2
SPCHR 1,72,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@RIGHT
CLS
X=X+2
SPCHR 1,64,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

you forgot to load the sprite

There are default sprite, ya'know.

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

Gimmemorecoinz

IAmAPerson wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Is some one doing a super smash bros game?

I think @Gimmemorecoinz is working on it. I know for sure that he was, just not sure if he still is.

yes @PetitProffesor and all of you out there who are wondering. I am..
I'm still working on it. Infact, I finally got the custom high lighting in notepad++ to display properly( after fighting with it and getting fed up earlier)
turns out there's a bug in notepad++ where when you import it doesn't work right away.. I had to restart my computer for god only knows why insert profanities here

SO yeah ^^;
Petit Smash bros V1.2 is still on it's way but there may be some delays. I posted about it in my BLOG on the petit computer wiki page for petit smash bros.
You can check it out. Petit smash bros is on the front page but to get to my blog you'll have to check the blog section of the petit smash bros wiki entry.

Phew that was a mouthful! ^^; It's been a long two or three days and some un expected things have been happening to me. (And my computer)
I lost a desktop hard drive (imminent failure) but it's OKAY! because I always keep backups of all my work. and the data on that HD is still accesible plus it helps that I continually scanned my LATEST work onto my 3DS. Everything transfers back. I might have to re download some sprite sheets. But that's not too hard to do.

I've made a lot of progress but there are some areas of petit smash bros that still need work. I am trying to get the update out as fast as I can but it's been pretty slow. >.< To give you guys an idea... I wrote a total of four lines of code today for Petit Smash bros. That'sok because tonight I'm doing a major update if I can. And link is pretty well added to petit smash bros along with the other two characters! The only thing missing is their graphics. I want to code a generic character handling subroutine. Which will help things along fast and mean I can modify the values of several characters at once. It may mean multiple NPCS can be on screen and in my codebase I actually have support for multiple npcs (sort of) if you take a look at my second latest blog because I posted the code for petit smash bros current codebase in there for you all to see!

The new menu for petit smash bros is completed though and I rather like it. that's about it for now.
if any of you have any questions you can get a hold of me by posting on here but a better method would be to comment on the project page on the petit computer wiki petit smash bros project comments box or in the discussion I created for it.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Using data statements to store tile information and then loading into array and then using BG put to display it?
has anyone got experience with this, or any ideas on how well this translates. I dont mind that the minimum scrolling distance is 8 pixels in all directions.
As long as I can scroll the map using BGPUT
what is the largest amount of map data petit computer will allow me to have
I could do..
For X=1 to mapsize
For y=1 to mapsize
read tilenum
mapdata(x, y)=tilenum
next y
next x

But what I'm wondering is right now does anyone have any ideas on what the limitations for storing tiles in this format are?
And I want to do it this way that way other people can more easily modify the levels. I plan to handle collision in a different way.
I plan to have two maps basically. heh. A collision map, and a regular map.
Solid tiles will be placed where there is solid ground and unfortunately this version of petit smash bros will not have any kind of sliding or sloped collision detection (as of yet? ) Heh. Seems like I might be working on this game all year now o.0

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

iprice

I use data statements to hold tile data and display with GBPUT in my "Petit Push" game. The game doesn't scroll the background, but it does use the data to display the game screen.

You'd better grab it quick, as my next version, due soon, uses compressed data that saves a minimum of 50% data and stores it as text arrays. Saves a lot of fiddling and data entry for me. The current version will be available for a couple of days, but after that...

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

Gimmemorecoinz

TexMurphy wrote:

Cprogramming gets fun when you get into binary trees, hash tables, pointers, and queues/stacks (LIFO,FIFO). I wish PTC basic could pass arrays. I learned not to use global variables and now PTC has ruined me. lol.
@Gimmemorecoinz Check out my Quadmap on the qr code forum. I use data statements to scroll four maps.

Cool thanks. Oh.
I'm stuck on something else.
I can't seem to use the same data I aquired from COLREAD inside of COLSET
I have this
dim linkcols(15, 2)

for t=0 to 15
colread("SP", T, linkcols(T, 0), linkcols(T, 1), linkcols(T, 2) )
or something
anyways..
when I try to use that same data inside colset it doens't work
You see I'm trying to move a block of sixteen colours down one in a pallete
but I have to save it first because the pallete I load gets replaced.
COL0 gets replaced after this with a different file
Then I need to write those colours back into COL0 from 16 and up to 32
:/
But COLSET wants a STRING type for the colour.
So I convert it like this
COLSET "SP", T, Str$(linkcols(T, 0))+str$(linkcols(T, 1))+str$(linkcols(T, 2))
and yeah I typed it out validly.
that didn't work
so I tried this
linkcolour$=str$(linkcols(T, 0))+str$(linkcols(T, 1))+str$(linkcols(t, 2))
COLSET "SP", T, linkcolour$
that didn't work either.
Is it just me. or does COLREAD not return the same value type as HEX?

swordx

@Slayer Dungeon Adventure is like Game2 because I starte off with Fame2's engine. I tried to edit it enough that I could call it my own game.

swordx

GraphicGenius

How can you get sprites to turn around when they start moving in a different direction? I know how to get them to move I just want to get them to turn around.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TexMurphy

@Gimmemorecoinz
The format for COLREAD is COLREAD("color bank name", color number),R,G,B You can only read from this command and not write to it. I have not used this command so I don't know why someone would use it. GSPOIT(x,y) gets a color number at a given point. Note: the R, G, B are variables. After the COLREAD, you would say RED=R. I don't think R is a string.
@Programmerpro
Look at my QUADMAP on the qr code. You use SPCHR to change the sprite number to the number facing the direction you want. It is a bit tricky to have animation at the same time. Someone helped me out with setting a flag to mark if the sprite had changed direction or not. I created a separate function/subroutine for the first time a person changes direction.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Gimmemorecoinz

TexMurphy wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz
The format for COLREAD is COLREAD("color bank name", color number),R,G,B You can only read from this command and not write to it. I have not used this command so I don't know why someone would use it. GSPOIT(x,y) gets a color number at a given point. Note: the R, G, B are variables. After the COLREAD, you would say RED=R. I don't think R is a string.

I guess I failed to mention that COLSET wants a string as one of it's parameters and you guessed it. IT's the color parameter!
>.< Why would COLREAD return variables if COLSET requires a string.
So I do this
Linkcols$(t, 0)=str$(R)
linkcols$(t, 1)=str$(G)
linkcols$(t, 2)=str$(B)
and then I try to use colset somewhere else in another loop
BTW I went like this
dim linkcols$(16, 2) 'sixteen full colours for this sprite to copy
for t=0 to 16
COLREAD("SP", T, R, G, B)
Linkcols$(t, 0)=str$(R)
linkcols$(t, 1)=str$(G)
linkcols$(t, 2)=str$(B)
next t

and later
for t=0 to 15
colset "SP", t, linkcols$(T, 0)+linkcos$(T, 1)+linkcols$(t, 2)
next t
I got an out of range error. I increased the size of linkcols second dimension. Didn't work
I put quotation marks around it. It crashed the whole software.
Urgh. So... next solution was to try this
mycolor$="555555"
and replace my colset command with this in the second for loop just to see if it even lets me use strings
colset "SP", t, mycolor$
and guess what? it did yup.
okay so.. the issue wasn't that. -.-" then I tried again
like four different ways

for t=0 to 15
colour$=""
colour$=linkcols$(T, 0)
colour$=colour$+linkcols$(t, 1)
colour$=colour$+linkcols$(t, 2)
colset "SP", t, colour$
next t
still issues?
so I went back to this
but with one change
dim linkcolours$(16)
for t=0 to 15
linkcolours$(T)=linkcols$(T, 0)+linkcols$(t, 1)+linkcols$(t, 2)
colset "SP", t, linkcolours$(t)
next t

TexMurphy

First you spelled color wrong. just kidding. COLREAD RGB returns integers. The string that COLSET wants is in hexidecimal. You would have to convert them to hex and somehow bring them together. And then store it as a string.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Slayer

Who likes this image, and who wants me to change it back? I just wondered why my desktop was Sonic with a sword in normal form and why my Nintendo Life image was normal Sonic, and this fits my NL name and it just looks really cool. Sorry for the off-topic post, I just need some opinions.

TexMurphy

@Gimmemorecoinz
Here is the solution, spoiler alert! You have to add a zero if the color hex number is a single digit.
Untitled
EDIT: Updated to include @Discostew 's improvement on HEX$
@slayer Your avatar looks powerful. At first I thought we had a new member.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Slayer

TexMurphy wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz
Here is the solution, spoiler alert! You have to add a zero if the color hex number is a single digit.
Untitled
@slayer Your avatar looks powerful. At first I thought we had a new member.

Lol, I feel like a new member.

Discostew

@Gimmemorecoinz

To convert the 3 color channels into a hexidecimal string for use with COLSET, you need to do this

MYCOL$=HEX$(R,2)+HEX$(G,2)+HEX$(B,2)
COLSET "name", index, MYCOL$

The "2" in each HEX$ function forces the output to be 2 characters long, which is what you need for this because any value under 16 would return 1 character instead of 2.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

So how do I save SCR files? I have to use them for my games.

Discostew

slayer wrote:

With SCRED, you press X, then press A. That will lead you to the main command prompt.
With PTCUtilities, the editor has save buttons right next to the layers.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

slayer wrote:

With SCRED, you press X, then press A. That will lead you to the main command prompt.
With PTCUtilities, the editor has save buttons right next to the layers.

Thanks. I might not be working on my games much, because I'm planning on making an RPG series for the PIC controller that I have. Ghost Scrolls I: Rise to be exact. I'm not trying to copy Elder Scrolls either, as Ghost Scrolls was my only name that sounded cool and ancient and fit what I was doing. I'm writing it in Basic, or I might just learn C or C++ and just write it in that. But should I use Notepad? That's what I'm equipped with. I need sprites in it. Can I use sprites with games I write in Notepad? I know I'm gonna use a Micro SD and transfer the file into that, put it into the PIC, and possibly run the game.

This is the only game I've started to develop that isn't with PTC. I don't know if I'm equipped...
EDIT: It will have exploration when you don't have quests. Similar to the Zelda games.

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic