Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 9,620

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

UntitledUntitled Here are the QR codes for the demo of my first person RPG. There is about 5 different areas and one battle(thoughts,comments.etc) (ideas,suggestions.etc)

I like it better when all I have to do is type in a number, rather than typing the whole command. See if you can learn graphical commands and do it Mystery House style, instead of character based style.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

Hey @ramstrong, have you tried Village yet? I know you said you wanted to wait until it was done... but it's got a lot of stuff already. Just wondering, you don't have to. It's the featured game on the wiki! For now, at least. http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_Wiki

...Also, what am I not good at? Lol, just kidding.

Not yet. I have a great aversion to trying out programs with QR codes more than 6. It'd better be a great game if the QR numbers more than 20.

What are you not good at? Well, how about working on the compression so that I have to scan minimal QR count?
Congrats on being featured! Hey, I think NL staff should review your game, too!

Petit Computer Journal

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

UntitledUntitled Here are the QR codes for the demo of my first person RPG. There is about 5 different areas and one battle(thoughts,comments.etc) (ideas,suggestions.etc)

I like it better when all I have to do is type in a number, rather than typing the whole command. See if you can learn graphical commands and do it Mystery House style, instead of character based style.

Well,the only thing i know how to make with graphic commands is what @Texmurphy told me to do. So i would probably have to ask a bunch of questions and stuff but i don't know what questions to ask because the grapic commands confuse me.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

randomous

@ramstrong Haha, I can release a compressed version if you like (you still don't have to play it if you don't want). The reason I don't is because I just can't seem to scan compressed versions... Oh well, it's a good idea to release both I guess. Thanks for the suggestion!

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

Hey @ramstrong, have you tried Village yet? I know you said you wanted to wait until it was done... but it has a lot of stuff already. Just wondering, you don't have to. It's the featured game on the wiki! For now, at least. http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_Wiki

I'm sorry to say this, butttttt I haven't tried Village. The only life sim I like is Animal Crossing.

swordx

Waffle003

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Here's an update to the legend of zelda LTTP project I'm working on.
QR codes are here: http://imgur.com/mpl2W9y
People please let me know if the QR codes actually work. I scrapped them together quickly and chaotically and I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or not.

This is a great game! Keep it up! Do you mind if I use your Link sprite for Super Smash Bros? I have to draw all sprites by hand, so this would really help!

Waffle003

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

randomous wrote:

Hey @ramstrong, have you tried Village yet? I know you said you wanted to wait until it was done... but it's got a lot of stuff already. Just wondering, you don't have to. It's the featured game on the wiki! For now, at least. http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_Wiki

Not yet. I have a great aversion to trying out programs with QR codes more than 6. It'd better be a great game if the QR numbers more than 20.

What are you not good at? Well, how about working on the compression so that I have to scan minimal QR count?
Congrats on being featured! Hey, I think NL staff should review your game, too!

Have you tried Dungeon Adventure? THAT has a lot of QR codes.

Sorry for double posting...I'm posting on my phone.

swordx

Hairmanban19

Is there someone willing to teach me a little more about graphic commands?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Gimmemorecoinz

ramstrong wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

A live chat would give users who struggle and have to wait 3 days for an answer to their simpler questions a way for them to get answers immediately, making it easier for them to overcome some issues.
for instance, a few issues I've had with petit computer, could have been answered in one sentence quite easily but I spent a week or two sometimes, trouble shooting and/or waiting for a response to a question I posted about some issue I had.
With a live chat, that wouldn't be the case.
And so, my project was delayed by however long it took someone to answer my question, or for me to somehow figure it out on my own.
To be fair though most of my questions are not very basic they are quite specific and technical. :3

You answered my post quick enough. And I answered your post quickly, too.
Chat is great if you can get people together at the same time, and as your posts indicate, that's quite a challenge in itself.
No such trouble with forum/guestbook.

Yeah but what about the three hours I usually spend every day doing other stuff, and every couple minutes I hit the refresh button to check for replys then there are none? and what about the 8 plus hours of inactivity on the forum? With a live chat that would change. :3

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Yes. Just join the live chat it's alot easier for me to talk there. :3
You'll get very fast responses from me. http://tinychat.com/qbj56

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

randomous

@swordx I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but really, have you even looked at that link? The description of the game is "A reimagined port of Animal Crossing...". I didn't come up with that... that's what someone else said. Also, my game is 77 QR codes. You game also has 77 qr codes. What's the difference?

Edit: Honestly, I don't mind if you don't try my game. But so far you've always had a negative rebuttal to anything I say. Could you be a little... less abrasive? Thanks.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but really, have you even looked at that link? The description of the game is "A reimagined port of Animal Crossing...". I didn't come up with that... that's what someone else said. Also, my game is 77 QR codes. You game also has 77 qr codes. What's the difference?

I meant that they both have a lot. Also, I didn't know that yours had that many.

I know your game is good, and that it's similar to AC, but I'm not a fan of the genre. The main thing I love about AC is the museum. Put that in your game and I'll download it.

Sorry, my intentions were not to be negative, and I'm sorry that I came across as such.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Yeah but what about the three hours I usually spend every day doing other stuff, and every couple minutes I hit the refresh button to check for replys then there are none? and what about the 8 plus hours of inactivity on the forum? With a live chat that would change. :3

Set "Watch this topic" to yes, and you'll get an email when there's a new post. You don't need to refresh every time.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Go to my blogspot, and search for "Petit Computer Journal". There are instructions for graphic somewhere. I built a paint program to learn graphics. You should too.

Petit Computer Journal

Ralph

Since a few people here want to collaborate I think we should try to make a warioware game where people can add microgames to the collection. I understand there will be problems with trying to share a single sprite sheet though.

Ralph

swordx

zorkzedork wrote:

Since a few people here want to collaborate I think we should try to make a warioware game where people can add microgames to the collection. I understand there will be problems with trying to share a single sprite sheet though.

Have each person work on a different sprite sheet.

I think that's a great idea. I was going to do that once, but I...never did. I didn't do it because I had no ideas for original microgames. Maybe you'll succeed where I failed.

Good luck on it. I'm sure it will be fun.

swordx

randomous

@swordx That's OK, sometimes I just misread stuff (It is just text after all. Language is far more than just symbols!). Anyways, I understand if you don't like the genre, it's not for everyone. Sorry for calling you abrasive when you weren't trying to be.

I forewent the museum in order to save on code space (I'm already up to 5000 lines and I'd still like to add minigames). Instead, I opted for just the journal, so you can at least see what you've caught. It also tells you how many you've obtained, so that's nice I guess. I really wanted the museum, because I always enjoyed it as well. I just didn't want to have tons of extra code/sprites just so that I could make indoor spaces. If it turns out that I have a lot of extra space after adding everything I wanted to add, I'll probably work on indoor stuff.

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx That's OK, sometimes I just misread stuff (It is just text after all. Language is far more than just symbols!). Anyways, I understand if you don't like the genre, it's not for everyone. Sorry for calling you abrasive when you weren't trying to be.

I forewent the museum in order to save on code space (I'm already up to 5000 lines and I'd still like to add minigames). Instead, I opted for just the journal, so you can at least see what you've caught. It also tells you how many you've obtained, so that's nice I guess. I really wanted the museum, because I always enjoyed it as well. I just didn't want to have tons of extra code/sprites just so that I could make indoor spaces. If it turns out that I have a lot of extra space after adding everything I wanted to add, I'll probably work on indoor stuff.

Alright, cool! I hope you continue to improve your game, as everyone seems to be enjoying it. From what I'm seeing, most PTC users love the genre, as Morphtroid's Petit Farm was also a huge hit. I'm guessing that your game is a favorite of many, and I can see why. You've put a lot of work into it.

swordx

randomous

@swordx Well, thank you! I did put a lot of work into it with the hopes that people would enjoy it. I'm not trying to make the biggest, best game ever (I'll leave that up to people like @Discostew and the guy making the pokemon remake-with-extras), I just want people to enjoy it, that's all. Thanks for the compliments, and again, sorry that I get a little "jumpy" sometimes.

randomous

Eel

I decided to scan Village, it's quite adorable!

I got an error trying to use the bug net when facing the edge of the town though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic