Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 9,620

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I'm going to post something here. It's a mem file loader saver (beggining codebase)
http://imgur.com/IT0oJUH
I made this for twins armagedden to help him out. :3
The code isn't complete and it's only an example of how you could use mem files to save multiple variables.
If anyone knows of a better way than this method then you might wanna share it.

Petit Computer Journal #12 deals with that issue.

share it?

On my blogspot in sig. November 2012, if I remember correctly.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Dynamyc

Hey guys im new to this site and made an account just to comment on this thread do any of you guys know any petit computer tutorials europe just got petit computer a few weeks and im new to it >_<

Derp

Twitter:

swordx

Dynamyc wrote:

Hey guys im new to this site and made an account just to comment on this thread do any of you guys know any petit computer tutorials europe just got petit computer a few weeks and im new to it >_<

Gasp An OUTSIDER! lol There should be an entire thread on tutorials. Also, Discostew has some on his website. If you need anything else, just ask. We're happy to help!

swordx

Ralph

Dynamyc wrote:

Hey, finally another European Petit Computer owner.

Edited on by Ralph

Ralph

steriaca

About this age thing...I must be acient, Colone No Obaba or Happisai age at the tender age of 43, compared to the avrage age of eveybody else on this group.

(Gee...I made a Ranma 1/2 reffrence... That should prove I'm old).

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Dynamyc

swordx wrote:

Dynamyc wrote:

Gasp An OUTSIDER! lol There should be an entire thread on tutorials. Also, Discostew has some on his website. If you need anything else, just ask. We're happy to help!

cool thanks for the help

Derp

Twitter:

Dynamyc

zorkzedork wrote:

Dynamyc wrote:

Yeah im glad this game came to europe took long though but worth the wait

Derp

Twitter:

InsertPi

ramstrong wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Would it be to hard to add a top to the blocks?

Not a sarcastic question.

Extremely hard. If you or anyone else could it, it would be revolutionary for Minecraft DS! Plus, you would get a LOT of credit (one of te main developers). It would allow for a true Minecraft Infdev-like experience!

You are doing raycasting algorithm. You cannot render the top of blocks that way. You have to use a different algorithm altogether. There are shortcuts if the blocks are of uniform size, but there is no avoiding the fact that raycasting does not deal with multiple blocks. Why don't you do first person perspective instead? After you've done that, then develop a more sophisticated 3D routines for Minecraft.

The routine I use deals with as many blocks as you assign it to work with. I am using first person, btw. I will make another (but similar) algorithm to work with tops of blocks. Then I will work with 3d collision detection.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

swordx wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@swordx @Morphotorok wow. It sure seemed like you were talking about me. You even mentioned Raycraft and my age. I am very confused.

If we wever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

Anyway.... You're 14 too?! Suddendly I feel old.

Exactly who is "that guy?" I'm curious now.

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft#comm-5652

Lol. He says that I'm competing with him. I didn't even know about his thing when I started. Am I the only one who finds this somewhat amusing?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

swordx

IAmAPerson wrote:

swordx wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@swordx @Morphotorok wow. It sure seemed like you were talking about me. You even mentioned Raycraft and my age. I am very confused.

If we wever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

Lol. He says that I'm competing with him. I didn't even know about his thing when I started. Am I the only one who finds this somewhat amusing?

I find it amusing, but I'm also angered by it. He shouldn't b attacking other people's programs. He sounds like the Fez guy, except Fez was actually good.

swordx

InsertPi

swordx wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

swordx wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

I find it amusing, but I'm also angered by it. He shouldn't b attacking other people's programs. He sounds like the Fez guy, except Fez was actually good.

I don't really care. People don't seem to care much about it. They see a box on his wiki page. That's it. They come to mine and see a 3d program with textures and me building something in it.

swordx

Yay I beat the first MM2 custom stage. Yay!

Just beat stage 2.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

ramstrong

steriaca wrote:

About this age thing...I must be acient, Colone No Obaba or Happisai age at the tender age of 43, compared to the avrage age of eveybody else on this group.

(Gee...I made a Ranma 1/2 reffrence... That should prove I'm old).

You mean Happosai. Thanks for making me feel old, buddy.

IAmAPerson wrote:

The routine I use deals with as many blocks as you assign it to work with. I am using first person, btw. I will make another (but similar) algorithm to work with tops of blocks. Then I will work with 3d collision detection.

I meant in rendering sense, not actual data. If you manage to have a similar algo for tops of blocks, then I'd like to hear the explanation because it'll be the first of I hear of it.

If I'm to do it, I'd do a modified 2D perpective projection algo (Deluxe Paint style). But, hey, to each his own.

zorkzedork wrote:

It makes me wonder just how many PTC users are out there. Nintendo sells millions of units, so there should be tens of thousands users out there, and here it's only a handful. Some of the early adopters left already and never to be heard again. I wonder why?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

ramstrong wrote:

It makes me wonder just how many PTC users are out there. Nintendo sells millions of units, so there should be tens of thousands users out there, and here it's only a handful. Some of the early adopters left already and never to be heard again. I wonder why?

I guess many of the early adopters and other people who bought this simply heard "you can make games with it" and thought it would be the easiest thing ever. When they found out you needed to study to use this app/couldn't paint the mona lisa in their first try, they simply lost interest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

Morphtorok wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

I guess many of the early adopters and other people who bought this simply heard "you can make games with it" and thought it would be the easiest thing ever. When they found out you needed to study to use this app/couldn't paint the mona lisa in their first try, they simply lost interest.

You'd think they'd at least discuss the new PTC games. I see PTC as a completely open console within a console. I get excited over PTC games, and I also get excited over 3DS and Wii U games, because I cobsider them all to be their own consoles. If only others thought like that...

swordx

iprice

I'm also a European Petit Computer user. I'm also of the older variety (42). I've also just released the first WIP of my first PTC game, PetitPush (see www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?start=4281 , but nobody even noticed by the look of things.

But what the hey. I shall continue.

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

ramstrong

swordx wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

You'd think they'd at least discuss the new PTC games. I see PTC as a completely open console within a console. I get excited over PTC games, and I also get excited over 3DS and Wii U games, because I cobsider them all to be their own consoles. If only others thought like that...

That's a valid point. If @bluerobin2 ever managed to get that blogspot off the ground, it should do PTC games review as well.
@iprice
You probably should repost that to QR sharing thread so it doesn't get lost. Well, so it doesn't get lost as easily.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

steriaca

iprice wrote:

I'm also a European Petit Computer user. I'm also of the older variety (42). I've also just released the first WIP of my first PTC game, PetitPush (see www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?start=4281 , but nobody even noticed by the look of things.

But what the hey. I shall continue.

Please do, @iprice . We need more programers makeing more programs. Remember, one day, all we will have for the DS are games for Petit Computer.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong I know, I know, but I just happen to be on vacation right now and living in a hotel with no internet access. I'll try harder when I get back. BTW you have the login, correct? Its a full Google account BTW. So we can have a YouTube as well.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Discostew

How often do each of you go into other people's code to see how their stuff works? I've wondered how many people have gone into mine to try and make sense of it all.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic