Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 9,620

Nitras

Sorry. Here it is.
@ZLOOP
IF ZOOM>160 THEN ZOOM=160
IF ZOOM<32 THEN ZOOM=32
FOR X=0 TO 10
SPSCALE X,ZOOM,16
POSX=SPGETV(X,2) 'this tracks the sprite's x and y because I don't understand spread.
POSY=SPGETV(X,3)
SPOFS X,POSX*(ZOOM/100),POSY*(ZOOM/100),16
NEXT X
WAIT 16
RETURN
Also, I don't suppose anyone has some generic 32x32 side-scroller character sprites I could use as a base for fighters?

Nitras

Discostew

@Nitras - Are you using 10 sprites, or 11? FOR loops dealing with an inclusive range. Your code assumes you are using 11 sprites for it (from 0 to 10). If you are meant to use 11, then check the set-up for those sprites and see if that is defining 11 sprites instead of 10.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

Hey guys I know I've been gone for a while it's because I'm just unteachable I tried to keep notes and that didn't work. I tried to pay attention to the posts for info that didn't work either so what im saying is that I'm done with programming. And don't say oh he is a quitter and won't amount to any thing so I'm sick of petit computer im sticking with playing games than making it was fun while it lasted... goodbye petit computer signed Bl0x0r. Ps dont dare criticize me.

You're just a quitter and won't amount to anything! Just kidding!

Seriously, though, there is a community tutorial project going on. @bluerobin2 is doing it. We're all going to pitch in and help. We need people like you. Specifically, we need people to tell us where their failure points are so we can address them. How about sharing your notes so we can all benefit? Instead of quitting, how about wait a few more months until such tutorial project is completed?

Even if you're not a programmer, you can still play the games and give the author valuable feedback. We want feedback on our games so we can make them better. Really. It's not just OS and paint programs. As long as we are active, there is a lot more going on than just simple apps. I, for one, am sketching RPG maker type of program. It's rather involved, so not for beginner, but it exists.

Nitras wrote:

Quick question: I'm trying to build a Super Smash Bros.-esque game, and to allow me to zoom in and out, the stages are going to be built with sprites. However, after making a basic FOR loop to use SPSCALE and SPOFS in tandem, the last sprite in the loop (sp 10) slowly disappears, from the top to the bottom, whenever I zoom out. Does anyone have any idea why this might happen?

Nobody starts with Pong, anymore? Or Hi-Lo game?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Nitras wrote:

Sorry. Here it is.
@ZLOOP
IF ZOOM>160 THEN ZOOM=160
IF ZOOM<32 THEN ZOOM=32
FOR X=0 TO 10
SPSCALE X,ZOOM,16
POSX=SPGETV(X,2) 'this tracks the sprite's x and y because I don't understand spread.
POSY=SPGETV(X,3)
SPOFS X,POSX*(ZOOM/100),POSY*(ZOOM/100),16
NEXT X
WAIT 16
RETURN
Also, I don't suppose anyone has some generic 32x32 side-scroller character sprites I could use as a base for fighters?

I don't understand what you mean by "slowly disappear from top to bottom." Looking at the code, there's nothing there that specifically wrong. It's possible that the behavior is tied up with the original SPOFS values. Did you initialize them all? Try changing initialization value and switch them all up, to see if this is an isolated incident. Also, try to add/remove sprites. If I remember correctly, there's a limitation of SPSCALE that only allows it to zoom twice its original size, so check that the zoom values are all equal. If it's really an isolated sprite, then faulty initialization is the likely culprit.

EDIT:
The above is basically what @Discostew said, except more verbose.

This is not terribly important, but using X as iterator variable can get confusing after a while. Try using something more descriptive.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Discostew

ramstrong wrote:

<.<
>.>

I.....kinda went directly to Megaman 2, lol.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Discostew wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

<.<
>.>

I.....kinda went directly to Megaman 2, lol.

ROTFL. Yeah, but you're some kind of genius or something. You always impress me every time you post.

Tom Sloper has a set of 10 games you should be making. He used to start with Tetris game, but then changed his mind and last I checked he starts with Pong. Then breakout, space invader, and so on.

Petit Computer Journal

Nitras

ramstrong wrote:

=)
Actually, this isn't the first thing I've done. That was a program to play the preset songs easily.

Nitras

bl0x0r3303

Thanks that really motivated me

bl0x0r3303

flamerunner

How do you make petit computer program a QR code me and my dad need to know

flamerunner

bl0x0r3303

I forgot most things about the app because of lack of experience in coding. So is it possible to make a horror type game that is like slender but from the third person. If so how would I program slender and randomize the map and page/note places. And should I make custom sprites and maps? Sorry for asking so much.
:3

bl0x0r3303

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong thank you for understanding. Anyone here with web-programming experience? I have some, But I cannot do this alone. I also need help with server side scripting for I know html like a boss and JavaScript like the next guy. That's about it (Wait add some CSS on a noob level). Right now I am very intrigued by AppleScript. It is a very interesting language and I do like Apple's attempt at making programming like talking in plain English. Although I Dislike Apple altogether IMO (Yeah I said it.). So i'm sorry to say that I haven't been working too much on the community but been on my reeeaaaaallllyyyy old imac I got for free running mac OS 9 that I was about to throw away, making a program which places passwords on folders. This program will be for all Macs. so yeah....... anyways...

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Justlink

@flamerunner search petit computer top page and find the site, download the qr conventor. Once you convert, u can print a pic of the qr. Earlier in this forum, there are hyperlinks to a site that converts them into photos u can post online

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

bl0x0r3303

Yea about horror games I know nobody attempted it yet but I was wondering if it was possibru

bl0x0r3303

Northrnpikefish

I am beginning work on a Contra game. It will be a prequel set during the actual Contra War in Nicaragua. I don't know much about programming yet, but I'm slowly learning. I hope to finish by Christmas. If anyone is interested in helping, let me know. I mainly need help with porting music to mml format. I have the whole story and character thing in a notebook, as well as a new feature: a gun shop. All levels are designed, but they need ported. Any help would be appreciated, but I won't start serious work until some more tutorials come out. Right now, the guy can move. That's it.

Northrnpikefish

Hairmanban19

Northrnpikefish wrote:

I am beginning work on a Contra game. It will be a prequel set during the actual Contra War in Nicaragua. I don't know much about programming yet, but I'm slowly learning. I hope to finish by Christmas. If anyone is interested in helping, let me know. I mainly need help with porting music to mml format. I have the whole story and character thing in a notebook, as well as a new feature: a gun shop. All levels are designed, but they need ported. Any help would be appreciated, but I won't start serious work until some more tutorials come out. Right now, the guy can move. That's it.

I don't know enough BASIC to help you but it sounds like it'll be pretty cool and i hope you'll get to finish it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Northrnpikefish

I hope I finish it, too. The biggest challenge will be the gun shop, with 20 guns, that's a lot of data to program. I may not implement that for a while. If anyone doesn't know what Contra is, look on youtube. There are tons of videos on there regarding Contra.

Northrnpikefish

Hairmanban19

Northrnpikefish wrote:

I hope I finish it, too. The biggest challenge will be the gun shop, with 20 guns, that's a lot of data to program. I may not implement that for a while. If anyone doesn't know what Contra is, look on youtube. There are tons of videos on there regarding Contra.

Yeah,i've played a couple of them.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Fadeintodust

Salut human male and female specimens!
It's been ages since I posted here. I recently completed a couple of simple programs, and I was wondering if someone could look at the code and uhm. I don't know, see if I can improve anything, not that I'll really do anything more with these programs. But it's good to learn. Or something. I don't know... I need more sleep. Probably shouldn't be typing at 4 in the morning.

Fadeintodust

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic