DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 3,201 to 3,220 of 9,530

AuthorMessage

Hale-Bopp

3,201. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

It sounds awesome! I just finished my medievel fantasy text game. The QR codes are on the QR code sharing forum.

Nice! I'm trying it out right now, this is fun. I like the different weapons that you get. I answered the monster's questions correctly and eventually fought a giant spider and made it all the way to the end. Good game so far!

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter: HaleaciousB

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,202. Posted:

Hale-Bopp wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

It sounds awesome! I just finished my medievel fantasy text game. The QR codes are on the QR code sharing forum.

Nice! I'm trying it out right now, this is fun. I like the different weapons that you get. I answered the monster's questions correctly and eventually fought a giant spider and made it all the way to the end. Good game so far!

Thanks! Its my first Petit Computer program. I am working on part 2 right now,in the start of it you leave the first dungeon and enter a town to forge a powerful sword made out of Lazue stone,a stone that glows with a dark blue.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,203. Posted:

@zeldafoursword even if you don't learn BASIC,there is tons of fun games to play! I have 340 petit computer programs in my list to play. If you wanna see a pretty big list of petit computer games,go to the petit computer wikia.

AuthorMessage

damolii

3,204. Posted:

Anyone celebrate the anniversary of this forum?? It was like a week ago XD

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,205. Posted:

damolii wrote:

A lot of us probably forgot. :(

AuthorMessage

zeldafoursword

3,206. Posted:

ok thanks everyone i just downloaded the game and i think its pretty cool! :D i cant wait to try other games and i hope to learn a little and program my own game :)

zeldafoursword

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

3,207. Posted:

damolii wrote:

It brings back the bitter memories of how it wasn't ME who created this thread!

Then again, I did get the first non-op comment in here!

Morphtorok wrote:

I'll buy it immediately.

I can't wait to make a harvest moon or a tamagotchi clone.

Funny how my harvest moon clone started as a tamagotchi clone. Two birds with a stone.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

zeldafoursword

3,208. Posted:

Guys i dont want to sound like a noob but i got a problem, im scanning some qr codes for games, i scan all of them and every game i start to play it appears on the screen a message: "cannot locate file" and the sprites of the game appears glitchy, what should i do?

zeldafoursword

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

3,209. Posted:

zeldafoursword wrote:

Guys i dont want to sound like a noob but i got a problem, im scanning some qr codes for games, i scan all of them and every game i start to play it appears on the screen a message: "cannot locate file" and the sprites of the game appears glitchy, what should i do?

Happened to me before. This is yours or the creators fault. Try rescanning.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,210. Posted:

Noooooo!!!!!!!! Pnlstr x,y,"string" wont print anything on the lower screen.HELP.

Pokemon Mains:Infernape,Stunfisk,Garchomp
Smash Mains:Sonic,Fox,Ike

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

Hale-Bopp

3,211. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Noooooo!!!!!!!! Pnlstr x,y,"string" wont print anything on the lower screen.HELP.

Oops, I just realized you need another line. My bad.
Before that line, include the following:
PNLTYPE "OFF"
That will turn off the keyboard so you can print on the touch screen.

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,212. Posted:

The keyboard stayed and no words were printed. Petit computer is starting to annoy me. >:(

AuthorMessage

Hale-Bopp

3,213. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

The keyboard stayed and no words were printed. Petit computer is starting to annoy me. >:(

I'm guessing that's because that's the only code you're running. Try inserting something like WAIT 300 on the line after PNLSTR, then execute the program so you can see the results for a period of time before the program ends and the keyboard comes back on.

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,214. Posted:

Hale-Bopp wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

I'm guessing that's because that's the only code you're running. Try inserting something like WAIT 300 on the line after PNLSTR, then execute the program so you can see the results for a period of time before the program ends and the keyboard comes back on.

Hooray! It works thank you very much but one last thing how do I keep pnltype "off" and keep the text without it leaving? Btw this is for the conversation part of my game, the sprite s look like they are talking while their speech is shown on the lower screen!

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,215. Posted:

Discard the above post Ive worked around it

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,216. Posted:

Heyyyyyyy... Im not new to the website and these forums/ptc

AuthorMessage

Gimmemorecoinz

3,217. Posted:

Soultic wrote:

GUYS! PLEASE! Im a new guy and i ask a few questions everyone ignores me! I tell them about my game and I cant release a demo yet everyone ignores me! YET, another guy completly new to petit computer and this website everyone answers his questions! I thought this was fun until everyone started treating me like such a NOOB! IM NOT A NOOB IM ACCUTALLY GOOD AT PROGRAMMING! Please, dont think im just whining over a person not giving an answer im talking about ALL the qeustions I asked and there back a few pages ago! LIsten I'm accutally good at programming and im planning the release of Soul, a first-person shooter, in a few weeks. thats all I wanted to say. :'(

I'm not on here alot. you seem kinda flustered. I get like that to when people don't answer my questions. It's important to remember though if your questions aren't formed properly or very well no one will pay attention to them (I don't think I was on when you asked).
I have a question for you now. :3 Are you making it for Petit computer? I don't think Petit computer is capable of running a first person shooter.
If not, then it's probably for PC.
You say you're a good programmer. That's good. You should be able to use the Petit computer function guide then right? Or you haven't found it yet?

Petit Computer is very different from regular pc programming (I'm just going to guess that's where your strength is) because it's built on the 3DS alot of things in Petit Computer still depend on the hardware state of the 3DS. Giving you pretty well limited access to higher level functions.
I guess, a common mis perception is you can do anything in any programming language. Most modern ones. yes. Petit Computer. I wouldn't say so it has it's own limitations for instance I think there's a sprite limitation. And it will only draw pixels to your 3DS so fast as well. :/ Geometry on Petit Computer seems pretty fast.

If you have any specific questions you can also pm me about them. I might not get back to you though.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage

KaiserD

3,218. Posted:

if it is like doom it might be entirely possible to bring it to PTC, i remember having a homebrew Doom game on my flashcard for my DSi, it wouldnt be a stretch to make it for PTC.

Also, remember, PTC is based off of DSi technology capabilities, not 3DS

on another note, I made new songs for my game :3

WIP:
Natura Deity - Chapter 1 - A choose your own adventure game with more emphasis on story than just the random events occuring

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,219. Posted:

zeldafoursword wrote:

Either its the creators fault or there is more QR codes on the page and you have to scan those for other files in the game. Also i would recommend going to the petit computer wikia and looking for Tristones. Its a really fun sidescroller much like Terraria. If you wanna know enough BASIC to make a text adventure game i can make tutorial games on petit computer or i can post the info here. Your choice.

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

3,220. Posted:

I posted part 2 of The Land of Trinia on the QR code forum!