Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 9,620

bobliefeld

Did you have a RETURN after your GOSUB?

bobliefeld

noxuss

bobliefeld wrote:

Did you have a RETURN after your GOSUB?

I did actually, it would give me the error 'return without GOSUB'. If I didn't add the return, it would go through all of the code . Oh, and also, if you guys think I should change things, can you change the actual code? I'm more of a visual person, thanks :3

noxuss

damolii

@roxuss I wasn't sure about the GOSUB because I use background scrolling, but I was 100% about the BTRIG XD. Did the BUTTON() help??

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

Almost 200 pages!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

noxuss wrote:

The game is great

I haven't tried it but it seems pretty cool. Maybe once you get adding/removing blocks down you can add more layers (height) to it.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

twinArmageddons wrote:

i love the chat :3

I'm in the chat now. But I'm also AFK right now. Stay and talk to me ^^;

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

ramstrong

noxuss wrote:

I love you community on here ! Hmm, I see what you mean, thanks. Does anyone know of any simple array tutorials? Because I haven't dealt with them before, and I'm eager to learn .

I repost a couple of my earlier post in Tutorial thread. You should check it out over there.

Regarding RETURN error: Petit Computer is an interpreter, so you'll have an error if the program run into RETURN without GOSUB

'Start here
@GO
'blah blah
RETURN

GOSUB @GO

That will cause an error. The solution is either put all your main routine at the top, use END to end the program so it will never spill to the subroutine section, or just put the main at the end and goto there immediately

'start here
GOTO @MAIN

@GO
'blah blah
RETURN

@MAIN
GOSUB @GO
END

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

noxuss wrote:

The game is great

I haven't tried it but it seems pretty cool. Maybe once you get adding/removing blocks down you can add more layers (height) to it.

On the wiki under the future updates section, you will see all the things I am planning.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

InsertPi

Omg I didn't expect this much positive feedback! Thx guys! I will start progress on placing/breaking blocks in a few days; taking a break from programming. I think I have found a way to break/place blocks without having to edit a DATA string (which is impossible). I have the level data like this:

@LEVELDAT
DATA 1,1,1,1
DATA 1,0,0,1
DATA 1,0,0,1
DATA 1,1,1,1

This sets an indestructible barrier around the play area (the real thing will be a lot bigger). From then, I edit the arrays that correspond to the 0s themselves, instead of DATA. Finally, draw the map!

Edited on by InsertPi

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson do your stuff then can I edit it?

pllleeeaaasseee?

I gots some ideas. The main one though is to use a MEM or GRP file for textures.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson do your stuff then can I edit it?

pllleeeaaasseee?

I gots some ideas. The main one though is to use a MEM or GRP file for textures.

Of course! You may mod Raycraft. I just ask that you only take credit for what you changed. I would've used MEM or GRP files for the textures, but the way I have textures being loaded, it is impossible to use other files to store textures. I think it is possible, but you would have to change a lot of the texture loading engine to make it work.

twinArmageddons

i figured out how to animate 64x128 sprites

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

swordx

@Hairmanban19

I'm...not sure if I'll use th cactus (sorry...),however, I think that the flowers are GREAT, and will allow for more detailed areas. Thank you!!!

swordx

Soultic

Hey guys My computers fixed so Beat the dragon became abandoned and my old OverworlDS project...
HAS
BEEN
REDONE!
Thats right completely redone and now its look so much better! It looks like a 2d minecraft now, and im creating as my first mode a map called...
Zero-G Sky Survival
In Zero-G maps they have low physics, so most blocks can be placed anywhere you want on the screen. Sky Survival maps are basically Sky Blocks maps.(from minecraft). So yeah its pretty cool being redone. Im making it so that you have normal mode which contains the normal games like creating a new world and loading characters and stuff. Sky mode contains that, Sky maps. You can creat sky maps that is kinda like the aether in minecraft, And you can unlock a special mode by finding the Underworld in Normal mode. The special mode is called The Pit, which is like a nether survival.
And characters, they can save there inventory and can be used in other maps, kinda like terraria. Its pretty awesome now!XD

"Lets fight fire with fire!" "won't that just burn the house down?"

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

@Hairmanban19

I'm...not sure if I'll use th cactus (sorry...),however, I think that the flowers are GREAT, and will allow for more detailed areas. Thank you!!!

Yeah,sorry about the cactus sprites(they look horrible).... Any more sprites i should make to detail areas more?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

Yay!!..... The 200th page!!!

Hairmanban19

Soultic wrote:

Hey guys My computers fixed so Beat the dragon became abandoned and my old OverworlDS project...
HAS
BEEN
REDONE!
Thats right completely redone and now its look so much better! It looks like a 2d minecraft now, and im creating as my first mode a map called...
Zero-G Sky Survival
In Zero-G maps they have low physics, so most blocks can be placed anywhere you want on the screen. Sky Survival maps are basically Sky Blocks maps.(from minecraft). So yeah its pretty cool being redone. Im making it so that you have normal mode which contains the normal games like creating a new world and loading characters and stuff. Sky mode contains that, Sky maps. You can creat sky maps that is kinda like the aether in minecraft, And you can unlock a special mode by finding the Underworld in Normal mode. The special mode is called The Pit, which is like a nether survival.
And characters, they can save there inventory and can be used in other maps, kinda like terraria. Its pretty awesome now!XD

Sounds cool! But.... How much have you programmed it? All of that content might no be able to fit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic