Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 9,620

ramstrong

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Lol this is an interesting situation. But I've already made mine, it's in the QR code thread (and on the wiki). It's not really a graphics editing program but more of a place to jot down some things or to play with. It's fun to watch what you drew redraw itself (or at least, I like watching stuff draw itself).

That's cool! Vector drawing program. I was planning to do something like that for the competition. Mine would be closer to Turtle graphic, however. I ran out of time, so I didn't make it. BTW, between last post and now, I just turned my program to simple FlipNote type. I should post the QR/video sometime soon.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@ramstrong Ah, so instead of having fixed and exact points, everything would be an offset from a previous one? That would probably compress better than mine considering that most of the time, vectors are only 1-5 points away from the previous when writing.

randomous

Hamjam00

ramstrong wrote:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Lol this is an interesting situation. But I've already made mine, it's in the QR code thread (and on the wiki). It's not really a graphics editing program but more of a place to jot down some things or to play with. It's fun to watch what you drew redraw itself (or at least, I like watching stuff draw itself).

That's cool! Vector drawing program. I was planning to do something like that for the competition. Mine would be closer to Turtle graphic, however. I ran out of time, so I didn't make it. BTW, between last post and now, I just turned my program to simple FlipNote type. I should post the QR/video sometime soon.

My first one was crappy and slow but It literally took me 5 minutes to code so, i have done some major editing. But yes, this is the weirdest thing to happen to the forum lol

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

ramstrong

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Ah, so instead of having fixed and exact points, everything would be an offset from a previous one? That would probably compress better than mine considering that most of the time, vectors are only 1-5 points away from the previous when writing.

Exactly! Compression size is the most important consideration in my design. I even designed macro function just to compress it further.

@Hamjam00
You'll upload the code when you're done, right? Oh, I can't wait! This is very exciting!

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

@ramstrong I mean, even if you didn't compress it (like I did...not? I didn't compress it in that manner, you know what I mean), you'll still get over 400 seconds of pure drawing time. I mean, that's no good if you'll be working on a picture for hours, but that wasn't the point to my application. I can't wait to see yours now! You too, @Hamjam00!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

uuuummmmm, Now that I think about it, I made a simple pixel art program... This is really weird... Can I join?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

shinydragonmist

i am still new at this but i have been wandering is it possible to make a tower defense game with petit computer. thanks

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443

Hairmanban19

shinydragonmist wrote:

i am still new at this but i have been wandering is it possible to make a tower defense game with petit computer. thanks

Yeah,you should be able to make a pretty good Tower Defense game with Petit Computer.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

shinydragonmist

hairmanban19 wrote:

shinydragonmist wrote:

Yeah,you should be able to make a pretty good Tower Defense game with Petit Computer.

cool now all i9 have to do is figure out how to this might take me awhile

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443

MrSirr

How would I make a moving gline(like a stream), when it touches itself(no pun intended) goto a loop(gameover)?

MrSirr

Pixelrobin

@MrSirr Define x and y variables for the front of a line, then make a new line every time around in a loop kind of coding. Check if there is a certain color (the line color) at the x,y position and if there is, GOTO game over screen. Try figuring it out yourself without any of us giving you the code and ask SMALL questions along the way. You don't learn coding by asking others to do it all for you completely...

I have 2 questions as well. How can I get a color of a character? and how can I save some graphics on the screen to a GRP file? Do i use GCOPY?

Edited on by Pixelrobin

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

uuuummmmm, Now that I think about it, I made a simple pixel art program... This is really weird... Can I join?

I suppose so, but I am at loss as to what you want to join. Either you were inspired to create a paint program last weekend, or you weren't. It's not like we have a special directory or site for this.

I post mine on QR sharing thread. Check out the video showing the program in action.

Does the QR stitcher program works with QR off the zip files? Because for some reason, Windows kept posting it backwards in my skydrive.

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have 2 questions as well. How can I get a color of a character? and how can I save some graphics on the screen to a GRP file? Do i use GCOPY?

Read color palette either 14 or 15, I forget which. You can only save whole screen, so put it up on second hidden screen and save that instead. If you want less than full screen, you may want to encode data on the first line to define the active region.

Petit Computer Journal

steriaca

@MrSirr: Take a look at other people's "Snake" programs (there is one on YouTube for Petit Computer...all you have to do is run the video, scan the QRs from it, then look at the coad and see if you understand it).

Why make a copy of the Light Cycle from the Tron game when there are three other sub-games? Anyways, I'll chalk it up to 'learning'.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

randomous

@ramstrong Yeah, of course! Just download the zip from smile boom, extract them to a folder, and give that folder path to the program. The qr stitcher is on the wiki (I can't link right now because I'm on my phone, sorry). The one on this thread is rather old, so make sure you use the one on the wiki if you actually want to stitch stuff

Edit: http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_QR_Stitcher

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong, I do not understand. Those were 2 separate questions. I need to read the color of characters so I could use it to draw a separate grp which I need to save. I suppose I could save it to a MEM file (Which I could).. But I still do not get how you would read the color of a character at a certain position. In my case, The characters are squares. About my drawing program, I made it on a weeked, so I had it up when I read this. I decided to make it better though.
@MrSirr you might also want to look into a game called light cycle on the petit computer wiki. The game fits your definition perfectly.

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong, I do not understand. Those were 2 separate questions. I need to read the color of characters so I could use it to draw a separate grp which I need to save. I suppose I could save it to a MEM file (Which I could).. But I still do not get how you would read the color of a character at a certain position. In my case, The characters are squares. About my drawing program, I made it on a weeked, so I had it up when I read this. I decided to make it better though.

The characters, you mean text screen, right? It defaults on palette colors. You cannot set it up separately. Whatever palette color on color 15(or 14) is the color of the text. If you want graphics, then GSPOIT will read the color.

You don't need to use MEM$. You can load/save frame buffers individually without having them displayed. But it's up to you.

Post your drawing program, then. I already have visions of better Animator version, with colors! I suppose it'll be like Flipnote->Flipmemo improvement. First one is simple black and white. Second one with colors!

@Randomouscrap98

Thanks! FYI, QR code size isn't fixed because the amount of error correction coding involved. The more error correction used, the more forgiving in capture. Apparently PTCUtilities uses least amount of error correction.

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

@ramstrong Errr but they're all the same size, right? That's all that matters in my program: it doesn't care what size the QR images are, as long as they're all the same size as each other. They don't even need to be square lol. Someone has already used my program to stitch together PTCUtilities QR codes, so I know it works. Oh, and your flipnote program is really cool! It'd be really awesome if GRP files could be loaded faster, but there's nothing we can do about it. Oh well, it's still really neat!

Edit: Thanks for using my QR Stitcher!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Errr but they're all the same size, right? That's all that matters in my program: it doesn't care what size the QR images are, as long as they're all the same size as each other. They don't even need to be square lol. Someone has already used my program to stitch together PTCUtilities QR codes, so I know it works. Oh, and your flipnote program is really cool! It'd be really awesome if GRP files could be loaded faster, but there's nothing we can do about it. Oh well, it's still really neat!

Oh, I was talking about the difference in QR number, not resolution. So, PTC Util may output 4 QR, but PT Edit may end up with 5, with the same code. Speaking of resolution, can you preview the image resolution size before I press the Stitch button? It will help me make a decision as to how many QR code I want to fit in a row. Brilliant program, BTW. The stitched image is up in the directory, now. Thank you for writing this program.

Have you removed the built-in delay that I put into the program? I thought of putting in a variable so it's easily modified at the top. Oh well. If enough people want it, I guess I can update.

in the @ANIM sub there is a line that says
FOR J=0 TO 10:VSYNC 1: IF BTRIG ...
NEXT J
GOTO @ANIM2

Change that to FOR J=0 TO 0:VSYNC 1: IF BTRIG ...
And that's as fast as it goes.

I'm curious as to how many saved images can Petit Computer hold, because if it is possible, I'd like to put in 48 images for the next Animator program!

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

@ramstrong The program isn't able to tell the size of the images until it begins stitching, so I suppose I could preread all the images as soon as the user selects a directory, but then the program may hang on slower computers. That's a good idea though, so I'll see what I can do about adding it. And I didn't know you were talking about the number of images, I'm sorry! I know PTCUtilities generates less images, but I still like using the smileboom one (IDK why). I think at some point someone said that Petit Computer has 10mb reserved for files, so if each GRP is only 50k, you can probably (maybe) save around 200 of them.

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic