DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 3,475 to 3,494 of 9,519

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,475. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp @IAmAPerson620 @Bluerobin2 since you guys are the only ones that at least like my text adventure game a little bit,do you guys want me to still continue making the series? Cause if you guys don't,then i don't wanna bother making the rest of the series.

If you mean by text adventure, you mean your Tutorial thing, I like it fine. The only problem, other than extremely short length is that you're using WAIT too much. I keep pressing the button to try to go to the next page, and it doesn't work that way.

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,476. Posted:

swordx wrote:

I just finished the sidequest to unlock a house on Dungeon Aventure 2. Now I just need to program the house itself...

Thats good to hear. Keep up the awesome work!:)

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,477. Posted:

@Zeldafoursword sorry i have been taking so long to make the second tutorial program. I don't usually have enough time to program.:(

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,478. Posted:

@KaiserD how is your choose your own adventure style game coming along? I'm looking foward to playing it.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

3,479. Posted:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp @IAmAPerson620 @Bluerobin2 since you guys are the only ones that at least like my text adventure game a little bit,do you guys want me to still continue making the series? Cause if you guys don't,then i don't wanna bother making the rest of the series.

If you mean by text adventure, you mean your Tutorial thing, I like it fine. The only problem, other than extremely short length is that you're using WAIT too much. I keep pressing the button to try to go to the next page, and it doesn't work that way.

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

If you wish to know how to use buttons, I shall tell you.

First, make a loop. Then, put in Vsync 1. Then, for what you're doing, you may want to use BTRIGG(). For A, it would look like this: IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN GOTO @

In the end, it would look like this:

@LOOP
IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN @LABLE
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

It's that simple.

If you don't have to, never use BUTTON(). It causes the music to glitch. In some cases you need it, but not always.

NOTE: You may want to use WAIT4 before entering the loop.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

3,480. Posted:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

You could've at least point me to the post of your game. :( geez.
I got the TRINIA #2. Looks good enough, story wise. Here's a few suggestions:
1. Replace the WAIT with button press
2. When you show multiple actions, please number them, so I know which one is which!
3. Try very hard to give the player more than one option!
4. Don't use too many CLS. It's too confusing. Letting the text scroll would be much better.
5. You may want to learn how variables and RND() works, so you can have better battle scenes.

Either have separate locations you can go to (put it in options where to go, perhaps from Main Square), or don't do RPG. Do interactive story instead.
I like it so far, but it's still too raw for me to enjoy it as a user.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gimmemorecoinz

3,481. Posted:

Okay everyone. I took some time to mess with the bgu tile problems I'm having again.
I had an example that was able to work with the default background tiles of the game.
When I change the code it messes up.
I used a custom tileset I imported three different ways in petit computer.
Well, here's the code and QRS have a whack at it see what I did wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/cOKEwPV.png <--That image has everything. The qr code for the bgu modified and for the code. Makes it easy right?
Now if somone can figure what I did wrong that'd be really helpful. The tiles display now but all I see is green u_u

I'll paste it in here to I guess.
Code below
[spoiler]
x=rnd(27)
bgmplay rnd(x)
load"bgu0:custombg"
bgpage 0

@main

print "enjoy your random"
print "now playing " +str$(x)

for count=1 to 25
for count2=1 to 25

bgput 1, count, count2, rnd(3), 0, 0, 0
next count2
next count

for x2=1 to 5
for y=1 to 5

ycl=rnd(x2)
gcolor ycl
'gciricle x2, y, ycl, x, 0, 360
gcolor 12
'gcircle x2-50, y, ycl, x+2, 0, 360
gslcol=rnd(256)
'gline 0, y, 256, y, gslcol

next y
next x2
vsync 2

goto @main

[/spoiler]

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralph

3,482. Posted:

@gimmemorecoinz try using the SCRED program to make a background and then use:
LOAD "SCU0:name"

Ralph

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steriaca

3,483. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@TexMurphy Oh, you liked them? Cool, I'm glad you did!

I was just wondering about the minimap, that's all. I decided to make a better minimap for Village so that it showed each individual cell, and I did it the "pick your own colors" way. It makes it harder to add extra stuff to the minimap, but it sure is less code... for now.

Just scaned the QRs for the 10th update to Village. The mini-map looks great.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomous

3,484. Posted:

@steriaca Oh cool, you're playing it too? I'm glad you like the mini-map!

randomous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,485. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

You could've at least point me to the post of your game. :( geez.
I got the TRINIA #2. Looks good enough, story wise. Here's a few suggestions:
1. Replace the WAIT with button press
2. When you show multiple actions, please number them, so I know which one is which!
3. Try very hard to give the player more than one option!
4. Don't use too many CLS. It's too confusing. Letting the text scroll would be much better.
5. You may want to learn how variables and RND() works, so you can have better battle scenes.

Either have separate locations you can go to (put it in options where to go, perhaps from Main Square), or don't do RPG. Do interactive story instead.
I like it so far, but it's still too raw for me to enjoy it as a user.

Sorry,i'll look for part 1 soon,which is when i have the time. And i was just making some text games because i had just learned a little bit of BASIC,and i was really excited to actually make a Petit Computer game because i had been waiting sooooo long just to learn enough BASIC to make a text game but sorry,i'll just wait to make programs when i'm actually good.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,486. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp @IAmAPerson620 @Bluerobin2 since you guys are the only ones that at least like my text adventure game a little bit,do you guys want me to still continue making the series? Cause if you guys don't,then i don't wanna bother making the rest of the series.

If you mean by text adventure, you mean your Tutorial thing, I like it fine. The only problem, other than extremely short length is that you're using WAIT too much. I keep pressing the button to try to go to the next page, and it doesn't work that way.

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

If you wish to know how to use buttons, I shall tell you.

First, make a loop. Then, put in Vsync 1. Then, for what you're doing, you may want to use BTRIGG(). For A, it would look like this: IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN GOTO @

In the end, it would look like this:

@LOOP
IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN @LABLE
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

It's that simple.

If you don't have to, never use BUTTON(). It causes the music to glitch. In some cases you need it, but not always.

NOTE: You may want to use WAIT4 before entering the loop.

Thanks,i'll use this when i know enough BASIC to make an actually good text game unlike mine.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

3,487. Posted:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Thanks,i'll use this when i know enough BASIC to make an actually good text game unlike mine.

Or you can just use INPUT. Just because you're not using the variables, doesn't mean you can't use it. :)

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

3,488. Posted:

I'm working hard making 2D fighting games, a multiplayer apocalypse game, and I might plan an RPG. I was always a fan of RPGs.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

3,489. Posted:

slayer wrote:

I'm working hard making 2D fighting games, a multiplayer apocalypse game, and I might plan an RPG. I was always a fan of RPGs.

Real-time multiplayer is impossible...

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,490. Posted:

@Ramstrong part 1 of my text game is on page 62 on the QR code sharing forum.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gimmemorecoinz

3,491. Posted:

I tried the SCRED program.

Instead of appearing like in my image... the tiles appear as lines like green, white, green white..

and some of the details are missing.
additionally.. some of the tiles are actually missing colors.
Can someone help me figure out what's going on? like the darn link sprite issue I had I can only assume that ptc utilities isn't properly exporting my tileset!

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gimmemorecoinz

3,492. Posted:

Okay I have some information that may help some people out who were having the same issues as me in petit computer.
IF YOU export the default tilesets as PNG(Index) and then save them. Then edit them and paste your own tiles in that don't match the pallete you'll run into problems.
First problem: My grass tiles didn't show the shaded grass.
Second problem: Color loss. For some reason when you select 'dithering' or when you do not, as long as you are importing a PNG(index) that was originally exported, then edited in paint and saved. You get issues. UNLESS your tiles use the same pallete.

Using the feature "Import and make pallete" isn't 100% reliable. Your BG tiles may change or get messed up.
So the best approach?
Export as "PNG(Indexed)" Then paste your custom tiles in. Then save it. Then Save-AS. Save it as a 24-bit BMP.
Go to Petit Utilities use new chr editor. Use the import feature, select the BMP version. Make sure you also select DITHERING if you have alot of colors. You might still lose some colors if your tiles have more than just 16 colors. Having alot of color seems to mess up the pallete or the tiles lose parts.
Okay. So that said.. I got it to work for me here's the before and after:

http://imgur.com/WdZziZv

What i'm really upset about right now is that I was expecting ptc utilities to be able to import tiles of this quality!!
I had no issue with preserving the quality of sprites. :/ Uhm and yeah I haven't tested making an area with this yet but I'm pretty sure
that it'll work. The tiles just look like crap compared to the original.
The issue I was having before I think specifically relates to how ptcutilities exports tilesets and NOT related to trying to use BGput to place tiles.
In case anyone was curious.. this was what I was trying to get help with specicfically.. though I still find it mysterious that petit computer refused to draw ANY tiles from the original formatted tileset I made (and posted about in the original issue post) o.0
It bugs me that Petit computer wasn't rendering the tiles when I exported them.. but you can see for yourself. :3 There's a post on page 175 I think it is. About it. With QR codes.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

damolii

3,493. Posted:

@Hairmanban19 You tried my demo yet?? XD

@IAmAPerson620 I was just about to write the code for my load function when I thought, "Let me try it out to see if it actually works". So I got some exp and save at level 8. I loaded the game and I was lvl 250. The next time I was back at lvl 1. And both times, I had the starter HP. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. Do you still want it??? In my opinion, it's not worth it. I don't think you're making a RPG so it wouldn't be good for you. But it's up to you :(

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

3,494. Posted:

damolii wrote:

@Hairmanban19 You tried my demo yet?? XD

@IAmAPerson620 I was just about to write the code for my load function when I thought, "Let me try it out to see if it actually works". So I got some exp and save at level 8. I loaded the game and I was lvl 250. The next time I was back at lvl 1. And both times, I had the starter HP. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. Do you still want it??? In my opinion, it's not worth it. I don't think you're making a RPG so it wouldn't be good for you. But it's up to you :(

Yeah,i think it'll turn out to be a great RPG.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907