Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 9,620

TobuKatsu

boot wrote:

I'm only 11 and I make all sorts of stuff. I just need to learn how to make qrs. I could have by now but I just never really needed too

After you save your PRG to the SD card, put your SD card into the SD slot and go here to convert them to QR Codes http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/qrmaker/en_us/qrmaker.html

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

swordx

Morphtorok wrote:

Yeah it was sarcasm.

Whats up with him wanting to limit his testers though. Lol.

Good. It's hard to tell on the internet.

He probably thinks there's a whole line of people yearning to play his amazing game. Meanwhile we have Mr. Mouse making Village (which people actually like) and he's not like this guy in the slightest.

swordx

boot

Thanks @TobuKatsu ill do it tomorrow when I have access to my computer. I'm on my kindle fire

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Eel

@Iamaperson: Not sure if I understand what happened.

Just so you know. We are talking about other dude attempting to clone minecraft who acted like he's the best thing ever and even threw a few cheap shots at yours.

Unless you two are the same person. In that case I'm very confused.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

IAmAPerson wrote:

swordx wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Yeah it was sarcasm.

Whats up with him wanting to limit his testers though. Lol.

Good. It's hard to tell on the internet.

He probably thinks there's a whole line of people yearning to play his amazing game. Meanwhile we have Mr. Mouse making Village (which people actually like) and he's not like this guy in the slightest.

I'm sorry guys! I didn't know you guys felt like that. I try to not be like that; I've always had that problem. Forgive me plz. And it's no longer Raycaft. It sounded really weird. And yes, I know that Village is a lot better than anything I could ever do. Btw I'm 14 not 13. Should I just stop development if you guys just don't seem to care? Cause it'd make my life a lot easier.

@swordx I'm sure you're risking a ban talking like that about people.

EDIT: Nvm about asking you guys if I should stop development. I'm gonna stop anyway. Goodbye guys.

We're talking about the jerk who thinks he's the best programmer ever, and downs people's games INCLUDING yours. We are NOT talking about you. You have remained very nice to everyone. It would be a shame if you were to leave. Please continue the development of your game.

swordx

InsertPi

@swordx @Morphotorok wow. It sure seemed like you were talking about me. You even mentioned Raycraft and my age. I am very confused.
EDIT: Oohhhh... Looking back over it, I see now. Thanks guys for the kind words. (no sarcasm) What really confused me is where you put belittle. I thought it meant "promote beyond what it deserves" or something like that. I looked it up. It's all fine now guys. (Dang I overreact...)

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Eel

IAmAPerson wrote:

@swordx @Morphotorok wow. It sure seemed like you were talking about me. You even mentioned Raycraft and my age. I am very confused.

If we ever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

Anyway.... You're 14 too?! Suddendly I feel old.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

If we wever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

Exactly who is "that guy?" I'm curious now.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

swordx

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

If we wever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

And suddenly I don't feel overly young. I used to not care, until I played WoW. I had been chatting with a guy for a year, but when he found out I WAS 12, he ignored me. No one on that game could ever believe my ahe...Oh well!

I am about to download MM2 v0.2...Exciting!

swordx

Discostew

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

If we ever talk about you for any reason, you can be sure we will address you by your username and not just "that guy" lol.

Nah, you're probably still young, at least compared to me.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Eel

Discostew wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Nah, you're probably still young, at least compared to me.

(Checks Disco's age through his web page)
Thanks I feel a bit younger now

Anyway, after 10 minutes scanning, I could play your demo.

It's... So awesome! It's like... There are games made with petit computer, and then there are games made by you.

And it's pretty hard. I couldn't complete a single level.

I think Petit Fantasy IV will be more my thing!

Bloop.

twinArmageddons

i leave for 2 days and everyone starts making rpgs D:
now i have to do something cool to make mine unique

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ramstrong

PetitProfessor wrote:

Has anyone seen my tutorials ?

Didn't that account got deleted? Have you any link?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Discostew wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

I'm working on a new game it's like Kirby does anyone want to help

Wouldn't you finish some of your other games first?

I don't understand people's obsession of taking on multiple projects. It usually leads to completing none of them. Not even actual game designers take on more than 1 project at a time. That's why they have multiple teams, so the "company" can do multiple projects, but teams and individuals stick with one.

It's one thing to think about other projects, but dedicating time to work on multiple is just not feasible.

It depends on the situation. What I'm thinking is that I'm taking multiple subjects in school, and there was no problem with that. The important point is that you should be able to stop and start your projects at any point in time. Granted, if the amount of delay is long, I have to write down highly detailed memo, and that takes a lot of time. But it's very much possible to do.

I enjoy going from one project to another. Besides, if you're working during the day and work on PTC during the night, well, that's multi-tasking, too. I try to limit the number of projects I have going on, but I still work on several PTC projects all at once. It's a question of project management.

You see, most computer programs have common functions. MAP() for example, is used just about everywhere. SPRITE, BG, Graphics routines are common. My Virtual Keyboard routines will be used by quite a few programs, so by completing that, I'd be able to check off progress on several programs all at once. With the recent SPRITE demo program, I'd have finished experimenting sprite collision routines, and I will save time on all projects that uses sprites, again, checking off features on several programs all at once.

It really is a question of project management, and whether or not you can manage long-term multi-tasking properly. Some roadmaps are short, others are long. As long as there is progress, I don't mind too much.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

IAmAPerson wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Would it be to hard to add a top to the blocks?

Not a sarcastic question.

Extremely hard. If you or anyone else could it, it would be revolutionary for Minecraft DS! Plus, you would get a LOT of credit (one of te main developers). It would allow for a true Minecraft Infdev-like experience!

You are doing raycasting algorithm. You cannot render the top of blocks that way. You have to use a different algorithm altogether. There are shortcuts if the blocks are of uniform size, but there is no avoiding the fact that raycasting does not deal with multiple blocks. Why don't you do first person perspective instead? After you've done that, then develop a more sophisticated 3D routines for Minecraft.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

TobuKatsu wrote:

I want to know how to make walls and/or tiles you cannot walk through.

There are several different methods. I'm assuming you mean walls in the background and sprites.
1. Use an array to define walls, and check the position of the sprite against that array.
2. Use a specific command to check sprite collision against a rectangular area in the background.
3. Use special sprites to act as wall, door, etc, and check collision against that.
4. Create a minimap subroutine, and do your check there.

I haven't done #2, but maybe I should be working on a simple dungeon romper because it seems to be a common question. If you haven't done so, please check PTC Tutorial thread. Also, I made a simple sprite demo program called WITCH. I posted it on PTC QR sharing thread. I'd appreciate any feedback, and if you want to play around with custom sprites, background, etc, feel free to experiment with the program.

EDIT:
The Apple Picker Game features walls in character graphic environment. You may want to check it out.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Gimmemorecoinz

I'm going to post something here. It's a mem file loader saver (beggining codebase)
http://imgur.com/IT0oJUH
I made this for twins armagedden to help him out. :3
The code isn't complete and it's only an example of how you could use mem files to save multiple variables.
If anyone knows of a better way than this method then you might wanna share it.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I'm going to post something here. It's a mem file loader saver (beggining codebase)
The code isn't complete and it's only an example of how you could use mem files to save multiple variables.

Petit Computer Journal #12 deals with that issue.

Petit Computer Journal

Gimmemorecoinz

ramstrong wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Petit Computer Journal #12 deals with that issue.

share it?

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic