Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 9,620

Eel

Project update for today...

I'm finally implementing a currency system in the game, every item in the game is worth something in three categories: red resources, green resources and blue resources. For example, "transforming" an axe into resources(selling it) gives you 250 green, and to "make"(buy) it you need to spend 500 green. The watering can needs 250 red and 250 green and so on.

Since I now have "forest/green" and "island/blue" graphical styles I decided to add a "red" one to even things out. It's the volcano!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

I'm finally implementing a currency system in the game, every item in the game is worth something in three categories: red resources, green resources and blue resources. For example, "transforming" an axe into resources(selling it) gives you 250 green, and to "make"(buy) it you need to spend 500 green. The watering can needs 250 red and 250 green and so on.

Since I now have "forest/green" and "island/blue" graphical styles I decided to add a "red" one to even things out. It's the volcano!

I assure you that I will definitely get this game. Nice work!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Discostew

Been making changes to the game based on the critiques everyone has been giving (but won't be accessible until the next demo, whenever that is)

Spikes should not cause instant death when you are temporarily invulnerable after getting hit by an enemy.
Matasaburos (the air guys) cannot blow you off ladders.

I do need everyone's input about the Battons. Currently, they will fly upwards for a little and then stop, possibly ending in mid-air. I understand that they should stop flying upward when they collide with an impassable area, but with the example in level 3, there is no such barriers except on the far sides when you initially make the climb upward. Creating tree leave tiles that were impassable for getting them to work properly would result in Megaman being able to stand on these if he were to fall from above, which is definitely not what I had in mind.

So, I was thinking of this. They'll stop when they hit an impassible area, but if they don't collide with such barriers in a certain amount of time, they'll stop automatically, even if it is in mid air. Or, for that latter part, if they don't collide with anything after a period of time, they could just go right back into follow mode. No stopping. What do you all think?

edit: I told myself I wouldn't be working on this until after vacation (I haven't start that vacation yet), but I guess I couldn't help myself....

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hairmanban19

Morphtorok wrote:

I really can't wait for this! It looks so awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx i just made you a bunch of mushroom sprites! I'll try to post them tomorrow.

Ooooo thank you!!!

I also added a couple flower-type sprites to it! I assure you that i'll LOVE DA2!!! And i hope that you'll like the full game of The Land of Verge,i'm really trying to give you lots of things to do in each area!

Edited on by Hairmanban19

Hairmanban19

Discostew wrote:

Been making changes to the game based on the critiques everyone has been giving (but won't be accessible until the next demo, whenever that is)

Spikes should not cause instant death when you are temporarily invulnerable after getting hit by an enemy.
Matasaburos (the air guys) cannot blow you off ladders.

I do need everyone's input about the Battons. Currently, they will fly upwards for a little and then stop, possibly ending in mid-air. I understand that they should stop flying upward when they collide with an impassable area, but with the example in level 3, there is no such barriers except on the far sides when you initially make the climb upward. Creating tree leave tiles that were impassable for getting them to work properly would result in Megaman being able to stand on these if he were to fall from above, which is definitely not what I had in mind.

So, I was thinking of this. They'll stop when they hit an impassible area, but if they don't collide with such barriers in a certain amount of time, they'll stop automatically, even if it is in mid air. Or, for that latter part, if they don't collide with anything after a period of time, they could just go right back into follow mode. No stopping. What do you all think?

edit: I told myself I wouldn't be working on this until after vacation (I haven't start that vacation yet), but I guess I couldn't help myself....

Maybe you should make the battons stop right at the top of the area you are in if it doesn't hit anything else. That would fix the problem with area 3.

Hairmanban19

@Swordx any suggestions on certain plant sprites for me to make for DA2? Also,do you have swapnote on 3DS,if you do,we should discuss PTC stuff on that.

hoohooco

please someone tell me how to properly make a sprite appear and move with the dpad. i tried something on a different tutorial and it just shows up as an open treasure chest.
P.S. i am going to work on a game where you just float around a haunted mansion. kindof like abyss for 3ds eshop.
P.P.S. i would also like to know how to make programs into QR codes so i can post my finished game (probably will be called hoverer) on this thread

hoohooco

TobuKatsu

hoohooco wrote:

please someone tell me how to properly make a sprite appear and move with the dpad. i tried something on a different tutorial and it just shows up as an open treasure chest.
P.S. i am going to work on a game where you just float around a haunted mansion. kindof like abyss for 3ds eshop.
P.P.S. i would also like to know how to make programs into QR codes so i can post my finished game (probably will be called hoverer) on this thread

ACLS
X=0:Y=0
SPSET 1,64,2,0,0,0

@SPRITE
CLS
B=BUTTON():B2=BUTTON(2)
SPOFS 1,X,Y,0
IF !B AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0

IF B2 AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
F B2 AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0

IF B AND 1 THEN GOSUB @UP
IF B AND 2 THEN GOSUB @DOWN
IF B AND 4 THEN GOSUB @LEFT
IF B AND 8 THEN GOSUB @RIGHT

VSYNC 1
GOTO @SPRITE

@UP
CLS
Y=Y-2
SPCHR 1,76,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@DOWN
CLS
Y=Y+2
SPCHR 1,68,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@LEFT
CLS
X=X-2
SPCHR 1,72,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@RIGHT
CLS
X=X+2
SPCHR 1,64,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

hoohooco

TobuKatsu wrote:

hoohooco wrote:

ACLS
X=0:Y=0
SPSET 1,64,2,0,0,0

@SPRITE
CLS
B=BUTTON():B2=BUTTON(2)
SPOFS 1,X,Y,0
IF !B AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0
IF !B AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,1,1,0

IF B2 AND 1 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 2 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
IF B2 AND 4 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0
F B2 AND 8 THEN SPANIM 1,4,10,0

IF B AND 1 THEN GOSUB @UP
IF B AND 2 THEN GOSUB @DOWN
IF B AND 4 THEN GOSUB @LEFT
IF B AND 8 THEN GOSUB @RIGHT

VSYNC 1
GOTO @SPRITE

@UP
CLS
Y=Y-2
SPCHR 1,76,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@DOWN
CLS
Y=Y+2
SPCHR 1,68,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@LEFT
CLS
X=X-2
SPCHR 1,72,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

@RIGHT
CLS
X=X+2
SPCHR 1,64,2,0,0,0
VSYNC 1
RETURN

you forgot to load the sprite

hoohooco

GraphicGenius

I'm currently making a peg solitare game since I'm having trouble trying to make bigger games...
It will include 2 or 3 more games that you might know. If I,m able to I will post qr codes. Just so you guys know I will probably get this done in October or September.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Slayer

So this is me playing MM2
Oh I'm doing okay, I got pretty far without taking much damage. gets killed by spikes Why haven't I played Megaman in a long time?

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

Eh, I might add a thing or two to Gladiators now.

Slayer

Gah, the button isn't being very easy. Early in my code i put this-
B=BUTTON()
So later I could type this-
IF B AND 16 THEN GOTO @STARTGAME
It displays this on the menu-
GLADIATORS
ALPHA 1.0
PRESS A!

But then when I run it and press A nothing happens.
I might not have enough input for it to run a game test, but I got a sprite working the correct way and still it doesn't do anything.
What's wrong here?

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Warrior Cats-Coming soon from your not-very-local kind of inexperienced game developer!
I'm not developing it right now- just after I have Apocalypse Rising and Gladiators out, I won't update those two very often and make a Warrior Cats game I have dreamed about ever since I read that book series.
EDIT: Or it could be a mod for Village. I kind of want it to be a standalone game, but it might be quicker with the Village engine... maybe...
I might have a team working on this when I have Apocalypse Rising and Gladiators in at least 1.0 or 1.1 or maybe even 1.2

Edited on by Slayer

swordx

lol I think I'm the only one to beat both MM2 demos. Everyone on GameFAQs seems to be saying it's impossible. I feel special.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

lol I think I'm the only one to beat both MM2 demos. Everyone on GameFAQs seems to be saying it's impossible. I feel special.

I just can't get past that part on level one where you have to jump over all of those towers of spikes!

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I just can't get past that part on level one where you have to jump over all of those towers of spikes!

That was the hardest part of the demo. The end of level one is directly after it.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

That was the hardest part of the demo. The end of level one is directly after it.

Yeah,i figured it was close to the end because i was able to get far enough to see that it says "You made it"... On demo 2 i got to an area that has what i think are floating words but i can't make out what its supposed to be,and it doesn't let me leave that area.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic