Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

@Hale-Bopp @IAmAPerson620 @Bluerobin2 since you guys are the only ones that at least like my text adventure game a little bit,do you guys want me to still continue making the series? Cause if you guys don't,then i don't wanna bother making the rest of the series.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Pixelrobin

@hairmanban19 How 'bout you write the story for battlewood 2 instead? PM me on swapnote.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 Why don't you just get all your variables and save them in one MEM file?? That's what I'm doing with my RPG, and it works....

How do you store multiple variables/strings in one MEM file without having to excessively use the MID$ command?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

damolii

@IAmAPerson620 I don't use the MID$. Here let me show you my save.

@SAVE
MEM$=""
MEM$=MEM$+STR$(MY VARIABLE)+","
Ditto for the rest of my variables
then at the end...
SAVE "MEM:FILE10",0
RETURN

Voila!!!! XD Although, I don't know if you would need my loading function for this to work.But I try to make my programming easier.Less stress on my developing brain XD. My background scrolling is only about 42 lines......

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 I don't use the MID$. Here let me show you my save.

@SAVE
MEM$=""
MEM$=MEM$+STR$(MY VARIABLE)+","
Ditto for the rest of my variables
then at the end...
SAVE "MEM:FILE10",0
RETURN

Voila!!!! XD Although, I don't know if you would need my loading function for this to work.But I try to make my programming easier.Less stress on my developing brain XD. My background scrolling is only about 42 lines......

For this, I believe I need to know your loading system

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

swordx

I just finished the sidequest to unlock a house on Dungeon Aventure 2. Now I just need to program the house itself...

swordx

damolii

@IAmAPerson620 ---> I thought so..... I'm too tired now.... I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry, It's kinda long, and I need to do other things. I will post it tomorrow for sure.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 ---> I thought so..... I'm too tired now.... I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry, It's kinda long, and I need to do other things. I will post it tomorrow for sure.

No problem

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp @IAmAPerson620 @Bluerobin2 since you guys are the only ones that at least like my text adventure game a little bit,do you guys want me to still continue making the series? Cause if you guys don't,then i don't wanna bother making the rest of the series.

If you mean by text adventure, you mean your Tutorial thing, I like it fine. The only problem, other than extremely short length is that you're using WAIT too much. I keep pressing the button to try to go to the next page, and it doesn't work that way.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

If you mean by text adventure, you mean your Tutorial thing, I like it fine. The only problem, other than extremely short length is that you're using WAIT too much. I keep pressing the button to try to go to the next page, and it doesn't work that way.

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

I just finished the sidequest to unlock a house on Dungeon Aventure 2. Now I just need to program the house itself...

Thats good to hear. Keep up the awesome work!

Hairmanban19

@Zeldafoursword sorry i have been taking so long to make the second tutorial program. I don't usually have enough time to program.

Hairmanban19

@KaiserD how is your choose your own adventure style game coming along? I'm looking foward to playing it.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

No,i'm talking about a text adventure series that i've been making,i have posted a part 1 and 2 so far. And the reason i used the WAIT command in my tutorial is because i don't know how to work the button type stuff,sorry.

If you wish to know how to use buttons, I shall tell you.

First, make a loop. Then, put in Vsync 1. Then, for what you're doing, you may want to use BTRIGG(). For A, it would look like this: IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN GOTO @

In the end, it would look like this:

@LOOP
IF BTRIGG()==16 THEN @LABLE
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

It's that simple.

If you don't have to, never use BUTTON(). It causes the music to glitch. In some cases you need it, but not always.

NOTE: You may want to use WAIT4 before entering the loop.

swordx

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

You could've at least point me to the post of your game. geez.
I got the TRINIA #2. Looks good enough, story wise. Here's a few suggestions:
1. Replace the WAIT with button press
2. When you show multiple actions, please number them, so I know which one is which!
3. Try very hard to give the player more than one option!
4. Don't use too many CLS. It's too confusing. Letting the text scroll would be much better.
5. You may want to learn how variables and RND() works, so you can have better battle scenes.

Either have separate locations you can go to (put it in options where to go, perhaps from Main Square), or don't do RPG. Do interactive story instead.
I like it so far, but it's still too raw for me to enjoy it as a user.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Gimmemorecoinz

Okay everyone. I took some time to mess with the bgu tile problems I'm having again.
I had an example that was able to work with the default background tiles of the game.
When I change the code it messes up.
I used a custom tileset I imported three different ways in petit computer.
Well, here's the code and QRS have a whack at it see what I did wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/cOKEwPV.png <--That image has everything. The qr code for the bgu modified and for the code. Makes it easy right?
Now if somone can figure what I did wrong that'd be really helpful. The tiles display now but all I see is green u_u

I'll paste it in here to I guess.
Code below

x=rnd(27)
bgmplay rnd(x)
load"bgu0:custombg"
bgpage 0

@main

print "enjoy your random"
print "now playing " +str$(x)

for count=1 to 25
for count2=1 to 25

bgput 1, count, count2, rnd(3), 0, 0, 0
next count2
next count

for x2=1 to 5
for y=1 to 5

ycl=rnd(x2)
gcolor ycl
'gciricle x2, y, ycl, x, 0, 360
gcolor 12
'gcircle x2-50, y, ycl, x+2, 0, 360
gslcol=rnd(256)
'gline 0, y, 256, y, gslcol

next y
next x2
vsync 2

goto @main

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Ralph

@gimmemorecoinz try using the SCRED program to make a background and then use:
LOAD "SCU0:name"

Ralph

steriaca

randomous wrote:

@TexMurphy Oh, you liked them? Cool, I'm glad you did!

I was just wondering about the minimap, that's all. I decided to make a better minimap for Village so that it showed each individual cell, and I did it the "pick your own colors" way. It makes it harder to add extra stuff to the minimap, but it sure is less code... for now.

Just scaned the QRs for the 10th update to Village. The mini-map looks great.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

randomous

@steriaca Oh cool, you're playing it too? I'm glad you like the mini-map!

randomous

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

You could've at least point me to the post of your game. geez.
I got the TRINIA #2. Looks good enough, story wise. Here's a few suggestions:
1. Replace the WAIT with button press
2. When you show multiple actions, please number them, so I know which one is which!
3. Try very hard to give the player more than one option!
4. Don't use too many CLS. It's too confusing. Letting the text scroll would be much better.
5. You may want to learn how variables and RND() works, so you can have better battle scenes.

Either have separate locations you can go to (put it in options where to go, perhaps from Main Square), or don't do RPG. Do interactive story instead.
I like it so far, but it's still too raw for me to enjoy it as a user.

Sorry,i'll look for part 1 soon,which is when i have the time. And i was just making some text games because i had just learned a little bit of BASIC,and i was really excited to actually make a Petit Computer game because i had been waiting sooooo long just to learn enough BASIC to make a text game but sorry,i'll just wait to make programs when i'm actually good.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic