Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 9,620

damolii

@Gimmemorecoinz Thx for telling us you're awake. We couldn't have possibly guessed that from you posting a comment XD

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Gimmemorecoinz

Okay if anyone is curious to see the code for the smash bros game I'm making. Here the code is as it stands:
http://pastebin.com/rjS4W6Gz

I'm about to paste in some music and start working on the game intro. It's going to suck. it's going to be just text right now.
But, it's going to hopefully be enoyable..

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

swordx wrote:

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Adventure_2:_The_...

^ That's the new wiki page for Dungeon Adventure 2.

Why is it so distracting!! I'm trying to work! Lol jk. let's see this stuff :3

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

InsertPi

I have decided to implement texture packs! Unfortunately, you will have to manually use APPEND to paste the texture data in to the PRG:RAYCRAFT. Yes; that is the name I have decided to give it. Raycaster+Minecraft=Raycraft! Do you like the name? Tomorrow, I will release the QRs for Raycraft and an release an example texture pack for you guys to work off of. You will have the option to make 8x8 or 16x16 packs, you just need to define a couple variables in the pack's coding. I will try to make it so easy that even @Hairmanban19 could do it! (Plz dun cry, I iz just kidin... Maik up hug?)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

Okay here's an update video! QR codes to come today. I just wanted to atleast add some music or something first and a very rudimentary menu.
Enjoy! I hope you're all excited.

TexMurphy

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Waffle003 Yeah,why don't you go read the Bible or something.

Funny you mentioned Bible. I was writing a program for it in PTC.
Untitled

TexMurphy

noxuss

Hey guys, I'm a complete nooby at this, but I need help. I know you can use spofs to make the sprite go to the coordnites, but I was wondering how to make the coordnites relative to another sprite. What I want is, I have a bullet, and I want it that once it is created, it goes from the players coords. So to put it simply, I want the bullet to appear from the players current coordnates. Thank you guys/gals

noxuss

Gimmemorecoinz

noxuss wrote:

Hey guys, I'm a complete nooby at this, but I need help. I know you can use spofs to make the sprite go to the coordnites, but I was wondering how to make the coordnites relative to another sprite. What I want is, I have a bullet, and I want it that once it is created, it goes from the players coords. So to put it simply, I want the bullet to appear from the players current coordnates. Thank you guys/gals

what you'd do is. you'd have variables for the x and y of the sprite

So you go

myspritex=100
myspritey=100

spset 0, charnumber, 0, 0, 0, 0, (optional spritesizex), (optional spritesizey)
currentbullet=0

shotabullet=0
@main

if button()==shootbutton then gosub @createbullet

goto @main

@createbullet

spset currentbullet, bulletspritenum, 0, 0, 0, 0, (optional bulletsizex), (optional bulletsizey)
spofs currentbullet, myspritex, myspritey, 0 '' this puts the bullet x and y at the players x and y location
'note you wont be able to move the bullets properly unless you use variables for each individual bullet's x and y position as well.
'it isn't as easy as just telling the bullet to sit there but this is for multiple bullets
'it's an inconcomplete solution to because it's meant to just show how you COULD do it. I hope this helps
return

Gimmemorecoinz

randomous wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz Wow, nice. Your SSB game looks great already!

Thanks. I probably won't work on it anymore today since i'm in alot of pain right now with my mouth. >.>
But I will post the QR codes.
I'm really glad you like it randomous.
I hope everyone else likes it to. :3
I'm excited to add more characters, and more moves for mario. Along with more stages. This is just the demo stage btw.
I'm going to add even more to it as I go along.

...it makes me wonder what that waffle's reaction may be. My guess is he'll either give up.. or he'll start trying to compete with mine.

twinArmageddons

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Okay here's an update video! QR codes to come today. I just wanted to atleast add some music or something first and a very rudimentary menu.

this looks awesome i cant wait to play it

im making pikachu sprites theyre 16x16 and theyre all handmade
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1995/oeuq.png

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Gimmemorecoinz

twinArmageddons wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

this looks awesome i cant wait to play it

im making pikachu sprites theyre 16x16 and theyre all handmade
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1995/oeuq.png

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I worked hard on this. And it's not even done yet :3

swordx

Yayyyyy! Dungeon Adventure 2 is now on the PTC Wiki poll.

EDIT: @Gimmemorecoinz

I think it's pretty cool. I hope you do well programming the AI. That could be tricky...

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Eel

BlackSpy wrote:

Question, how long did it take for any of you (with jobs or college if you have it) to make a simple game?

It took me a month to complete Petit Farm, and that's simple by this thread's standards.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gimmemorecoinz

Morphtorok wrote:

BlackSpy wrote:

Question, how long did it take for any of you (with jobs or college if you have it) to make a simple game?

It took me a month to complete Petit Farm, and that's simple by this thread's standards.

Check out my super smash bros game. I don't have a job. but it only took me a day or two to make it.
But that's after months of experience of messing with petit computer.
If you want to make simple games, like text based games you could get one started pretty well overnight if you know your BASIC

noxuss

TexMurphy wrote:

@noxuss
Look for my "Follow4" qr code on 163 of this forum. It demonstrates shooting up to six bullets from a character to a target in all directions.

I've actually had that for a while, but it was really past my understanding . And to the other person that replied to me, I'm confused on what to do. I did what you said but kept getting things like illegal function calls. Can anyone else try to tell me what he meant? It was a bit confusing, sorry. Could I use variables for the spofs coordnites? What would be the proper way of writing that?

Spofs 0,xvar,yvar,0? Would that work? Sorry for the questions and stupidity of me

noxuss

ramstrong

noxuss wrote:

TexMurphy wrote:

@noxuss
Look for my "Follow4" qr code on 163 of this forum. It demonstrates shooting up to six bullets from a character to a target in all directions.

I've actually had that for a while, but it was really past my understanding . And to the other person that replied to me, I'm confused on what to do. I did what you said but kept getting things like illegal function calls. Can anyone else try to tell me what he meant? It was a bit confusing, sorry. Could I use variables for the spofs coordnites? What would be the proper way of writing that?

Spofs 0,xvar,yvar,0? Would that work? Sorry for the questions and stupidity of me

I think maybe it's time for you to post your code, so we can assess your level of understanding. It's okay to try and fail, but without any specifics, we can't help you. Here's what I think what you want to do: You have a character(sprite 1) who shoots a bullet (sprite 2), and you want the bullet to go from the character (sprite 1) to somewhere (could be the direction he's facing, or maybe a particular enemy, or touch screen in stylus.)

You need:
1. Create the sprites SPSET for both the character and the bullet.
2. Read the current position of the character SPREAD
3. Get the desired destination coordinates, and the time (in frames) to get there. Use SPOFS.

For example: Here's a boy (1)shooting a fireball(2) 200 pixels away to the right in 100 frames.
SPSET 1,64,0,0,0,0
SPSET 2,142,0,0,0,0

'PUT THE BOY AT COORDINATE 30,50
SPOFS 1,30,50
WAIT 300

'READ BOY POSITION
SPREAD(1),X,Y
'SET FIREBALL TO BOY POSITION
SPOFS 2,X,Y
'SHOOT FIREBALL TO DESIRED DESTINATION AND TIME FRAME
SPOFS 2,X+200,Y,100

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

BlackSpy wrote:

Mine is usually done in a few hours. I did a hangman game in one hour. It's not the programming, it's the testing and game refinement that is a problem.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

...it makes me wonder what that waffle's reaction may be. My guess is he'll either give up.. or he'll start trying to compete with mine.

Probably just wait until you finish, download the game, and substitute his name for yours.

Petit Computer Journal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic