DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 3,321 to 3,340 of 9,568

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,321. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@swordx Well, just email me the ptc files and I'll do it for you this time. Use a non personal email address to send them if you're worried.

It's late and I'm posting this on my phone, so no thanks. But I do appreciate the offer!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,322. Posted:

@swordx That's fine, I have no idea what time it is where you are. Sorry about that!

randomous

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,323. Posted:

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm incredibly sorry if this sounds rude (I absolutely did not mean for it to be) but... why do you need to upload it as a video? If you have the qr codes, you should have the means to upload at LEAST a zip file with the qr codes included. Heck, send me the ptc file and I'll do it myself rather than have to scroll through an entire forum page of "I can't read this" lol.

I don't know how to upload zip files. I used to put the QR codes on Photobucket, but the updated, so now it won't work. Sorry about this page. I'm trying to upload it again right now.

By the way, I got a little irritated while making the video. I found it kind of comical when looking over the video.

By the way, it's done uploading now. PLEASE PLAY IT! This took me forever!

Ok,i'll get it tomorrow! Thanks for going through all of that trouble just so we can play the game!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage

Markybhoy

3,324. Posted:

Since Petit isnt out yet until tomorrow would it be worth working through this basic tutorial ?

http://www.svatopluk.com/qbtutor/

I'm assuming most variants of Basic are similar ?

I've not done any Basic programming before.

Edited on by Markybhoy

Markybhoy

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,325. Posted:

Markybhoy wrote:

Since Petit isnt out yet until tomorrow would it be worth working through this basic tutorial ?

It doesn't hurt, but QBasic and Smile Basic are 2 different things. I'd suggest that you wait until you get PetitComputer and learn SmileBasic. Only go there if you get stuck. The keywords are mostly the same, but there are enough gotchas to trip beginners.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,326. Posted:

Markybhoy wrote:

I'd suggest that you just do what I did: mess with coding and use the manual for help. If you ever have trouble with something, just ask around on the forums! That's something I'll be doing soon to get a better understanding of the save function. I've had it explained to me before, but I don't remember exactly how to do it. :(

swordx

AuthorMessage

damolii

3,327. Posted:

@swordx thank you for responding to my question, but it basically does the same thing as before. Thanks, though :)

@everyone I am trying to find a way to make the opponent sprite act as an obstacle, so my sprite doesn't go through it. Anyone have ideas???

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,328. Posted:

damolii wrote:

@swordx thank you for responding to my question, but it basically does the same thing as before. Thanks, though :)

@everyone I am trying to find a way to make the opponent sprite act as an obstacle, so my sprite doesn't go through it. Anyone have ideas???

No no no, you don't understand. Say the variables for player positionvarevX and Y. When you press the button to move, set the variable OLDX as X, and OLDY as Y. If collision is detected, set X as OLDX, and Y as OLDY. In other words, you're returning the X and Y values to their old values from before the collision wa detected. This is what I used in my game's engine.

swordx

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,329. Posted:

@Swordx now i got stuck on QR code 30 but i don't want you to go through more trouble trying to fix it so sorry if i'm being annoying.:(

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,330. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx now i got stuck on QR code 30 but i don't want you to go through more trouble trying to fix it so sorry if i'm being annoying.:(

I'll review the video to see if there's a problem.

Pause at different moments. Also, try scanning at an angle. It looks fine to me.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,331. Posted:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Pause at different miments. Also, try scanning at an angle. It looks fine to me.

I guess its just my computer or my 3DS camera that is being annoying,because i paused at a bunch of different parts and i tried different angles. But like i said i don't want you to go through all of that trouble just for me.

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,332. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Pause at different miments. Also, try scanning at an angle. It looks fine to me.

I guess its just my computer or my 3DS camera that is being annoying,because i paused at a bunch of different parts and i tried different angles. But like i said i don't want you to go through all of that trouble just for me.

It's okay...I'll just do what Randomous suggested... :(

Or I could just post a video only containing QR code #'s 30-35.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,333. Posted:

@swordx I'm still willing to do it for you if you don't want to sign up for dropbox: randomouscrap98@aol.com

randomous

AuthorMessage

ejamer

3,334. Posted:

Markybhoy wrote:

If you are really eager to get started, the official Petit Computer Strategy guide (available from http://www.petitcomputer.com/ in Kindle, iOS, Android, or PC formats) might be your best bet... just be aware there are some caveats.

First off, it's an extra $10. So your budget will certainly affect interest.

Also, this book is also a weird mix of introductory/background information, sample programs with source code provided, and bits of detail about the Smile Basic language. It's not going to hold your hand and teach you how to program, nor will it give advanced reference materials for people who really want to dig into the language. It kind of falls into an awkward spot where I'm not sure what the intended audience is. However, the tips and programs and history come together as an interesting enough read that most people who want to use Petit Computer should be able to take something away.

So not an automatic recommendation... but if you are interested in working with Petit Computer then it's not a bad read.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,335. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm still willing to do it for you if you don't want to sign up for dropbox: randomouscrap98@aol.com

Ewww you haz AOL. lol JK But nah, I'll be fine. I've done this much already. I'd be better off just finishing this.

swordx

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,336. Posted:

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

No no no, you don't understand. Say the variables for player positionvarevX and Y. When you press the button to move, set the variable OLDX as X, and OLDY as Y. If collision is detected, set X as OLDX, and Y as OLDY. In other words, you're returning the X and Y values to their old values from before the collision wa detected. This is what I used in my game's engine.

That will work. There is a built-in command SPCOLVEC just for the purpose of collision detection, though. You simply set the displacement x and displacement y, and the sprite collision detection will activate prior to the sprite actually being there.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,337. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

That will work. There is a built-in command SPCOLVEC just for the purpose of collision detection, though. You simply set the displacement x and displacement y, and the sprite collision detection will activate prior to the sprite actually being there.

Really? I didn't know that...

swordx

AuthorMessage

damolii

3,338. Posted:

@swordx and @ramstrong thank you both very much. I will try these!!! XD

P.S: @swordx, with your way, I would need SPOFS, but I am using background scrolling though. My fault for not mentioning that. Would you mind writing it here,so I can see it visually???

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,339. Posted:

@swordx Lol that's my email that I've had since the dawn of the internet. I don't use it for anything personal anymore, it's just the one I give out in case people want to contact me for random crap.

randomous

AuthorMessage

PixelRobin

3,340. Posted:

@randomous hence the name? :D

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126