DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 3,261 to 3,280 of 9,437

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

3,261. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@Zack56144 The Kingdom Hearts song is really good! I guess it's time for me to make "part 2" to the tutorial.

Thanks! :D

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,262. Posted:

I posted a new MML tutorial on the tutorial thread, if anybody's interested. It's harder stuff that's only useful you actually want to make full sounding songs. Hope it helps!

randomous

AuthorMessage

steriaca

3,263. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

steriaca wrote:

atariman wrote:

Well, I'm a HUGE retro gaming fan. but I' m more of an Atari fan. I made a very simple Mini version of Centipede. It's only on it's beta test, it's on beta test 1.4.5.

I myself would love to see it. Have you thought of making a PTC version of... drat... I'm forgeting the name of the game... the paddle game where you defend your castle and destroy the castles of others? Or of the original Gauntlet? I seen a semi-asteroid-ish game, but we need the real thing more than a demo.

Anyways, any games from Atari you want to (what would be the corect lingo...I got it) pay homage to? (sounds better than 'rip off' anyways)

I bet you are thinking of Rampark.

Nope. I know Rampark. This was a black and white game played with up to four players on a cocktail cabnet. Controls were a spinner knob, and a "launch/grab" button. The game starts with a dragon sprite tossing a 'fierball' at one of the four towers on the screen, then continues till only one tower is left standing. (Note, game uses overlays to produce color). Game was released for home as a 2600 game (with color).

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,264. Posted:

I will post the QR codes for my tutorial program on monday.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,265. Posted:

steriaca wrote:

I myself would love to see it. Have you thought of making a PTC version of... drat... I'm forgeting the name of the game... the paddle game where you defend your castle and destroy the castles of others? Or of the original Gauntlet? I seen a semi-asteroid-ish game, but we need the real thing more than a demo.

Making a real asteroid game isn't that far off from the demo. Removing internal debugging data. Put out some waves. That's about it, right?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

3,266. Posted:

i need help making my sprite move D:

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,267. Posted:

@twinArmageddons From the depths of this thread, I awaken thee...

Alright, that was pretty geeky. Oh well.

Edit: You should probably click that link.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

3,268. Posted:

OK K'm back and ready for duty! I went camping with a bunch of friends and on the way, I started making a game that simulates the career of a lumberjack. (Its actually my first real use of BGOFS). And do I dream of Petit Computer 3D. Do I dream...

The site is going along fine. Most of the work is done off the actual site and a new logo is in progress. I will still use the original to show off ideas and such. So far, only me and @ramstrong (←improper grammar) Have access to the site.

@ramstrong Do something awesome with it :).

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,269. Posted:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

OK K'm back and ready for duty! I went camping with a bunch of friends and on the way, I started making a game that simulates the career of a lumberjack. (Its actually my first real use of BGOFS). And do I dream of Petit Computer 3D. Do I dream...

The site is going along fine. Most of the work is done off the actual site and a new logo is in progress. I will still use the original to show off ideas and such. So far, only me and @ramstrong (←improper grammar) Have access to the site.

@ramstrong Do something awesome with it :).

I've been working on an outline for lessons. So far, I've divided it into 3 phases: (1) Basic Commands - what the Help function on the program tells you. (2) Sprites, BG, CHR - Hardware wise (3) Projects - Program Based Construction Kit. Think of Lego pieces, but with subroutines.

I'm still working on the Algorithm section. Pathfinding, AI, and UI will need to be featured as well.

PS: Incorrect grammar? How would the correct one look like? Anyway, I don't mind. There's ARM-strong, and there's RAM-strong. :p

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

3,270. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@twinArmageddons From the depths of this thread, I awaken thee...

Alright, that was pretty geeky. Oh well.

Edit: You should probably click that link.

thanks ^~^

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

AuthorMessage

randomous

3,271. Posted:

@twinArmageddons You're welcome! There're actually many ways of accomplishing that. I actually prefer doing it a different way, even though it's just the slightest bit slower to process. Instead of:

SPSET 0,0,0,0,0,1
@GAMELOOP
B=BUTTON()
IF B AND 1 THEN Y=Y-1
IF B AND 2 THEN Y=Y+1
IF B AND 4 THEN X=X-1
IF B AND 8 THEN X=X+1
SPOFS 0, X, Y
VSYNC 1
GOTO @GAMELOOP

I do this:

SPSET 0,0,0,0,0,1
@GAMELOOP
B=BUTTON()
Y=Y+((B AND 2)==2)-((B AND 1)==1)
X=X+((B AND 8)==8)-((B AND 4)==4)
SPOFS 0, X, Y
VSYNC 1
GOTO @GAMELOOP

Why do I like that better? I don't know, I like equations more than if statements in BASIC (because the formatting for IF statements is just plain dumb). Also, this saves a few lines, which is important when I'm doing it 80 billion times in Village. Shoot, there I go promoting my programs again.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

3,272. Posted:

I still get e-mailed every time someone says @Loop (There's another e-mail) Its kinda funny....

@ramstrong I meant the overall design of the site. Don't post anything... yet.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,273. Posted:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong I meant the overall design of the site. Don't post anything... yet.

I like the simple version that is ramstrong.blogspot.com. I have another, fancier blogspot, but I kind of regret having it. I'm thinking of reverting the style to the simpler version. That, and some pages that acts like an outline would be best.

As far as graphic design is concerned, I'll leave it up to you. You'll be doing the lion's share of it. I'm going to start yet another blogspot. I have some wicked ideas that I've been thinking about all week, and I will start doing it tomorrow.

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

TexMurphy

3,274. Posted:

@randomous
How do you get animation to work when you move around? And stop when you don't move? And by the way I use alot of @LOOP @LOOP @LOOP Bluerobin2. : P

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,275. Posted:

UntitledUntitled Alright here is the tutorial program @Zeldafoursword . I will be making another one that teaches you some more commands :)

Edited on by Hairmanban19

AuthorMessage

swordx

3,276. Posted:

Hey guys! This finally released in Europe, so I'm going to get back into PTC! I'll try to release some games before September, including Dungeon Adventure version 1.0. If we make great games, Europeans will buy it and make great games! Let's get programming!

I just came up with a great idea for a game! GAME & WATCH Punch Out!! I'll begin working on it soon. It should be easy to program.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

Markybhoy

3,277. Posted:

I've been looking forward to trying this so glad to see its coming out in Europe, the forum will probably get flooded with Europeans soon :)

Markybhoy

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,278. Posted:

Markybhoy wrote:

I've been looking forward to trying this so glad to see its coming out in Europe, the forum will probably get flooded with Europeans soon :)

Well, then. Let's get the tutorials ready! I wonder if we can clean up the Tutorial thread a bit?

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,279. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Hey guys! This finally released in Europe, so I'm going to get back into PTC! I'll try to release some games before September, including Dungeon Adventure version 1.0. If we make great games, Europeans will buy it and make great games! Let's get programming!

I just came up with a great idea for a game! GAME & WATCH Punch Out!! I'll begin working on it soon. It should be easy to program.

Glad your back @Swordx . A lot has happened,i've been making text games and i just finished a small tutorial program,and there has been a lot of other awesome games people have been making here......Your Punch Out idea sounds great! Those Game and Watch games are really fun!

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,280. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

Markybhoy wrote:

Well, then. Let's get the tutorials ready! I wonder if we can clean up the Tutorial thread a bit?

Yeah,i guess its good that i just finished my tutorial program. I'm gonna start finishing up my second one!