Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 9,620

InsertPi

programmerpro wrote:

I need help on graphics and sprites like using GLINE and GCIRCLE and anything else you know.

I can help with graphics.
To set up for graphics, you need to do something like this:

GCLS:GPAGE 0:GCOLOR 15

GCLS clears all the graphics. GPAGE 0 tells the system that you want to draw on the top screen. GPAGE 1 is the bottom screen. GCOLOR 15 says that you want to draw in white. You can also change the number for different colours.
To make a dot, do this:

GPSET x coord,y coord

To make a line, do this:

GLINE x start point,y start point,x end point,y end point

To make a circle, you do this:

GCIRCLE x coord,y coord,radius

These are the basics. If you want to know more advanced graphics, just ask! I'm always happy to help. To make moving graphics, use variables instead of numbers. Hope this helps you a little. You might want to ask someone like @randomous for sprites. I don't even know how to place a sprite (is it SPSET?)

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson620 uhh, Great! I'll edit the next version and put a ".1" at the end. I had more ideas than that. Some including ways to get damaged. Then I'll make RCedit!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson620 uhh, Great! I'll edit the next version and put a ".1" at the end. I had more ideas than that. Some including ways to get damaged. Then I'll make RCedit!

Have fun! (btw the coding can be extremely confusing)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

randomous

Why does everyone think I'm the sprite master? The sprites in my game are very simple, so I'm no master lol. Anyway:

SPSET Control number, sprite character number, palette number, horizontal rotation, vertical rotation, order of precedence

This will make a sprite which you can come back to and identify with "Control number" (0-99). You pick this number, so remember it later. The "sprite character number" is the number of the sprite in the sprite sheet. You can use the default sprites if you want to; they have their sprite number listed below them in the "Help" section of Petit Computer. Palette number will color the sprite based on a palette. You're only allowed 16 palettes (0-15) and they're all preset, so try them out. Horizontal rotation just flips the sprite horizontally, much like vertical rotation flips it vertically. Order of precedence tells the sprite where to appear. The screen has many different layers, so this number places it "between" two of them (unless it's at the front). You can place it one of four locations (0-3), where 0 is right in front, and 3 is near the back.

This sprite will now just appear in the corner of the screen. You can move it around with SPOFS:

SPOFS control number,x,y [,interpolation time]

The square brackets mean that the thing inside is optional. The control number is that ID we gave the sprite with SPSET; that first number, remember? X and Y are the screen positions; hopefully you know about that (and if you don't, you can test it out). Interpolation time is optional (you can stop at y) and it allows you to specify how many frames it would take for that sprite to get to the new position. If you don't include this number, it is instant. Note that if you try to use SPOFS with interpolation, then immediately after (before it's finished moving) try to move it again, it will give you odd results.

If you want to animate your sprite, you use

SPANIM control number, number of frames, time between frames

There's that control number again... it's a good thing we gave the sprite an ID to identify it. The number of frames is how many frames this animation will be. SPANIM uses the sprites that immediately follow the sprite you originally chose (plus the one you chose) as the animation. The time between frames is the amount of time (in screen frames/fps, not sprite animation frames) that is inserted between each frame of animation. A higher number gives you a slower animation, while 1 gives you the fastest animation. 0 is an error, so don't do that.

If you want to get rid of this sprite later, it's as easy as:

SPCLR control number.

If you forgo the control number, you'll just erase all sprites. Be careful!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

Why does everyone think I'm the sprite master?

Because you are.

boot

@IAmAperson20 I wanted to know if your still taking help for raycraft. I am very interested in the game and ive been messing around with texture blocks. I made about 5 one of them is a wood. its not perfect. I have 8*8 and I need to make 16. I was wondering if you knew the whole pallet for each number in the data commands. I had to do random numbers until I found them. All I need to do is learn how to do qrs. I was wondering one more thing. I made it on my game so you look with b and y. could you make it so you look with those and place and remove blocks with the touch screen. or look with the touch screen. thanks. sorry its so long.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

InsertPi

boot wrote:

@IAmAperson20 I wanted to know if your still taking help for raycraft. I am very interested in the game and ive been messing around with texture blocks. I made about 5 one of them is a wood. its not perfect. I have 8*8 and I need to make 16. I was wondering if you knew the whole pallet for each number in the data commands. I had to do random numbers until I found them. All I need to do is learn how to do qrs. I was wondering one more thing. I made it on my game so you look with b and y. could you make it so you look with those and place and remove blocks with the touch screen. or look with the touch screen. thanks. sorry its so long.

I'm always taking help! Thanks for making textures. The palette #s are under the Help menu. The new controls I have are:
L and R - Left and right
X - Jump
D-pad - Move
Y - Chat
B - Place block
A - Remove block
If you like, in the next version, I can add a Controls menu so that you can edit your controls.

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

Does the game need a chat option?

Isn't that kind of... Useless?

It's not all useless. I have a couple commands like /quality and /fps that actually do something, but the rest is kinda just for fun.

InsertPi

Raycraft Alpha 1.4 is complete! Changelog:
*Adjusted controls
*Added breaking/placing blocks
*New spawn is an open world instead of a maze-like world
*Fixed the diagonal wall glitch that causes you to crash
It may be hard to position yourself to place blocks, as I have not added a wireframe thing yet. It will be easier to add it in if it has it's own block ID, which won't be supported until Beta. I will post the QRs and update the wiki once I have access to my mom's computer. (My SD card reader for my computer broke)

Edited on by InsertPi

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

Why does everyone think I'm the sprite master? The sprites in my game are very simple, so I'm no master lol.

So sayeth the sprite master.

Anyway, are you going to repost this on Tutorial thread or your blog? Great tutorial material you have there, even if most of it comes from the Help file.

EDIT:
I have some explanations on my blogspot. Search for Petit Computer Journal. I'm in the process of transferring PTC Journal to simpleton.blogspot.com for ease access. It has directory pages for various topics. It's rather slow going, though. Apparently, my Internet connection is shaky. I'm doing it on my Raspberry Pi, as well.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

boot

That would be great @IAmAPerson20

randomous

@ramstrong I can put it in the tutorial thread if you want. Yes, it is all from the "help section", but you know... that's where I learned it from lol. You're working on your Raspberry Pi??? Goodness... why?

randomous

boot

@IAmAPerson20 another thing I added was running. pressing y button will make the speed go up then go down when released.

InsertPi

@EveryoneTalkingAboutBetterControls I will add a "Controls" menu in Alpha 1.5 so everyone's happy with controls.

Hairmanban19

@IAmAPerson620 raycraft is awesome and its about time for somebody to do something like this! Keep up the good work. @Everyone now i have access to my internet. Last night my transformer blew up and broke a bunch of stuff in my house that were plugged into the wall,but the people that were supposed to replace the transformer a long time ago gave us enough money to replace our broken stuff with better ones like:new refrigerator,new tv,new clothes dryer,and some other stuff,so now i'm happy.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic