Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 9,620

InsertPi

Discostew wrote:

PetitProfessor wrote:

I am seriously making this game give me your Gmail account I will send you some pictures and a video and maybe the qr codes for the demo

If you are serious about it, then begin the ground work for your game and demonstrate it to us before you ask people to contribute. You don't have to have elaborate detail. You could make billboard squares for the weapons for all we care, but having the ground work for adding those in should be first priority before asking people to spend time on something that, quite frankly, looks to be impossible on PTC.

I agree. If we saw that this was truly being made, then we have people that'd be more than happy to help!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

KennyBob

thanks @PetitProfessor. once i get the design done and the characters made i will work on the layout and coding of the game. im also thinking about the sound fx for the game. that will be made later on. but i will work on the game as much as possible.

I'm Kenny, KennyBob

InsertPi

Yay I just made my first thing with sprites! Lol not much all it is is a SPSET command and a couple SPOFS commands.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Let's start a group project! We could make the design simple. And then have people take turns programming on it like we did for the contest and listing the changes they made as they go along.

Sounds great. I know this is a past page, but why not?
I may not be as experienced as most people posting here, but I know some stuff that can be helpful.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

KennyBob wrote:

im kenny and it would be really cool if someone could make a horror game possibly similar to clock tower. using petit computer. im not saying it has to be an exact replica of clock tower. it can just be relevant if you know what i mean. honestly, i probably wouldnt be able to because im kinda new to ptcom. but i am still learning about it and how to use it. but anyways, it would be super cool if someone could start a project like that thanks. (sorry for the sorta long comment)

-KennyBob

You want DS horror? Buy Resident Evil Deadly Silence and play it as Chris Redfield. (Hard Mode) That stuff's insane.

Slayer

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Yay I just made my first thing with sprites! Lol not much all it is is a SPSET command and a couple SPOFS commands.

Loading sprites has always been more difficult than it ever looked.

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Let's start a group project! We could make the design simple. And then have people take turns programming on it like we did for the contest and listing the changes they made as they go along.

Sounds great. I know this is a past page, but why not?
I may not be as experienced as most people posting here, but I know some stuff that can be helpful.

Oh! I want in! I can do a lot with text and such, and I can find ways to do things easily that'd normally be hard to do! Just please don't ask me to do anything with sprites...

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

I'm developing my own programming language called Proscript! I'll post a taste of it.
In PTC, you'd do this:

ACLS
CLEAR
INPUT "WHAT'S YOUR NAME";N$
PRINT "HI, " n$ "!"

In Proscript, you'd do this:

START.PROGRAM
CLEARALL TYPE.ALL
SETUP.SCREENL(1)
PRINT "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"
SETUP.VAR.A AS TYPE.STR
INPUT STR(A)
INSPECT:ELEMENT;STR(A)
_PRINT "HI, ":STR(A):"!"
END:PROGRAM

These are the basics.

Edited on by InsertPi

Discostew

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

I'm developing my own programming language called Proscript! I'll post a taste of it.
In PTC, you'd do this:

ACLS
CLEAR
PRINT "HI, " n$ "!"

START.PROGRAM
CLEARALL TYPE.ALL
SETUP.SCREENL(1)
SETUP.VAR.A AS TYPE.STR
INPUT STR(A)

These are the basics.

Might I inquire the purpose of it? Do you plan to make a converter that will convert your Proscript commands to PTC? I'm just asking because it seems a little off-topic.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Discostew wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

In PTC, you'd do this:

ACLS
CLEAR
PRINT "HI, " n$ "!"

START.PROGRAM
CLEARALL TYPE.ALL
SETUP.SCREENL(1)
SETUP.VAR.A AS TYPE.STR
INPUT STR(A)

These are the basics.

Might I inquire the purpose of it? Do you plan to make a converter that will convert your Proscript commands to PTC? I'm just asking because it seems a little off-topic.

I was considering... It'd use a LOT of MID$, though...

bloodofgore

Ok, I have just a slight question.

Can someone explain in detail how to make sprite levels in PTC? For example, how do I make it so when a player crosses over said tile, some will happen like not being able to cross it, dies when crossing it, etc.

bloodofgore

Slayer

Okay, I have a PIC controller with no knowledge of how to use it. I have an excellent idea for a game, but I don't know how to program on it. I assume I either put in the drive for a keyboard and do that, or maybe use a text editor and transfer it via Micro SD?
I'm guessing it's strategy 2. It makes sense. I kind of prefer C++ because I know games run best on the C languages. I just like BASIC because I saw a future in programming for myself and saw BASIC as a perfect way to start. Okay, back to game work...
EDIT: I have knowledge of THAT. But no knowledge of C++. Reading time.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

@bloodofgore here's how to make custom music:

DATA ":0@1T120O4V100"

This is the first step. The :0 means to play on channel 0. There can be up to 8(?) channels playing at once. The @1 means to play a piano. The T120 means to play at a tempo of 120 bpm. The O4 means to start in the 4th octave. V100 means to play at a volume of 100.
There's where you start. Now to make the music!

DATA "C4D4E4F4G4A4B4<C4"

This plays a C major scale. The syntax for this is <Note><Kind of note>. Note means as in C, E, etc. Kind of note means quarter (4), eighth (8), etc. If you were to just put:

DATA "C4D4E4F4G4A4B4C4"

then it would play, but the last C is in the wrong octave! More symbols! < means "up an octave". > means "down an octave". So you'd do B4<C4. Now, you may be saying "that's a lot of 4s!" Don't worry! The default note is a quarter note, so you can actually put:

DATA "CDEFGAB<C"

Now for some final things to note. - and + after a note means flat and sharp respectively. R means rest, and can be treated the same as a note when doing R2. To finish it off, you need to put:

DATA 0

This means that the song has ended. When you finish, it should look like this:

@SONGDATA
DATA ":0@1T120O4V100"
DATA "A2<C2D2D2+E2G2A2"
DATA 0

This is the code for the A minor scale. To play the music, do this:

BGMCLEAR 128
BGMSETD 128,@SONGDATA
BGMPLAY 128

BGMCLEAR means to get rid of any track on 128. BGMSETD sets the data under @label to the number you chose. BGMPLAY just plays the music.
There you go! Custom music!

Edited on by InsertPi

KennyBob

I started making the first "room" using the tiles I made. I'm not done making tiles yet but I have a good start. The project isnt anywhere close to finish but Im trying to put as much detail in the game as possible.

Edited on by KennyBob

I'm Kenny, KennyBob

damolii

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Not really lol. I started using sprites my second day of PTC. Now backgrounds, that's a different story XD

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Not really lol. I started using sprites my second day of PTC. Now backgrounds, that's a different story XD

Second day?!?! It's been over a month for me and I just now learned how!

Hairmanban19

I set up a wiki page for that first person RPG i made a while ago. Surprisingly,i have been getting a lot of praise for it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Discostew

damolii wrote:

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Heh, sounds like the opposite for me. Sprites on the actual hardware was one thing, but the way PTC handles sprites didn't click with me at first. Backgrounds, however, seemed more in line with how I handled them on the actual hardware and with previous handhelds devices.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

damolii

Discostew wrote:

damolii wrote:

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Heh, sounds like the opposite for me. Sprites on the actual hardware was one thing, but the way PTC handles sprites didn't click with me at first. Backgrounds, however, seemed more in line with how I handled them on the actual hardware and with previous handhelds devices.

Sprites always made more sense to me. Even now, I try to not use complex backgrounds. But the way my walking engine is made, I'm gonna have to find a way to use backgrounds for battles. I'm gonna need a grass background, so when you mingle in that certain background, it triggers a battle. Kinda like Pokemon.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic