Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 9,620

SmokedSausage

Sorry link above is Petit Fantasy screenshots I got the movement down(finally) and now I'm working on animations

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Slayer

I always never understood bats. Not when I play Megaman 4 on Wii or Megaman 10 on Xbox 360. I will scan Megaman 2 I guess... Before I thought there were too many QRs but now everyone's playing it so I have to.
So I have sprites figured out(finally!) now Gladiators will be less of a challenge with sprites out of the way. Backgrounds, backgrounds... Do they have to be GRP? I'm bad at GRP...

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

PetitProfessor wrote:

Does anyone know crismartin

cmart on Gamefaqs. Pretty much. I gave him Final Fantasy battle backgrounds

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

randomous wrote:

@Morhptorok Pft, loading screens. I only have one incredibly long one, so mine is obviously better (sarcasm).

Hey, have you played Village lately? What do you think about fish/bug rarity? Everybody keeps saying that it's too easy to fill the journal, but it's too hard to catch certain fish/bugs.... it's contradictory, and I'm confused lol. What do you think about it?

@randomous
even though you didn't ask me
Couldn't sleep lastnight then my air mattress popped so now I don't have a bed. so I played village.. really too long.
so now..
I learned today
the shop only refills once a day..
I accidentally sold my fishing rod and shovel
I have over 40, 000 gold.
I got that i just the first day of the game.
Fish are kind-of hard to catch.
I haven't got a bug net yet.
I replicated the glitch with the skin again but this time I had gold to replace the negative gold in my safe.
So I didn't mess up my save file. :3
I like the journal. I showed my friend and he said it was really a good game

@morphtorok: you didn't exactly answer my question. could npc's move from one area to another ? if npc is in area 1 and player is in area 2, could there be a way for you to process an npc in area 1 (collision, movement, or simulate it over time) and then maybe have that npc come into area 2 where the player is Or would it not be possible? I'm asking because I'm interested in larger maps like this.

Ah! Village sounds too fun and I never scanned it! I can't scan it either, I tried once...
So are there any QRs for Village my DSi XL CAN scan?

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

Discostew wrote:

How often do each of you go into other people's code to see how their stuff works? I've wondered how many people have gone into mine to try and make sense of it all.

I went into @randomous 's Village, and found some cool stuff in there. You might wanna check it out!

I found a platformer engine and found cool stuff in there.
cough line 298 and 3401 cough

[/quote]
See that? You gave us the coughing.

Slayer

Also I scanned Village with 88 QRs. This was worth my time. It's more fun than most of the official games I've played!
Problem. 1. I'm broke and 2. I'M BROKE! How do I earn money at the start of village?
I have no fishing rod or net...

Discostew

slayer wrote:

I always never understood bats. Not when I play Megaman 4 on Wii or Megaman 10 on Xbox 360. I will scan Megaman 2 I guess... Before I thought there were too many QRs but now everyone's playing it so I have to.

The reason why there are so many QR codes is because of all the graphics, audio, etc that had to be included. Many games run on so few QR codes because they are using Petit Computer's default game assets, like the sprites and background tiles. This Megaman 2 project has to import everything externally.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

Yeah, about that...
I went to the Lazer Light Studios website and went to the QRs. I scanned the first one good, but then I noticed the first one said 1/99 and the others had 98. So I scanned the second one and it didn't work because it said it had different data than the first code.

Discostew

slayer wrote:

Yeah, about that...
I went to the Lazer Light Studios website and went to the QRs. I scanned the first one good, but then I noticed the first one said 1/99 and the others had 98. So I scanned the second one and it didn't work because it said it had different data than the first code.

Yeah, I had to reupload them because my loading check wasn't working for most people, so I removed it, and it dropped the code count down. Just refresh the page, and it should clear your cache and show the correct codes, all 98 of them.

From now on though, I'll be stitching all the QR codes together into one image, either using PTCUtilties "1 piece" option, or the QR Stitcher on the Wiki. At least in this manner, you'll get either an old copy or a new copy, and not a mix of both. This will also make it easier for me when uploading them, as I won't have to deal with so many separate files. It'll be just one big file instead.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Hairmanban19

slayer wrote:

Also I scanned Village with 88 QRs. This was worth my time. It's more fun than most of the official games I've played!
Problem. 1. I'm broke and 2. I'M BROKE! How do I earn money at the start of village?
I have no fishing rod or net...

Go gather plants and fruit then sell them at the store. After a while you'll have enough money to get a net and fishing pole.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

Alright,the full game of The Land of Verge won't have sprites,but it will still have SCRED files. And i have programmed the cabin with a bunch of stuff to do,so when i DO release the full game you'll wanna try typing different commands,but be carefull because some actions you do will cause death. And so far just the cabin has required more lines of code then the whole demo!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

randomous

@slayer @IAmAPerson Oh no! Someone found the debugging lines that I specifically commented in order for people to easily cheat! Lol I'm glad someone found it. There are more debugging lines in there (for testing), but they're not as useful to players as those two.

@Morphtorok Hey, that island looks awesome! Is it just a mode you can pick for generation, or is it a place you can go?

randomous

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok Hey, that island looks awesome! Is it just a mode you can pick for generation, or is it a place you can go?

It's actually an alternate set of background tiles. If the forest is generated while these are loaded instead of the normal ones, the forest becomes an island!

Right now it's random, but it will probably be an option for generating the terrain later when I add menus and stuff.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Slayer

Okay. Two things about games.
1. Village-How do you pick fruit or fish for that matter? I just stored my fishing rod away because I couldn't figure out the controls for fishing.
2. Megaman 2 PTC- Discostew this is my first time playing your Megaman 2 project and it is freaking unbelievable. This visually looks better than the consoles I play Megaman games on. I will spend some time trying to beat these levels, because event though I have old Megaman skill of nearly beating 10, I struggle at 4, and now here I can't much seem to beat this either. I love this. This was worth the time it took to scan 98 QR codes.
EDIT: I don't know if these two are glitches or not but I'll report them anyway. Are bats supposed to hang in mid-air when they are chasing you and you go out of range? It happened to me. Also in the first level I was on the platform near the gray spring and it sped up when I was on the same sprite line but not the same platform.

Edited on by Slayer

Discostew

@slayer Thanks.

About those glitches. The Battons aren't necessarily a glitch, but more of not being fully implemented. The Springers, however, are working as intended.

To give everyone an idea of how much data was left out of the demo (and how many more QR codes the final product will be), just the graphics for the remaining sprites and tilesets that weren't included in the demo (for not being implemented) take up at least another GRP, which is about 49KB. My plan is to have all the game assets in GRPs, and package those into the program so everything is contains in one file (therefore, 1 set of QR codes). I'm already using 2 full GRPs (not including audio, which is in a separate GRP), so by the end, I may end up having to make all the GRPs external instead of packaging them together. If so, it won't be nearly as bad s the first demo that had all the assets in separate files for each little thing. It'll just be a few GRPs.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

Okay. Two things about games.
1. Village-How do you pick fruit or fish for that matter? I just stored my fishing rod away because I couldn't figure out the controls for fishing.
2. Megaman 2 PTC- Discostew this is my first time playing your Megaman 2 project and it is freaking unbelievable. This visually looks better than the consoles I play Megaman games on. I will spend some time trying to beat these levels, because event though I have old Megaman skill of nearly beating 10, I struggle at 4, and now here I can't much seem to beat this either. I love this. This was worth the time it took to scan 98 QR codes.
EDIT: I don't know if these two are glitches or not but I'll report them anyway. Are bats supposed to hang in mid-air when they are chasing you and you go out of range? It happened to me. Also in the first level I was on the platform near the gray spring and it sped up when I was on the same sprite line but not the same platform.

To pick fruit on Village, walk up to a tree and press the "action" button. Make sure nothing is in your hand. To fish, have te rod in your hand, walk up to and face a river, and press the "action" button. When a black spot swims up and starts nibbling, get ready. As soon as he bites and pulls (you'll know when), press the "action" button again to reel it in.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

boot

Bad news:my ds broke and wont turn on/turns on the top screen goes out then the bottom does. I was able to save most of my data.
good news:im getting a 3ds for my birthday

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

ramstrong

Hansausage wrote:

@Ramstrong Ok ok i see it now. after taking a second look. I understand your code a little better now. I was just having a problem seeing how some of it worked is what i mean. Sorry about that.

That's what I figured. You gave up too quickly. Next time you run into trouble, at least be able to tell what's wrong, and what you did to overcome it. "It doesn't work!" doesn't help anybody. See Petit Computer Journal 5: How to ask questions for details.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

I think I have found out how to add being able to see the tips of blocks and add multiple layers. My problem I was having with making the second layers was that I raised the block height too much so that it couldn't go any higher. Here's what I've thought of. I raise the player height so that the blocks are a reasonable size. Then I add another layer where head height now is. There, 2 layers. Then I duplicate the Raycasting engine, twist a few numbers, and now I have tops of blocks. I won't worry about bottoms, because those wont be visible. One problem. What do I duplicate?!?! I have 600+ lines, and one line that's there that isn't supposed to be there will seriously mess up the game (is it qualified as a game yet?). Grrr... Better hurry before school starts in just a few days...

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

I won't work on much today because I'm in a bit of a Neku mood if anyone knows what I'm talking about... (The World Ends With You)

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic