Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 9,620

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

Curse my weak PC. I can't get to the page!!!

Lol. My computer is boss (like all of my things(and me ))

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Anyone else have a big game they're working on and worried if it'll get done before petit computer dies out?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Eel

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Anyone else have a big game they're working on and worried if it'll get done before petit computer dies out?

That would only ruin things if you're making the game for the attention you would receive.

Anyway, these kinds of things rarely die too fast, they always keep a dedicated following... Even if it's small.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

That would only ruin things if you're making the game for the attention you would receive.

Anyway, these kinds of things rarely die too fast, they always keep a dedicated following... Even if it's small.

First off, I'm not making this for attention. I'm making this for the enjoyment of others and myself. Second, I don't know a second point. Third, thanks for reassuring me that this will be around for a good while longer.

randomous

@Morphtorok Found any more bugs in Village? Or are you done, lol?

Edit: I guess nobody cared about the "scrolling credits" thing. Oh well.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

randomous

@Morhptorok Cool, thanks for playing! There's a rather ugly rock-on-a-pathway glitch that I fixed for 1.0.3. I also made it WAY easier to make money off of fish in that version, so if you like fishing, you should totally get it. Plus you get to see yourself in the credits, which are pretty fancy if I do say so myself!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@Morhptorok Cool, thanks for playing! There's a rather ugly rock-on-a-pathway glitch that I fixed for 1.0.3. I also made it WAY easier to make money off of fish in that version, so if you like fishing, you should totally get it. Plus you get to see yourself in the credits, which are pretty fancy (if I do say so myself)!

Who all are in the credits?

InsertPi

Anyone wanna make textures for Raycraft? I will need grass, stone, wood planks, and cobblestone - all 8x8 and 16x16. I will need them in about a month, but I'd like to know who all will be making them. Look on page 200 for how to make them. Thanks!

randomous

@IAmAPerson620 People who suggested stuff that was added, people who reported bugs, and people who (in some way or another) helped. For instance, @ramstrong is in the credits because of his blog post about saving in GRPs (which made it possible to make the game). @Discostew is in the credits because of his blog posts about... stuff (I don't remember what it was now lol). Did you want to be in the credits?

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 People who suggested stuff that was added, people who reported bugs, and people who (in some way or another) helped. For instance, @ramstrong is in the credits because of his blog post about saving in GRPs (which made it possible to make the game). @Discostew is in the credits because of his blog posts about... stuff (I don't remember what it was now lol). Did you want to be in the credits?

It'd be amazing to be in the credits of a game as popular as Village, but I did nothing to deserve being in the credits.

randomous

@IAmAPerson620 Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think Village is quite that popular lol. I sure do like to "advertise" it a lot though. I'll add a "And all the people over at Nintendo Life for being so cool" line to the Special Thanks section lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

Morphtorok wrote:

@ramstrong: ! Never thought of it that way, I kept thinking of the triangle as lines instead of coordinates. Thanks for the idea. I'll try it later when my mom stops playing animal crossing with my 3DS. Not sure if that will solve the problem though lol.

Btw, O is actually 0, as in zero. I had a bunch of x1s because I copied and pasted and noticed it too late.

Tell your mom to get her own 3DS. It seems the battery on my 3DS dies rather quickly. Not too sure that it's because I play ACNL too much.
Anyway, the second technique definitely works. That's what I've been using so far. I'll be trying the first technique sometime soon, after several other projects are finished. I need to get hustle soon. Too much ACNL.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think Village is quite that popular lol. I sure do like to "advertise" it a lot though. I'll add a "And all the people over at Nintendo Life for being so cool" line to the Special Thanks section lol.

The only games more poplular are MM2 and SSB...Your game is VERY popular.

swordx

InsertPi

TexMurphy wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

I started a baseball game, a space alien side scroller, a hatsune miku side scroller, a simple rpg, a racing game, bible program and never finished any of them. lol. I even tried 3d graphics. I have a question about your mincraft game. Wheres the rats? Oh wait its not a Windows 95 screen saver. The real question is when I cancel the game I cannot use gcls to clear the screen, why?

Use ACLS to clear the screen. I don't know why GCLS won't work, even though I have stuff like GFILL, GLINE, etc.

Discostew

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

TexMurphy wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

I started a baseball game, a space alien side scroller, a hatsune miku side scroller, a simple rpg, a racing game, bible program and never finished any of them. lol. I even tried 3d graphics. I have a question about your mincraft game. Wheres the rats? Oh wait its not a Windows 95 screen saver. The real question is when I cancel the game I cannot use gcls to clear the screen, why?

Use ACLS to clear the screen. I don't know why GCLS won't work, even though I have stuff like GFILL, GLINE, etc.

GCLS clears the graphic layer that is set for drawing, which isn't necessarily the one being displayed. If you've changed it with GPAGE, then it might be clearing a different page than the one you want cleared.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

damolii

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

slayer wrote:

I have an integrated Family G33/G31 chipset. I still remember the conman's face when he tricked me and my parents with a trial of FATE

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Gimmemorecoinz

damolii wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

slayer wrote:

I have an integrated Family G33/G31 chipset. I still remember the conman's face when he tricked me and my parents with a trial of FATE

Just save up 500 dollars or so and buy yoursel fa nice little intel I3

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

InsertPi

BIG NEWS - I think I have fixed the "Digging you face into a wall" glitch you guys have been talking about, but I need you guys to help test it. Load the Raycraft program in the editor. Then scroll down to line 100. You should see something that looks similar to this:

J=I+Q-1
IF TXTRS==16 THEN P=96-CAMB+H...

Insert the line:

IF H>13000 THEN H=13000

in there, so it now looks like this:

J=I+Q-1
IF H>13000 THEN H=13000

Try digging your face into walls and tell me if it crashes any. I have been unable to reproduce the glitch after doing this.

twinArmageddons

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

BIG NEWS - I think I have fixed the "Digging you face into a wall" glitch you guys have been talking about, but I need you guys to help test it. Load the Raycraft program in the editor. Then scroll down to line 100. You should see something that looks similar to this:

J=I+Q-1

Insert the line:

IF H>13000 THEN H=13000

in there, so it now looks like this:

J=I+Q-1
IF H>13000 THEN H=13000

Try digging your face into walls and tell me if it crashes any. I have been unable to reproduce the glitch after doing this.

thank you this is awesome i can finally walk around without having that constant fear that i will walk into a wall and it will crash :3
i will now proceed to worship you as my lord and savior

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic