Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 9,620

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

slayer wrote:

Apparently posts are coming up fast. So I think everyone should go to the live chat maybe if they want and we can all group up and discuss projects and programs.

Go ahead join the chat your more than welcome to. I'm in there right now i've been idling in there waiting for ppl to join and say something since my post about it yesterday :3

Cool. I'm in there and I see you there, everyone, it's the chat posted by @IAmAPerson if anyone wants to join and talk about their projects, seek help, or anything.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@Gimmemorecoinz I agree.

@swordx I haven't gotten anything from you, have you sent them? If so, something must have happened to them... it's [email protected]. Don't forget the 98!

@Morphtorok I updated Village to fix the bugs you mentioned. If you just can't live with them (I mean, crashing is pretty bad), you only have to scan 40 QR codes this time.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@swordx Well, thank you! I did put a lot of work into it with the hopes that people would enjoy it. I'm not trying to make the biggest, best game ever (I'll leave that up to people like @Discostew and the guy making the pokemon remake-with-extras), I just want people to enjoy it, that's all. Thanks for the compliments, and again, sorry that I get a little "jumpy" sometimes.

lol It's okay. I blame myself for saying something that made you upset!

Yeah, I think those two will make the best PTC games (although the Pokemon people won't make a game up to their expectations. I don't think 600 unique Pokemon are possible on PTC). I think that I'll enjoy Pokemon the most, despite the fact that Mega Man will display a better mastery of BASIC.

lols I better get Dungeon Adventure 2 out before it gets overshadowed by those great projects!

Sorry for asking this, but can you help me release an update for Dungeon Adventure? It fixes 2 bugs, one of which causes the game to crash.

EDIT: Morphtroid has returned!!! Celebrates

Well,if DA2 gets overshadowed by those other games. I will always like DA more!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I don't know why but I had a bit of a hard time trying to explain to hairmanban19 how coordinates work.
I tried explaining to start with the X from the top left corner then count across from the left to the right each square. 0, 1, 2
And then again from the top left corner, but only going DOWN. 0, 1, 2
I also tried to explain it's similiar to battleship but the letters are also numbers.
And X always goes across and Y always goes down and when you add to x your moving RIGHT and when you subtract from X your moving left.
I think he got it and understood but we didn't get to finish the conversation because he left abruptly while I was away helping a friend with something.
I'm guessing that not everyone on this forum stays logged into it for long periods of time. Or not everyone who goes on here is able to stay online for more than an hour at a time. :/ Atleast it seems that way in his case? o.0
Anyways I tried to help him understand coordinates, and I think he might have understood it for the most part :3 The chat is so much faster.

Sorry,i told you i was leaving though.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

randomous wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz I agree.

@swordx I haven't gotten anything from you, have you sent them? If so, something must have happened to them... it's [email protected]. Don't forget the 98!

@Morphtorok I updated Village to fix the bugs you mentioned. If you just can't live with them (I mean, crashing is pretty bad), you only have to scan 40 QR codes this time.

Oops, I put in 2 Ms

Try it now.

EDIT: @Hairmanban19 Thanks for the support. How far have you gotten? I hope it isn't too hard w/o a save feature...

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I don't know why but I had a bit of a hard time trying to explain to hairmanban19 how coordinates work.
I tried explaining to start with the X from the top left corner then count across from the left to the right each square. 0, 1, 2
And then again from the top left corner, but only going DOWN. 0, 1, 2
I also tried to explain it's similiar to battleship but the letters are also numbers.
And X always goes across and Y always goes down and when you add to x your moving RIGHT and when you subtract from X your moving left.
I think he got it and understood but we didn't get to finish the conversation because he left abruptly while I was away helping a friend with something.
I'm guessing that not everyone on this forum stays logged into it for long periods of time. Or not everyone who goes on here is able to stay online for more than an hour at a time. :/ Atleast it seems that way in his case? o.0
Anyways I tried to help him understand coordinates, and I think he might have understood it for the most part :3 The chat is so much faster.

Sorry,i told you i was leaving though.

You joined the chat again and only waited two minutes. I'm sorry I didn't reply right away. You can join this chat: http://chat.parachat.com/roam/login.html?room=Petit_Computer_...

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Slayer

I'm there too. Follow the link.

Slayer

@Gimmemorecoinz here's my code-
CLS
PRINT "GLADIATORS"
BGMPLAY 3
X=11:Y=16:SELECT=0
PRINT "1.0"

LOCATE 10,16
PRINT "PRESS A!"
@MENU
VSYNC 1
B=BTRIG()
GOTO @TITLELOOP
Oh, now I see where I went wrong, lol I didn't even finish. I never made the title loop before. I get it.

Slayer

I feel like a dufus... the problem was I used a GOTO before I used the loop... well hi swordx and randomous!

Gimmemorecoinz

slayer wrote:

I feel like a dufus... the problem was I used a GOTO before I used the loop... well hi swordx and randomous!

LOL it's kinda funny.

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

randomous wrote:

Lol welcome to the club @slayer

While trying to code up a quick example.. I forgot to use the color parameter of gline and my line wasn't showing up.
Lol I was just testing the command so I could help someone else with it.
Derp.

Gimmemorecoinz

This is for whoever was using the username texmurphy in the chat :
a solution for scrolling and getting collision data of tiles or something

@drawtiles: for x=1 to mapsize: for y=1 to mapsize: bgput 0, (x-1)*tilesize+camera_x, (y-1)*tilesize+camera_Y, map(x, y), currentpalletenum, 0, 0

if you do this in a loop then you can do your collision checking in here to (with the tiles X, y coordinates plus X2, and Y2, plus tile type and check for solids
Before a movement.

Gimmemorecoinz

wow that's really strange. it seems like all of a sudden the whole forum went dead.

Slayer

Exactly. Good times though. I joined and you weren't talking.

Gimmemorecoinz

slayer wrote:

Exactly. Good times though. I joined and you weren't talking.

The log:
You have joined room: Petit_Computer_Chat
Welcome to our live chat room!
slayer has joined.
<slayer> sent sound: applause
slayer: lol hi
coder1: hi
coder1: welcome back
coder1: I posted a solution for texmurphy but he left just as I was about to paste it in
coder1: did you get your sprites working yet
<slayer> sent sound: babygiggle
<slayer> sent sound: babygiggle
coder1: lol
<slayer> sent sound: arrow-flying
slayer has left.

How is that not talking?

Pixelrobin

Boy, you leave for 2 hours and have 3 pages to read when you come back O.O

...kinda reminds me of swapnote...

@Ramstrong Have you by any chance heard of web-based codes?
Btw I'm making a forum-chat-live thingy

@Slayer, I don't, much... But according to my account page, i'm like 112

@Gimmiemorecoinz
Oh yeah, I learned (pretty much) the entire GameMaker language yesterday. Its that easy...

Funny how everyone still posts here for the live chat. I was afraid of this. SPAM SPAM SPAM

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@slayer Oops, sorry. I didn't notice your comment directed at me. I know his name is jamieyello, I just didn't know if everyone else knew. I guess I could have said "jamieyellow, the guy making pokemon" instead.

Were there any other comments directed at me that I missed? I'm sorry!

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@slayer Oops, sorry. I didn't notice your comment directed at me. I know his name is jamieyello, I just didn't know if everyone else knew. I guess I could have said "jamieyellow, the guy making pokemon" instead.

Were there any other comments directed at me that I missed? I'm sorry!

...I knew...

I'm going to release a new video of Dungeon Adventure 2 that features the first dungeon tonight.

EDIT: Hairmanban19, I posted this WITHOUT reading your comment. lol

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic