Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 9,620

Slayer

swordx wrote:

slayer wrote:

swordx wrote:

slayer wrote:

For some reason I'm tempted to start a new simple project, so I did. This won't take long. So I'm thinking it's called Street War, and you are a little gang dude with a gun and you fight NPCs and it's just gonna be simple compared to DarkShift and Zelda and Super Smash Bros.
So I made a title BG with SCRED and I'm moving to the main title.

I've seen your posts on GAMEFAQS...How can one person make that many games? At this rate, you'll never finish ANY of them...

LOL, I have a surprisingly good memory,I remember what I did for my games once I load them up. I've seen people, and they focus on one project, they never work secondary. I'm simply different. I use not only computer memory, but MY memory, to my advantage on how many projects I can work.

I'm not questioning your memory...but...I don't think Terraria is even possible on PTC, and you want to do it while working on a fighting game, a top-down shooter, etc... That sounds impossible. O_O

Uh, simple correction, AR isn't a top down, you move into different areas with zombies chasing you or not...it's the DayZ of PTC.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@NightmareXIV It wasn't that much money...

PTC is a GREAT way to learn programming. So its not exactly documented all the way... We are here to help. I (and many others) started like this; frustrated and regretful. But give it time. Ask questions, we are here for you, for all of us.

Besides, when you learn this way, you have no tests and no deadlines. Your only limit is your imagination. Think of the community as a teacher. A teacher willing to answer any question it can.

Besides, if you don't wanna program with it, get some of the thousands of free programs for it out there.

Exactly. And why are they free? Because we're human. We don't like it when stuff's not free.

Pixelrobin

@Slayer
I don't think apocalypse rising is the best name. It is overused. I would think of something more original if I were you.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

swordx

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Well, here it is.. A demo of the Battlewoods 2 engine.

Notable changes

• Stamina
  • Health (Regens when health isn't very low)
  • Money System
  • BGOFS
  • Sword
  • @Randomous's Text Box

Unstable Changes were not shown.

So what do you think of my little engine.

Very nice. I'll release a video of Dungeon Adventure 2 today....

By the way, here's a video of Dungeon Adventure #1

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Slayer

Dungeon adventure? I played that, thought it was fun. Battlewood? Heard about it, never played it. Looks fun. Anyway, so Apocalypse Rising sprite situation is done, so all I need to do is look up the sprites and get them over. Then after that I need some DATA work. I've got that handled, so that leaves me with game play after that... awesome. I'm making more progress than I thought I would be making.

Slayer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Slayer
I don't think apocalypse rising is the best name. It is overused. I would think of something more original if I were you.

Haven't seen it anywhere other than here and in a Roblox game. That's how I even got the name. It's not overused, it's just awesome.

swordx

Oh, and here is a video of Dungeon Adventure 2. I only showed a small portion of the game so it wouldn't take long to upload.

Tell me what you think of it. By the way, there were 3 enemies shown, but I didn't show one of them moving. The AI of the blob and the...spinny thinger are purposely bad-ish to keep level 1 easy. The bosses (one of which is complete) display much better AI.

swordx

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Here's an update to the legend of zelda LTTP project I'm working on.
QR codes are here: http://imgur.com/mpl2W9y
People please let me know if the QR codes actually work. I scrapped them together quickly and chaotically and I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or not.

You did really good on this!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Oh, and here is a video of Dungeon Adventure 2. I only showed a small portion of the game so it wouldn't take long to upload.

Tell me what you think of it. By the way, there were 3 enemies shown, but I didn't show one of them moving. The AI of the blob and the...spinny thinger are purposely bad-ish to keep level 1 easy. The bosses (one of which is complete) display much better AI.

Looks really cool. And the Zelda overworld music goes really good for the game

Hairmanban19

@Randomous the new mini map in Village is really cool looking!

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Looks really cool. And the Zelda overworld music goes really good for the game

Thanks. It gets better later on. You can really see how much work I put into it in other sections.

By the way, I'll release version 1.0.1 of Dungeon Adventure later today. The update just fixes two bugs and a typo.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

How do i load a file that i made in the SCRED program into a program that i would be making? And can i have more than one in my program?

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

How do i load a file that i made in the SCRED program into a program that i would be making? And can i have more than one in my program?

LOAD"SCU0:FILENAME"

Yes, you can use more than 1. Also, 0 can also be 1or 2.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

LOAD"SCU0:FILENAME"

Yes, you can use more than 1. Also, 0 can also be 1or 2.

Thanks,i'll try that. Also,how do i play a sound effect? I already know how to play the preset music.

randomous

@Hairmanban19 Just do:

BEEP <sound effect #>

For instance, to play sound effect #20:

BEEP 20

You can even alter the volume:

BEEP 20, 70

70 is of course the volume. The volume can range from 0-127, and the sounds range from 0-63 (I think)

randomous

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

People please let me know if the QR codes actually work. I scrapped them together quickly and chaotically and I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or not.

Thanks did you try the QR codes? I just want to make sure they work properly. There'd be no point in trying them on my 3DS because I won't know if I'm missing a needed file or not. I have all the files I'd need on there already.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Anyone out there now willing to help me work on legend of zelda for petit computer.
I'd like to know how I might have larger map files that scroll. Does anyone know how I'd do that?
Thanks in advance. I could just use bgput and use a bgput method I think. that would be best to store the tiles in the game as data
in an array and just scroll (update) the tiles, row by row. It wouldn't be too hard.
I don't want the game to slow down because of scrolling. :/

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Hairmanban19

randomous wrote:

@Hairmanban19 Just do:

BEEP <sound effect #>

For instance, to play sound effect #20:

BEEP 20

You can even alter the volume:

BEEP 20, 70

70 is of course the volume. The volume can range from 0-127, and the sounds range from 0-63 (I think)

Thanks,i've been meaning to ask that.

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Thanks did you try the QR codes? I just want to make sure they work properly. There'd be no point in trying them on my 3DS because I won't know if I'm missing a needed file or not. I have all the files I'd need on there already.

Yeah,the QR codes are fine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic