Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 9,620

GraphicGenius

Morphtorok wrote:

Just set the graphic page to the touch screen with GPAGE 1 and start drawing them as normal.

I'll try that. I also want to make an enemy move all the time and I also want to know how to get my characters to be able to jump on a platform and stay. I think @randomous could do this. One more thing; how do you make it so if you press a button it will go somewhere? I have wanted to know this for a long time.

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

PetitProfessor

Does anyone need tutorials on petit computer?

PetitProfessor

PetitProfessor

I make petit computer tutorials on YouTube my username is petitprofesor ouh and I'm finish with my call of duty menu it has exit, extras, campaign, story mode

Edited on by PetitProfessor

PetitProfessor

GraphicGenius

PetitProfessor wrote:

Does anyone need tutorials on petit computer?

I need lots of them.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

PetitProfessor

Call me on Skype or text me here's my username for tutorials petitprofesor1

PetitProfessor

GraphicGenius

PetitProfessor wrote:

Does anyone know crismartin

no.

PetitProfessor

Friend code 4210 4981 5614 agete p2 add me I will add you

PetitProfessor

InsertPi

programmerpro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Just set the graphic page to the touch screen with GPAGE 1 and start drawing them as normal.

I'll try that. I also want to make an enemy move all the time and I also want to know how to get my characters to be able to jump on a platform and stay. I think @randomous could do this. One more thing; how do you make it so if you press a button it will go somewhere? I have wanted to know this for a long time.

Buttons! Yay! The commands for buttons are BUTTON() and BTRIG(). Lets say for example when I press A, it goes to @Example. You do this:

IF BUTTON()==16 THEN @Example 'or GOTO @Example

This works great if you want only A pressed. If you want multiple buttons pressed at once and it still work, do this:

B=BUTTON()
IF B AND 16 THEN...

Ok, now you might want to know "what does 16 mean?" Well, each button has its own ID, so here they are:
Up is 1
Down is 2
Left is 4
Right is 8
A is 16
B is 32
X is 64
Y is 128
L is 256
R is 512
START is 1024
SELECT doesn't have an ID, because it is the "force exit program" button. If you want multiple buttons to be pressed, but only those buttons, just add the IDs! For example, I want BOTH right and A to be pressed, but NOTHING else. I'd do this:

IF BUTTON()==24 THEN...

Because the sum of 8 (right) and 16 (A) is 24. BTRIG behaves the same way, but is only activated when a button is first pressed, not if it's being held. There are things you can do with stuff like BUTTON(1-3) and BTRIG(1-3), but that's a little more advanced. Hope this helps!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

PetitProfessor wrote:

I make petit computer tutorials on YouTube my username is petitprofesor ouh and I'm finish with my call of duty menu it has exit, extras, campaign, story mode

If this is true (not saying that you're trolling), then with all that content, you'll need multiple programs.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

GraphicGenius

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

programmerpro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Buttons! Yay! The commands for buttons are BUTTON() and BTRIG(). Lets say for example when I press A, it goes to @Example. You do this:

IF BUTTON()==16 THEN @Example 'or GOTO @Example

This works great if you want only A pressed. If you want multiple buttons pressed at once and it still work, do this:

B=BUTTON()
IF B AND 16 THEN...

Ok, now you might want to know "what does 16 mean?" Well, each button has its own ID, so here they are:
Up is 1
Down is 2
Left is 4
Right is 8
A is 16
B is 32
X is 64
Y is 128
L is 256
R is 512
START is 1024
SELECT doesn't have an ID, because it is the "force exit program" button. If you want multiple buttons to be pressed, but only those buttons, just add the IDs! For example, I want BOTH right and A to be pressed, but NOTHING else. I'd do this:

IF BUTTON()==24 THEN...

Because the sum of 8 (right) and 16 (A) is 24. BTRIG behaves the same way, but is only activated when a button is first pressed, not if it's being held. There are things you can do with stuff like BUTTON(1-3) and BTRIG(1-3), but that's a little more advanced. Hope this helps!

Actually, I meant buttons on the touch screen...

randomous

@programmerpro I'm sorry, I didn't see that you wanted my help. What did you need exactly?

If you want to do buttons on the touch screen, you could do it the easy (inefficient) way, or the harder (modular/efficient) way. We'll do it the easy way for now:

There are four important variables for using the touchscreen. TCHST is 1 when the touchscreen is being touched, and 0 otherwise. TCHX and TCHY tell you where on the touchscreen you're pressing, and TCHTIME tells you how long you've been pressing. To make buttons the easy way, you could come up with the areas that you want to be touch receptive (buttons), and check to see if the user is touching in that area. For instance, if you wanted a button that was 100 wide and 100 tall right in the middle of the screen, you could do "IF TCHST AND TCHX<178 AND TCHX>78 AND TCHY<142 AND TCHY>42 THEN GOSUB @BUTTONPRESS".

randomous

PetitProfessor

Add me everyone 4210 4981 5614 agent p2 tell me when you add me

PetitProfessor

PetitProfessor

I need guns guns just guns ouh and enemies

PetitProfessor

Slayer

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

If this is true (not saying that you're trolling), then with all that content, you'll need multiple programs.

Think about it. If he's making this like Halo DS then he can do it. If he is making it like NSpace makes it, it's impossible

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

PetitProfessor wrote:

Add me everyone 4210 4981 5614 agent p2 tell me when you add me

What are you talking about? Black Ops DS? (I have that btw...)

InsertPi

Sneak peak of Raycraft Beta 1.0! Multiplayer chat! (So that the chat actually has a purpose)

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Think about it. If he's making this like Halo DS then he can do it. If he is making it like NSpace makes it, it's impossible

I know. I was saying that earlier.

Slayer

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Sneak peak of Raycraft Beta 1.0! Multiplayer chat! (So that the chat actually has a purpose)

Awesome. I loved the way you do Raycraft and have kept my copy of what looks like the Alpha version, I'll check out 1.5

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Alright,I'm just gonna let you guys know that when I start school which will be on September 9th,I will only be able to play games on Friday nights and weekends,so I'll try to get my RPG finished before school. I bet that when I do get to play games During school I'll have to read a few pages on this forum!

Trying to get it finished before school is pretty wise. I'm gonna show my game off at school even though I won't be done.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic