Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 9,620

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

lol I think I'm the only one to beat both MM2 demos. Everyone on GameFAQs seems to be saying it's impossible. I feel special.

I just can't get past that part on level one where you have to jump over all of those towers of spikes!

That was the hardest part of the demo. The end of level one is directly after it.

Yeah,i figured it was close to the end because i was able to get far enough to see that it says "You made it"... On demo 2 i got to an area that has what i think are floating words but i can't make out what its supposed to be,and it doesn't let me leave that area.

Getting past the "it" SUCKED! The rest was easy, but tha "it"...

swordx

Discostew

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

lol I think I'm the only one to beat both MM2 demos. Everyone on GameFAQs seems to be saying it's impossible. I feel special.

I just can't get past that part on level one where you have to jump over all of those towers of spikes!

That was the hardest part of the demo. The end of level one is directly after it.

Yeah,i figured it was close to the end because i was able to get far enough to see that it says "You made it"... On demo 2 i got to an area that has what i think are floating words but i can't make out what its supposed to be,and it doesn't let me leave that area.

That would be "GJ!", or "Good Job!"

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hairmanban19

@Swordx alright,i posted the mushroom sprites on the QR code sharing forum!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Eel

The project update will be a little earlier today!

The shop and currency systems are now functional! The shop stock will be chosen at random from a pool of preset options because there's not enough space for all the items.

Now all I have let to do is finish making the items (I still have space for several more decorations but I can't think of any!) and making the saving/loading part... Which will be a pain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PetitProfessor

Is some one doing a super smash bros game?

PetitProfessor

InsertPi

PetitProfessor wrote:

Is some one doing a super smash bros game?

I think @Gimmemorecoinz is working on it. I know for sure that he was, just not sure if he still is.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

hoohooco wrote:

you forgot to load the sprite

You're kidding me. Somebody answered your question with a very thoughtful response, and that's all you can say? Not even a simple thanks? Is this how you roll IRL?

He didn't forget. The code does not need it. It uses internal default sprites. Look through the Tutorial thread for details. Your question has been answered many times over, in so many different ways.

EDIT:
And don't quote the whole big posts just to say a line! Trim your quotes to just relevant section.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

Taking a break from Minecraft DS for now because I'm learning C.
Wow...
C is pretty hard. I won't go into how complex a Hello World program is, but if you'd like to know, add me to your friend list on 3DS and swapnote me.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

Wow...
C is pretty hard. I won't go into how complex a Hello World program is, but if you'd like to know, add me to your friend list on 3DS and swapnote me.

No it isn't.
main() { printf("Hello Worldn"); }

Windows is complex, but just about anything else is easy in comparison. What platform are you using? I learned C in 40 hours, BTW. Like BASIC, C is functional language, so it's easy to migrate there. Python, OTOH, is object oriented, and I'm confused by all the different data types. What? You mean you need more than an array of numbers to do your programming?

EDIT:
I suggest trying processing.org to ease into it.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

InsertPi

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Wow...

No it isn't.

Windows is complex, but just about anything else is easy in comparison. What platform are you using? I learned C in 40 hours, BTW. Like BASIC, C is functional language, so it's easy to migrate there. Python, OTOH, is object oriented, and I'm confused by all the different data types. What? You mean you need more than an array of numbers to do your programming?

EDIT:

That's the bare minimum for printing "hi". I learned the "full" way:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("Hi");
return 0;
}

A lot different than

PRINT "Hi"

Edited on by InsertPi

damolii

IAmAPerson wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Wow...

No it isn't.

EDIT:

That's the bare minimum for printing "hi". I learned the "full" way:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("Hi");
return 0;
}

A lot different than

PRINT "Hi"

I've delved into C++ for like 30 min, and I got the basic concept.. Java on the other hand...

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

PRINT "Hi"

Ha. Then wait until you get into Windows event-oriented programming. You'll have real fun for sure. BTW, your code isn't "full". It lacks function prototype, and *argc, and also *argv[]

I still think that Petit Computer represents the best learning platform anywhere. Nintendo DSi + 3DS are in millions. Cheap, portable, fun. VC games exists to act as templates. BASIC is simple and easy to learn, unlike Python or any high-falutin computer programming language out there. The fact that Petit Computer BASIC is so primitive, means that your computer programming must include implementation consideration or you'll peter out in the middle. Excepting those who are brain-damaged, that's actually a good thing. Once you learn to include implementation consideration in your program design, you won't ever go back. It's extremely helpful.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

InsertPi

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

PRINT "Hi"

Ha. Then wait until you get into Windows event-oriented programming. You'll have real fun for sure. BTW, your code isn't "full". It lacks function prototype, and *argc, and also *argv[]

I still think that Petit Computer represents the best learning platform anywhere. Nintendo DSi + 3DS are in millions. Cheap, portable, fun. VC games exists to act as templates. BASIC is simple and easy to learn, unlike Python or any high-falutin computer programming language out there. The fact that Petit Computer BASIC is so primitive, means that your computer programming must include implementation consideration or you'll peter out in the middle. Excepting those who are brain-damaged, that's actually a good thing. Once you learn to include implementation consideration in your program design, you won't ever go back. It's extremely helpful.

Ok. I promise that this is my last off-topic post. What is a "full" hello world program in C?

Edited on by InsertPi

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

Ok. I promise that this is my last off-topic post. What is a "full" hello world program in C?

Never promise something you can't keep.

I'll leave out function prototype because you'll learn it eventually. The main() in C actually takes 2 arguments: an array of strings, and a number denoting the number of strings in the array. String array 0 is the program's name. Unfortunately, there are different permutation of implementation, and it changed as time went on. But one way to do it would be this:

int main(int *argc, char *argv[])

where argc is integer, and argv is array of string. Or sometimes double-asterisk-argv.

Most people love to take shortcuts, but I'm in the opinion that if you're learning something, you should learn it fully, and not take short-cuts. C is not a big language. About the only problem with C is that there is no standard for multi-media output. Things like Graphic, sound, joysticks, and stuff like that are "implementation defined." So, the choice of platform is very important if you want to make computer games.

Link to "full" hello world program. Check out the code for processing arguments!
http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/cpp/threads/10434...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Discostew

I may be an odd-ball person, but I love pointers.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Discostew wrote:

I may be an odd-ball person, but I love pointers.

You certainly are!
Actually, most software engineers love pointers. I tend to avoid them because I don't want to dereference my code every time I read it. And what is Object-oriented code but pointers to other objects? Multi-level at that! Very confusing.

I have been very successful designing my programs using Table Oriented Programming Style. As in "Show me your code and hide your tables, and I'll continue to be mystified. Show me your tables, and I don't need your code. It'll be obvious!"

Then again, pointers are simply references. Any kind of references, including array index, ON-GOTO var, GOTO var*delta, can be considered pointers.

Petit Computer Journal

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

Wow...

Tell me about it. I tried C++ and the compiler was annoying. Then I tried Javascript and I just couldn't do it. Too hard.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

Okay, what I'm going to do is in Gladiators, for a version or two of Alpha, then the only class available would be Warrior. I will develop the other two classes (Ranger and Mage) and maybe add more (like an Assassin or something). Anyway AI might be difficult mainly because I've never done it before.
But I've got everyone here to help me. This is why I joined this forum inexperienced and here I am, a bit more experienced. I gain knowledge and learn slowly and someday I'll achieve great things. At times you realize how basic this language is and you look at Javascript and give up due to difficulty.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Can I save SCR files and load them into the program? I'm not good at GRP backgrounds and I have no other choice.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic