DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 2,721 to 2,740 of 9,294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

2,721. Posted:

@Randomouscrap98, Here is my updated version of your text wrap program that fits my needs. I hope it answers any questions.
Untitled
Note: This is just a demo for randomouscrap98. It is NOT a game.

Houston, We have a Syntax Error.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nitras

2,722. Posted:

I just got petit composer, and while it's simple to use I have one question. How would I use an MML string saved in a GRP file?

Nitras

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

2,723. Posted:

Nitras wrote:

I just got petit composer, and while it's simple to use I have one question. How would I use an MML string saved in a GRP file?

Do you know how it writes the MML string to the GRP? Assuming you are able to get the length and position it starts, you just read it pixel-by-pixel, left-to-right, top-to-bottom on the GRP until you have multiple strings of the MML track (with each string being up to 256 characters). You would then use BGMSET or BGMPLAY, taking those strings, and using them for the parameters. For example, if you had A1$, A2$,...,A9$ filled with MML data, you'd use BGMSET like this...

BGMSET 0,A1$,A2$,A3$,A4$,A5$,A6$,A7$,A8$,A9$

If you needed only 5 string variables, you could still use the remaining ones, so long as they are empty.

If you are unsure about how to read from the GRP, just take a look at how I did it with my MM2 Audio Player.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/projects/megaman-2-ptc/megaman-2-ptc...

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomous

2,724. Posted:

@Bluerobin2 Lol I like the textbox! It looks really nice, and I like that it was directed at me haha. Hope whatever you use it in goes well

randomous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

2,725. Posted:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@HamJam00 It's [img][/img] with the url in between

Also, here's a bunch of other stuff you can do: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/help/helpful_tips_for_form...

Hey, I got bored this weekend and made a drawing program too! It's like it's the drawing program weekend or something. Well, really I got "inspiration" to make it, but it's still drawing program weekend lol.

No way! Both of you and HamJam are inspired to write a drawing program? That's unbelievable, because ... me too!
Hey, how about we all do our drawing program and see which one is best? >:)
Here's a quick one that I did in an hour:

@INIT
ACLS:GPAINT 1,1,1
PNLTYPE “OFF”
GPAGE 1: GPAINT 1,1,1
LOCATE 7,5:?”QUICKIE DRAW”
LOCATE 9,7:?”BY”
LOCATE 11,9:?”HARRY HARDJONO”
LOCATE 6,17:?”A CLEAR SCREEN”
LOCATE 6,18:?”B CLEAR PROGRAM”

@PRE
S=TCHST:X0=TCHX:Y0=TCHY
IF BTRIG()==16 GOTO @INIT
IF BTRIG()==32 GOTO @END
IF S==0 GOTO @PRE
@LOOP
X1=TCHX:Y1=TCHY
GLINE X0,Y0,X1,Y1,14
X0=X1:Y0=Y1
IF TCHST==0 GOTO @PRE ELSE GOTO @LOOP
@END
END

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomous

2,726. Posted:

@ramstrong Lol this is an interesting situation. But I've already made mine, it's in the QR code thread (and on the wiki). It's not really a graphics editing program but more of a place to jot down some things or to play with. It's fun to watch what you drew redraw itself (or at least, I like watching stuff draw itself).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrSirr

2,727. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@HamJam00 It's [img][/img] with the url in between

Also, here's a bunch of other stuff you can do: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/help/helpful_tips_for_form...

Hey, I got bored this weekend and made a drawing program too! It's like it's the drawing program weekend or something. Well, really I got "inspiration" to make it, but it's still drawing program weekend lol.

No way! Both of you and HamJam are inspired to write a drawing program? That's unbelievable, because ... me too!
Hey, how about we all do our drawing program and see which one is best? >:)
Here's a quick one that I did in an hour:

@INIT
ACLS:GPAINT 1,1,1
PNLTYPE “OFF”
GPAGE 1: GPAINT 1,1,1
LOCATE 7,5:?”QUICKIE DRAW”
LOCATE 9,7:?”BY”
LOCATE 11,9:?”HARRY HARDJONO”
LOCATE 6,17:?”A CLEAR SCREEN”
LOCATE 6,18:?”B CLEAR PROGRAM”

@PRE
S=TCHST:X0=TCHX:Y0=TCHY
IF BTRIG()==16 GOTO @INIT
IF BTRIG()==32 GOTO @END
IF S==0 GOTO @PRE
@LOOP
X1=TCHX:Y1=TCHY
GLINE X0,Y0,X1,Y1,14
X0=X1:Y0=Y1
IF TCHST==0 GOTO @PRE ELSE GOTO @LOOP
@END
END

You dont need the @END though really. You could just put
IF BTRIG()==32 THEN END
just sayin lol

MrSirr

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

2,728. Posted:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Lol this is an interesting situation. But I've already made mine, it's in the QR code thread (and on the wiki). It's not really a graphics editing program but more of a place to jot down some things or to play with. It's fun to watch what you drew redraw itself (or at least, I like watching stuff draw itself).

That's cool! Vector drawing program. I was planning to do something like that for the competition. Mine would be closer to Turtle graphic, however. I ran out of time, so I didn't make it. BTW, between last post and now, I just turned my program to simple FlipNote type. I should post the QR/video sometime soon.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomous

2,729. Posted:

@ramstrong Ah, so instead of having fixed and exact points, everything would be an offset from a previous one? That would probably compress better than mine considering that most of the time, vectors are only 1-5 points away from the previous when writing.

randomous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hamjam00

2,730. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Lol this is an interesting situation. But I've already made mine, it's in the QR code thread (and on the wiki). It's not really a graphics editing program but more of a place to jot down some things or to play with. It's fun to watch what you drew redraw itself (or at least, I like watching stuff draw itself).

That's cool! Vector drawing program. I was planning to do something like that for the competition. Mine would be closer to Turtle graphic, however. I ran out of time, so I didn't make it. BTW, between last post and now, I just turned my program to simple FlipNote type. I should post the QR/video sometime soon.

My first one was crappy and slow but It literally took me 5 minutes to code so, i have done some major editing. But yes, this is the weirdest thing to happen to the forum lol

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

2,731. Posted:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@ramstrong Ah, so instead of having fixed and exact points, everything would be an offset from a previous one? That would probably compress better than mine considering that most of the time, vectors are only 1-5 points away from the previous when writing.

Exactly! Compression size is the most important consideration in my design. I even designed macro function just to compress it further. :)

@Hamjam00
You'll upload the code when you're done, right? Oh, I can't wait! This is very exciting!

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hamjam00

2,732. Posted:

Oh heck yeah! @ramstrong It will be bundled with my os

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomous

2,733. Posted:

@ramstrong I mean, even if you didn't compress it (like I did...not? I didn't compress it in that manner, you know what I mean), you'll still get over 400 seconds of pure drawing time. I mean, that's no good if you'll be working on a picture for hours, but that wasn't the point to my application. I can't wait to see yours now! You too, @Hamjam00!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

2,734. Posted:

uuuummmmm, Now that I think about it, I made a simple pixel art program... This is really weird... Can I join?

Houston, We have a Syntax Error.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shinydragonmist

2,735. Posted:

i am still new at this but i have been wandering is it possible to make a tower defense game with petit computer. thanks

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

2,736. Posted:

shinydragonmist wrote:

i am still new at this but i have been wandering is it possible to make a tower defense game with petit computer. thanks

Yeah,you should be able to make a pretty good Tower Defense game with Petit Computer.

Nintendo ID: Hairmanban19. Working on a secret PTC project... If you're wondering why the knight in my profile pic has a shovel, here is the explanation: http://yachtclubgames.com/shovel-knight/

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shinydragonmist

2,737. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

shinydragonmist wrote:

i am still new at this but i have been wandering is it possible to make a tower defense game with petit computer. thanks

Yeah,you should be able to make a pretty good Tower Defense game with Petit Computer.

cool now all i9 have to do is figure out how to this might take me awhile

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrSirr

2,738. Posted:

How would I make a moving gline(like a stream), when it touches itself(no pun intended) goto a loop(gameover)?

MrSirr

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

2,739. Posted:

@MrSirr Define x and y variables for the front of a line, then make a new line every time around in a loop kind of coding. Check if there is a certain color (the line color) at the x,y position and if there is, GOTO game over screen. Try figuring it out yourself without any of us giving you the code and ask SMALL questions along the way. You don't learn coding by asking others to do it all for you completely...

I have 2 questions as well. How can I get a color of a character? and how can I save some graphics on the screen to a GRP file? Do i use GCOPY?

Edited on by Bluerobin2

Houston, We have a Syntax Error.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

2,740. Posted:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

uuuummmmm, Now that I think about it, I made a simple pixel art program... This is really weird... Can I join?

I suppose so, but I am at loss as to what you want to join. Either you were inspired to create a paint program last weekend, or you weren't. It's not like we have a special directory or site for this.

I post mine on QR sharing thread. Check out the video showing the program in action.

Does the QR stitcher program works with QR off the zip files? Because for some reason, Windows kept posting it backwards in my skydrive.

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have 2 questions as well. How can I get a color of a character? and how can I save some graphics on the screen to a GRP file? Do i use GCOPY?

Read color palette either 14 or 15, I forget which. You can only save whole screen, so put it up on second hidden screen and save that instead. If you want less than full screen, you may want to encode data on the first line to define the active region.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855