Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

PetitProfessor wrote:

The guns for my call of duty game just make a gun in the middle and I will do the animation so who is gonna help me

I wish i could help but i'm horrible at sprites.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

The guns for my call of duty game just make a gun in the middle and I will do the animation so who is gonna help me

Hairmanban how is your games coming along. I liked your text based games sorry I never got a chance to tell you?
or did I get confused.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

ramstrong

Morphtorok wrote:

Restricting character movement to a grid is very useful. It makes it easier to manage your character's interactions with the background... But others dislike it!
I personally always use it for top-down games.

Depending on the game, you don't have to always snap the character to the nearest square. If all you want to do is to check interaction with the wall so it doesn't go there, you can use a look-ahead method, except, you're checking for more than one square. Use FLOOR() and snap the "feelers" to the nearest squares.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

See my post about tile engines and tile based movement either a few pages back or right on this page!!
Why don't people read other people's solutions to issues?

It's on this page https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...

If it's not on Tutorial Thread, it'll get lost.
Unfortunately, just because it's on Tutorial Thread, doesn't guarantee it'll get read. Some people have been asking questions that was answered on the post directly prior.
That's why I asked @BlueRobin2 to organize a community tutorial project. How's progress on that front, BTW? You're not taking time off to build your unique Arduino arcade game machine, do you?

Petit Computer Journal

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Hairmanban how is your games coming along. I liked your text based games sorry I never got a chance to tell you?
or did I get confused.

I'm glad you like them.! Have you tried my Text-like first person RPG? If that is the one you are asking how is doing,I haven't started making the full game yet,I'm waiting for @Twinarmageddonz to finish the sprites he's making for me,I wanna wait for those before I make the SCRED files. Sorry if I'm making you wait too long!

Edited on by Hairmanban19

ramstrong

programmerpro wrote:

I would like to make a program with someone. I don't know how to create qr codes but I can post something if your having trouble.

Just make it and share the source code in QR sharing Thread. If other people like it, they'll pick it up. Easy. How do you like my short simple sprite sample showing source game? You're free to modify that to your heart's content!
Program name: WITCH.
I was going to call the "The Witch and the Undead", but decided that title is too long.

Petit Computer Journal

swordx

PetitProfessor wrote:

Hey almost everybody said I was trolling I am seriously making call of duty is in 3d in 2d I did not meant 3d 3d so would someone help with my game I need good guns already told you guys what I need here's my Gmail [email protected]

I never said you're a troll...I know you're trustworthy. I only stated that I hate newer COD games.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Hey almost everybody said I was trolling I am seriously making call of duty is in 3d in 2d I did not meant 3d 3d so would someone help with my game I need good guns already told you guys what I need here's my Gmail [email protected]

I never said you're a troll...I know you're trustworthy. I only stated that I hate newer COD games.

Yeah,World At War was the only decent COD game,but now the multiplayer is filled with hackers. But if your saying that your CoD game is 2d then I'm sure it'll be fun!

ramstrong

PetitProfessor wrote:

I think you have it backward. You should just make something in-place, even if it's just a simple block, and pretend that's the gun. Then ask people to modify that block into a gun. I'd like to help you, but I can't. Sorry.

Petit Computer Journal

Hairmanban19

Alright,I'm just gonna let you guys know that when I start school which will be on September 9th,I will only be able to play games on Friday nights and weekends,so I'll try to get my RPG finished before school. I bet that when I do get to play games During school I'll have to read a few pages on this forum!

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Yeah,World At War was the only decent COD game,but now the multiplayer is filled with hackers. But if your saying that your CoD game is 2d then I'm sure it'll be fun!

WaW was the only okay newer games. COD was epic before the curse of the Modern Warfare. I can replay COD 2 over and over...

Anywaysssss, my game's progress will be halted once more due to a high influx of new games. I got Shin Megami Tensei IV and Wave Race 64 today.

New idea for my game: I'll have an area where screens are randomly selected. Each screen will have a different version of Sara's song playing.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

WaW was the only okay newer games. COD was epic before the curse of the Modern Warfare. I can replay COD 2 over and over...

Anywaysssss, my game's progress will be halted once more due to a high influx of new games. I got Shin Megami Tensei IV and Wave Race 64 today.

New idea for my game: I'll have an area where screens are randomly selected. Each screen will have a different version of Sara's song playing.

Thats cool! If you haven't already programmed the third arcade machine,then i think that one should be a text-adventure game!

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

Thats cool! If you haven't already programmed the third arcade machine,then i think that one should be a text-adventure game!

I haven't programme an of 'em yet. I have all 3 planned. The third shall remain a secret until September, when I'll show videos of all 3. I need to program house items and the shop first.

swordx

Thecoolguy617

Are you guys sure you don't wanna help this petit professer guy? I mean he did make Dancing dan, He can make sprites ( he made sprites on that game) he just can't make gun sprites. you guys could just do one and leave it at that. besides, you guys help each other on projects. why not give this dude a chance?

Thecoolguy617

Eel

If noone has offered to help, it's probably because they can't help. Drawing 3D-looking realistic weapons is not as easy as it sounds!

If he wants, he could use petit computer utilities to transport images of weapons from other console games to petit computer himself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

Thecoolguy617 wrote:

Are you guys sure you don't wanna help this petit professer guy? I mean he did make Dancing dan, He can make sprites ( he made sprites on that game) he just can't make gun sprites. you guys could just do one and leave it at that. besides, you guys help each other on projects. why not give this dude a chance?

I'm bad at art...

swordx

Gimmemorecoinz

Hey guys.
I'm messing around with sprites again!!! For my smash bros game.
I'm just wondering, because the sprites in this sheet won't all be the same size I can't use SPANIM at ALL
I want to know if using spset in this fashion will work.
http://imgur.com/sl6juW5
Thanks ahead of time. I put the code in a notepad file below.
I think I might have the wrong idea as the chr numbers aren't based on 8X8 locations but specifically based upon the size of the sprite itself (offset in the sheet) as defined by spset?
or is it pixels? I always get confused but usually I add 32 for 32 by 32 sprites, to get to the next sprite in the sheet (or is it 64 ? ) but anyways yeah.
Help? And advice, comments?

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Discostew

I've been doing rigorous testing of all 3 custom-made levels, but I ran into a problem with my CHR deallocation method, which is throwing the system into an infinite loop when loading a level after unloading the prior one. I believe I know where the problem lies, which deals with defragmenting sections in it. Outside of that, the function still works, so rather than try to fix this problem right now, I'll just bypass it. The CHR sections will end up being fragmented after loading/unloading levels, but for the demo not using up the entire sections, it should not be a problem.

Because of having to take time to find this problem and still needing to do touch-ups on the levels, I don't think I'm going to be able to get the demo out tonight. Maybe tomorrow or Monday, but definitely within the coming week (which may have started for many people).

Morphtorok wrote:

Discostew wrote:

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about remaking FFIV after making MM2 PTC.

Now that you mentioned that here, it makes it official!

Petit Fantasy IV- coming soon from the creator of MM2 PTC.

Why'd you gone and do that??!?
Coming soon? Heck no!

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Eel

@discord up there: lol, coming soon in 2016.

Here's todays project update. My mom played animal crossing most of the day but I still added more flower colors and other small items,, the biggest addition however is the hammer! It is used to remove house parts and floors to be able to relocate them.

I also decided to add a small mushroom next to the starter house. My plan is to make it so the player needs to use that mushroom to generate enough resources to buy/make the axe. The fence part is there as a tip, I want to make it so mushrooms grow randomly everyday next to fences.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gimmemorecoinz

Did anyone see my post about this?
http://imgur.com/sl6juW5

Also. Now I'm having issues with petit computer and 64 by 64 sprites

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic