Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 9,620

Discostew

Fadeintodust wrote:

How would I go about having one sprite angle and point itself towards the location of another sprite?

That would require some trigonometry by getting the difference in the X/Y positions of the two sprites, and using the ATAN function to retrieve the angle between them. You'd then input that angle into SPANGLE for the sprite you want pointing at it.

X1=200:Y1=20:'Sprite 1 location, what Sprite 2 will look at
X2=128:Y2=96:'Sprite 2

SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,0
SPHOME 0,8,8
SPOFS 0,X1,Y1

SPSET 1,96,0,0,0,0
SPHOME 1,8,8
SPOFS 1,X2,Y2

S2ANG=DEG(ATAN(Y1-Y2,X1-X2))
SPANGLE 1,S2ANG

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Fadeintodust

Didn't quite work out as I expected. Untitled PRG Untitled CHR

Fadeintodust

Fadeintodust

@TexMurphy
Really? Hmm. Well, hopefully, this'll work.
Untitled

And thank's for your help! Worked like a charm.

Fadeintodust

Fadeintodust

@TexMurphy

Oh, I believe you should be able to handle that by using IF B AND 1, which should allow PTC to read multiple button inputs at once.

Although, after some test, you should probably keep 256 an == thingee, statement, whatever. I GOTO @BED now, good night.

Edited on by Fadeintodust

Fadeintodust

Arn0ld

Hey does anyone know how to "print" on the bottom, lower, touch screen?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Hale-Bopp

hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp could you tell us a little about your text game?

It's a fantasy based choose-your-own-adventure/4th wall text game. It's got some original music that I wrote for it and a custom made font for all the text.

The story can go in all sorts of different directions as you're playing, but the main plot line that you follow to finish the game involves reaching an ancient tomb in search of some unknown artifact and you have to get there before an evil army reaches it first, because they believe it holds great power. Whomever wields the mysterious and great ancient power, rules the land.

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Try this:

PNLSTR x,y,"string"

"PNLSTR" sets your string to display on the lower panel and "x,y" are your coordinates on the bottom screen followed by your string.

Edited on by Hale-Bopp

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

zeldafoursword

guys i dont have any knowledge of how to use basic or even program anything, do you think i can still use this game? i really want to buy it but im a little scared of wasting money and dont know anything, do you think that with some tutorials i can use it?

zeldafoursword

KaiserD

Hale-Bopp wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

It's a fantasy based choose-your-own-adventure/4th wall text game. It's got some original music that I wrote for it and a custom made font for all the text.

The story can go in all sorts of different directions as you're playing, but the main plot line that you follow to finish the game involves reaching an ancient tomb in search of some unknown artifact and you have to get there before an evil army reaches it first, because they believe it holds great power. Whomever wields the mysterious and great ancient power, rules the land.

Seems awesome, im making a choose your own adventure as well, but im thinking of splitting it into different parts though if i dont, i almost have enough for the demo (which would be part 1). My main issue is that i have a bunch of things i would like to do with Part 1 retroactively, but it would take to long to retroactively do (namely fixing text wrap, but that involves changing a LOT of prints and such).
If i do everything the way i plan, Part 2 will have all the fixs and work no problem with the data from part 1.

Mine is kind of a cliche'd shonen jump type of story. You are a boy at a school for those smart enough to never have to worry about studies, so they focus on magic. Namely its a journey in which you decide Newton, the main character's future by the choices you make. Similar to many visual novels... minus most of the visuals lol

Hale-Bopp wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Try this:

PNLSTR x,y,"string"

"PNLSTR" sets your string to display on the lower panel and "x,y" are your coordinates on the bottom screen followed by your string.

was kinda wondering how to do that myself

also, speaking of part 1 of the game, I've finished about half of it. I need to finish the other branching path and then make some more music for it that i can carry over no problem, as well as retroactively insert music changes to suit the events going on.

WIP:
Natura Deity - Chapter 1 - A choose your own adventure game with more emphasis on story than just the random events occuring

KaiserD

zeldafoursword wrote:

guys i dont have any knowledge of how to use basic or even program anything, do you think i can still use this game? i really want to buy it but im a little scared of wasting money and dont know anything, do you think that with some tutorials i can use it?

you should be fine if you are willing to learn a little programming logic. There are plenty of tutorials out there if you want to make basic games, just dont expect to make high quality games from the get go without a little bit of patience

WIP:
Natura Deity - Chapter 1 - A choose your own adventure game with more emphasis on story than just the random events occuring

zeldafoursword

do you know any good tutorial i can use? thanks

zeldafoursword

Pixelrobin

@zeldafoursword How 'bout this thread? The included programs also help a lot. Plus I'm making a site with a few others for tutorials.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Arn0ld

zeldafoursword wrote:

Just search around the forums on nl and gamefaqs. Thats where Im learning.

Botw > OoT

Arn0ld

Hale-Bopp wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Try this:

PNLSTR x,y,"string"

Thanks I will try this today if It works the opening cutscene to my game is done! If it was worke so far I will have a:
Sorta functional menu, only start game works
A forest cutscene using the 16 bit graphics
A conversation follewed by a still be ing coded battle system!btw Im still learning so when I have ever finish chapter 1, I will figure out how to post the qr codes

Botw > OoT

Hairmanban19

Hale-Bopp wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Try this:

PNLSTR x,y,"string"

It sounds awesome! I just finished my medievel fantasy text game. The QR codes are on the QR code sharing forum.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

zeldafoursword wrote:

Here on Nintendolife we have a tutorial thread. So you could get help there and people have posted links to a couple other tutorial websites.

Hale-Bopp

hairmanban19 wrote:

It sounds awesome! I just finished my medievel fantasy text game. The QR codes are on the QR code sharing forum.

Nice! I'm trying it out right now, this is fun. I like the different weapons that you get. I answered the monster's questions correctly and eventually fought a giant spider and made it all the way to the end. Good game so far!

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Hairmanban19

Hale-Bopp wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Nice! I'm trying it out right now, this is fun. I like the different weapons that you get. I answered the monster's questions correctly and eventually fought a giant spider and made it all the way to the end. Good game so far!

Thanks! Its my first Petit Computer program. I am working on part 2 right now,in the start of it you leave the first dungeon and enter a town to forge a powerful sword made out of Lazue stone,a stone that glows with a dark blue.

Hairmanban19

@zeldafoursword even if you don't learn BASIC,there is tons of fun games to play! I have 340 petit computer programs in my list to play. If you wanna see a pretty big list of petit computer games,go to the petit computer wikia.

damolii

Anyone celebrate the anniversary of this forum?? It was like a week ago XD

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic