Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,281 to 4,300 of 9,620

Slayer

Gladiators isn't working with the button but that's probably just my sprites not being loaded.
After sprites I need an active NPC with a damage system and Alpha 1.0 is done.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

And in the class selection screen then there will just be warrior when I'm done. As updates go on, I will add Ranger and Mage in Alpha and maybe special attacks somewhere around Beta or so. I have big plans for this big fighting game.
EDIT:
How do I load my custom backgrounds? I'm going to make some via one of the background programs. GRP I'm bad at, whatever lets me use pixels if you can save that, I think its SCR, yeah it is. Can you save those and if so how do you load them?
And does anyone wanna play a DS online game like Black Ops, MW:M, etc.

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Not just Modern Warfare and Black Ops but other games as well like Mario Kart or something. I have a flashcart so don't worry about what I have everyone.
Let's not disclude PC games as well. The 101 games, or just anything.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

TexMurphy wrote:

Where do I post code that I need help on? PTC Dsiware forum or PTC qr code forum?

Right here!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Ok guys! It's official. The chat for Raycraft Beta 1.0 will NO LONGER be useless! You can now use chat for multiplayer! Unfortunately, multiplayer commands (like /mute and /ban) are still useless... I'll give more details when the time comes. One question. When I put:

SENDFILE "Filename",FALSE

it gives me a "Missing operand" error, being indicative of a way to send/receive files without promting screens. My question is: what operand am I missing?

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

damolii

@Morphtorok Thank you for elaborating. You explained it in a way that helped, but did not give me the answer itself. I like that!!! Now I can figure it out

@Gimmemorecoinz Thank you, I will look into it!!

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287 'Petit's number limit
FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

Waits for approx. 40 billion millenniums... (HOLY [PG]!!!)
Can someone check my math on that? I keep getting different numbers each time...
GGRRRRR my TI-36X Pro calculator won't let me enter the entire equation without it lagging like [PG]!!! I need more RAM!

Edited on by InsertPi

damolii

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

Can someone check my math on that? I keep getting different numbers each time...
GGRRRRR my TI-36X Pro calculator won't let me enter the entire equation without it lagging like [PG]!!! I need more RAM!

I do not believe your hypothesis is correct. If i am not wrong, I believe every number is 1/60th of a second. SO WAIT 1 =1/60th of a second. Even if WAIT 1 was the same as 1 second, that would still be like only a week. Correct me if I'm wrong ._.

Edited on by damolii

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

I do not believe your hypothesis is correct. If i am not wrong, I believe every number is 1/60th of a second. SO WAIT 1 =1/60th of a second. Even if WAIT 1 was the same as 1 second, that would still be like only a week. Correct me if I'm wrong ._.

That might be true, but the FOR commands do this to the number:
WAIT (5242872)2

damolii

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

WAIT (5242872)2

According to my math (which I estimated in my head), that's a few centuries, but not close to 40 billion millennium. You would have to write the number astronomically for you to even get the concept of it.

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

WAIT (5242872)2

According to my math (which I estimated in my head), that's a few centuries, but not close to 40 billion millennium. You would have to write the number astronomically for you to even get the concept of it.

I did ((5242872)2)/60/60/60/24/365/1000. (60 frames=1 sec, 60 sec=m, 60m=h, 24h=1d, 365d=1y, 1000y=1m) and that game me approx 4x1010, or 40 billion (millenniums).

damolii

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

WAIT (5242872)2

I did ((5242872)2)/60/60/60/24/365/1000. (60 frames=1 sec, 60 sec=m, 60m=h, 24h=1d, 365d=1y, 1000y=1m) and that game me approx 4x1010, or 40 billion (millenniums).

The math seems to check out. I guess you're right. 40 billion millenium does't seem practical,though. I divided 524,287 to the 2nd power by the number of seconds in a year (in my head), and it was approximately 90 years. Anyway, let's just agree it's a really big number, ok??

Edited on by damolii

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Longest WAIT command?

FOR I=0 TO 524287
WAIT 524287
NEXT
NEXT

WAIT (5242872)2

The math seems to check out. I guess you're right. 40 billion millenium does't seem practical,though. I divided 524,287 to the 2nd power by the number of seconds in a year (in my head), and it was approximately 90 years. Anyway, let's just agree it's a really big number, ok??

Lol yea this has been going on for a while.

PetitProfessor

Does anyone has go series undead storm for 3ds is a zombie game does anybody have this game

PetitProfessor

randomous

Does anybody know how to do math? Lol just kidding; all right, here it is. You wait X amount of time. You do that X times, so that's X^2. You then do that whole thing X times, so X^3. 524287^3 gives us the amount of 60th of a seconds, so divide it by 60 to get seconds. Then divide by 60 again to get minutes. Then divide it by 60 once more to get hours. Divide by 24 to get days. Divide by 365 for years. Without accounting for leap years and stuff, that's ~76 million.

randomous

damolii

Ok, I've got a simple battle system working now. There are currently only 2 monsters, but there will be more. I'm gonna add a grid tomorrow. It looks very useful.

Gimmemorecoinz

damolii wrote:

@Morphtorok Thank you for elaborating. You explained it in a way that helped, but did not give me the answer itself. I like that!!! Now I can figure it out

@Gimmemorecoinz Thank you, I will look into it!!

Look into which? i think that's a bit of a late reply ^^;

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Eel

@damolii: you're welcome! Glad to see you find it useful.

Here's today's project update. It was social sunday (and by that I mean me and a bunch of friends gathered to play nerdy games together) so I couldn't do much, but something rather big happened.

Now the forest (play area of the game) is twice as big! I finally got around adding a way to load more map instead of being restricted to the usual amount of tiles that petit computer can load at a time.

Now the game scrolls around normally in a 32*32 sector and can load another sector when needed. So in a way the game works by "acres" like in animal crossing (just bigger acres).

I think four acres/sectors (64*64 total area) will be enough for this kind of game, but I could add even more if I wanted to.

I bet this will be useful for other projects too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gimmemorecoinz

Morphtorok wrote:

@damolii: you're welcome! Glad to see you find it useful.

Here's today's project update. It was social sunday (and by that I mean me and a bunch of friends gathered to play nerdy games together) so I couldn't do much, but something rather big happened.

Now the forest (play area of the game) is twice as big! I finally got around adding a way to load more map instead of being restricted to the usual amount of tiles that petit computer can load at a time.

Now the game scrolls around normally in a 32*32 sector and can load another sector when needed. So in a way the game works by "acres" like in animal crossing (just bigger acres).

I think four acres/sectors (64*64 total area) will be enough for this kind of game, but I could add even more if I wanted to.

I bet this will be useful for other projects too.

Does the loading time cost any performance? that's noticable or slow downs?

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Eel

Not really since it only loads the (whole) next area when the character goes out of the screen (and relocates the character accordingly). There's a short loading screen between areas though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic