Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 9,620

twinArmageddons

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Twinarmageddonz how are the sprites going? If you don't wanna make them then its ok.

im sorry ive been really busy lately i probably wont get them done anytime soon

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

damolii

TexMurphy wrote:

Removing the roof is easy if you place the roof on page 0 and the building on 1. Then bgclr 0. Ofcourse you might also remove the tops of trees.The hard part is setting the trigger with a moving map. Unless you move the control map with it.

That would not be a smooth transition though. Imagine walking into a house, and in a blink, the roofs gone. It would be better if it dissipated. Anyway, the point is, some of these things are difficult. I'm currently making an RPG (that I posted a short demo of) and I have an intro, 1 npc, A battle scene, a save feature. In due time

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

SmokedSausage

@Ramstrong I'm sorry I didn't understand your sprite movement code this is what I mean

Starting y value is 130 and I want it to be subtracted by 5 for every time up is pressed and the y value to be permanently changed to the result of 130-5 and so on

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

swordx

TexMurphy wrote:

Removing the roof is easy if you place the roof on page 0 and the building on 1. Then bgclr 0. Ofcourse you might also remove the tops of trees.The hard part is setting the trigger with a moving map. Unless you move the control map with it.

I could do it, but I prefer to think of the house as another screen.

swordx

swordx

Disco, I found a glitch in MM2. The wind guys can blow you away from ladders, but you stay in ladder postion.

EDIT: Yay! I beat every custom level. Has anyone else?

Edited on by swordx

swordx

randomous

Aww, thanks for the kind words everybody! I know they're far back and about various topics (by various people), but I really appreciate them all! I'm on my phone, so it's hard to point at anyone in particular (I wouldn't want to leave someone out), so I'll just leave it at a blanket "Thank you!"

randomous

damolii

swordx wrote:

Disco, I found a glitch in MM2. The wind guys can blow you away from ladders, but you stay in ladder postion.

I wasn't made for platforming games. Not at all.....

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

swordx

damolii wrote:

swordx wrote:

I wasn't made for games like Megaman where you actually have to find your way through. Not at all.....

I play all genres of games, so I found it kind of easy despite the PTC version of Mega Man being my first Mega experience. Also, that demo was quite linear...

swordx

Discostew

swordx wrote:

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I know which part that happens at. When I did my testing, I always dropped down instead of using the ladder. Should be an easy fix by editing one line of code to include a check if Megaman's state has it set for ladders.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

swordx

Discostew wrote:

swordx wrote:

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I know which part that happens at. When I did my testing, I always dropped down instead of using the ladder. Should be an easy fix by editing one line of code to include a check if Megaman's state has it set for ladders.

I dropped down the first time, but he pushed m off, so I decided I'd shoot him frm the ladder, and...well...It didn't help.

EDIT: Erm...can someone help me make some black and white Little Mac sprites? It's for an arcade machine in DA2.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

InsertPi

Has anyone thought of recreating N+ on PTC? If you don't know what N+ is, it's an awesome parkour-like sidescrolling game for the Xbox. Google it please, and tell me if it's possible. I really have no clue of the true limits of basic.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

swordx

swordx wrote:

Discostew wrote:

swordx wrote:

I dropped down the first time, but he pushed m off, so I decided I'd shoot him frm the ladder, and...well...It didn't help.

EDIT: Erm...can someone help me make some black and white Little Mac sprites? It's for an arcade machine in DA2.

NVM I'll just use box people...

swordx

ramstrong

Hansausage wrote:

@Ramstrong I'm sorry I didn't understand your sprite movement code this is what I mean

Starting y value is 130 and I want it to be subtracted by 5 for every time up is pressed and the y value to be permanently changed to the result of 130-5 and so on

I really don't see what your problem is because that's @MOVE subroutine. About the only difference between mine and yours is that mine uses variables instead of constant. There are only two subroutines, besides INIT that you have to worry about. @MAINLOOP and @MOVE. Surely, you can analyze the code to isolate the witch (SPRITE 1) movement parts?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

TobuKatsu

Discostew wrote:

swordx wrote:

DiscoStew, I also found a glitch with the Bat things.When they come and attack you, they will go a few feet and hang in mid air or inside the walls.

Edited on by TobuKatsu

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

swordx

TobuKatsu wrote:

Discostew wrote:

swordx wrote:

DiscoStew, I also found a glitch with the Bat things.When they come and attack you, they will go a few feet and hang in mid air or inside the walls.

I don't think that's a glitch...

swordx

agumon1123

steriaca wrote:

About this age thing...I must be acient, Colone No Obaba or Happisai age at the tender age of 43, compared to the avrage age of eveybody else on this group.

(Gee...I made a Ranma 1/2 reffrence... That should prove I'm old).

I don't find making that reference means you're old. I make inuyasha and ranma 1/2 refernces when talking to my friends and im only 17.

agumon1123

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4333-7112 | Twitter:

Eel

Project update...

For some reason today I spent most of my petit com time tweaking the island mode. Other than that, now the hoe is functional and I have been ironing some bugs and details.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

swordx wrote:

TobuKatsu wrote:

Discostew wrote:

swordx wrote:

I don't think that's a glitch...

Eh, not really a glitch, but not completely implemented either. See, when I began working on their AI, I didn't know much about how they react in different areas because they were limited to only one stage. The beginning of Woodman's stage in the original had trees. I figured there was no barrier, but then I went further into the cave areas, and I see that they do stop flying up when they collide with an impassable tile. I guess the trees also had this, but one really couldn't tell until the bats went through their phase. This will be rectified before the completed game is finished.

So, that's two glitch-like occurrences that need to be handled. Thank you all for taking account of these sightings and reporting them.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

SmokedSausage

@Ramstrong Ok ok i see it now. after taking a second look. I understand your code a little better now. I was just having a problem seeing how some of it worked is what i mean. Sorry about that.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic