Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 9,620

swordx

I find sprites easyyyyyy. However, the only background commands I kno of are BGFILL and the load commands. Sprites are much better.

I saw that Waffle confessed on the PTC Wiki...I knew it...

swordx

bloodofgore

I'll repeat my question if you guys don't mind :3

How do I make something happen when said player goes over a specific tile. For example, stop the play from moving into a wall, make a play die when they enter water, etc.

bloodofgore

Hairmanban19

Can you load sprites into a program while a SCRED file is loaded in a program at the same time? Cause @TwinArmageddonz is making me some sprites for the full game of my first person RPG,and i just wanted to know if i could load those sprites into my program while a SCRED file is loaded into it to make it look like the sprites are in the SCRED file. Or should i only use sprites and no SCRED files?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

Just added togglable map sizes! Thru the options menu, you can change 16x16 or 32x32 maps! Tomorrow I will replace jump with sprint and start on saving, and possibly finish saving this Saturday! Which means? The last version of Alpha this Sunday! Uugghhhh... Now I get to have fun making more blocks with block IDs... (hlp me plz dis hrts mi breen o nu i dun leik hrt breen)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

swordx wrote:

I saw that Waffle confessed on the PTC Wiki...I knew it...

I think we all did

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

InsertPi

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Can you load sprites into a program while a SCRED file is loaded in a program at the same time? Cause @TwinArmageddonz is making me some sprites for the full game of my first person RPG,and i just wanted to know if i could load those sprites into my program while a SCRED file is loaded into it to make it look like the sprites are in the SCRED file. Or should i only use sprites and no SCRED files?

I'm not sure if you can load in SCR files while another SCR file is already open in SCREWED, but you can try!

Discostew

bloodofgore wrote:

I'll repeat my question if you guys don't mind :3

How do I make something happen when said player goes over a specific tile. For example, stop the play from moving into a wall, make a play die when they enter water, etc.

This is one of the more difficult subjects because it deals with collision detection with the background layers, which means you'll have to code it all yourself. Sprites have this feature built in, so what people have done is made "invisible" sprites, and placed them in areas where things are, like a wall, and determined if the player sprite is colliding with this "sprite wall" with SPHIT. You can do the same thing with deadly water, but you need to figure out how to distinguish a wall and deadly water. You can store values in the sprites with SPSETV, like 1 is a wall, and 2 is water, then when you collide, you read these values using SPGETV, and deal with the situation however you want.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

You can. My title screen for Dungeon Adventure does it.

swordx

randomous

@Morphtorok Wait, fishing AND bug catching? This is sounding mighty fishy... Lol just kidding, this looks awesome! I can't wait to try even a preview (I've already tried the old one you had before).

randomous

Thecoolguy617

Im not requesting anyone.. just tosing around some ideas... Hows about sonic on petit computer?

Thecoolguy617

Pixelrobin

Arduino + TVout library = TV programming. I'll be busy making my own console guys! I love this!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

I always loved playing Sonic. I thought about that but I think I'll make a fighting game next after I'm done with Apocalypse Rising and my other fighting..wait a minute, two???
Anyway I might not be working for a while because I resurrected my old PSP.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok Wait, fishing AND bug catching? This is sounding mighty fishy... Lol just kidding, this looks awesome! I can't wait to try even a preview (I've already tried the old one you had before).

Lol, I'm not sure if bug catching will make the cut though. Programming bugs seems like a pain
If it does, it will be pretty simple.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok You can cough cough adapt mine cough cough. Uhhhh I didn't say anything lol.

randomous

InsertPi

Decided to go on and implement save files. It was harder making the menu for saving than the saving itself! xD You can now save your 16x16 or 32x32 worlds. Unfortunately, you can only have 1 16x16 map saved and 1 32x32 map saved. I intend to make more "worlds" where you can name them and have infinite worlds. I will add sprinting then post the QRs tomorrow or Saturday! Alpha 1.5 is almost here!

swordx

I haz a question: Can decimal numbers be saved n GRP files? If so, then I can divide the value of GOLD so it can fit, and then multiply it out again.

swordx

Discostew

swordx wrote:

I haz a question: Can decimal numbers be saved n GRP files? If so, then I can divide the value of GOLD so it can fit, and then multiply it out again.

Yes, but it takes a little bit of tinkering. Separate the "whole" number and the "fractional". Getting the whole number is simple by doing (whole_number=FLOOR(entire_number)) on the entire value, but, save it in a separate variable, because you can then use that variable to get the fractional by doing (frac_number=entire_number-whole_number).

When saving, save the "whole" number as-is. When saving the fractional, multiply by 4096, then save that number. (1/4096 is the smallest fractional that PTC recognizes, so multiplying by 4096 gives a whole number). When reading, read the "whole" number as-is, but when reading the fractional, read it, then divide it by 4096. Then combine the two together.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Gimmemorecoinz

Well..
I know it's been a while since I posted the forum seems to move in slow paces then have bursts.
For anyone out there wondering about making a group project we should have a poll or a vote or something on what it will be.
Maybe something that implements simple graphics and sprites, and some kind of level system (either a level up system or a linear stage system where there's levels then a boss or challenge stage then another section etc"

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

KennyBob

Today for my horror game project I will start working on the player, the "keys" and the killer
And I will also work on the layout of the house which is where the game will take place. I will
Post updates about the game almost daily if I can.

I'm Kenny, KennyBob

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic