Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 9,676

justlink

hi. I have returned. I am wondering, how do you save and reload numbers for a certain variable. I'm working on a program (tba l8r). Plz help. The reason i haven't been on is because of school.

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

Pixelrobin

@justlink...

Saving
SCORE=0
-SCORE UPDATE, GAME STUFF, BLAH BLAH-
HISCORE=SCORE
MEM$=STR$(HISCORE)
SAVE "MEM:NAMEHERE"

Info
•mem$ is the loading + saving string
•str$ turns a variable into a string
•Using save (mem) will save the contents of the mem$ string to a mem file.

Loading
(Put near beginning)
LOAD "MEM:NAMEHERE"
HISCORE=VAR(MEM$)
etc...

More Info
•During saving a variable, If it is a high score, you may want to do something like this to the saving code:
IF SCORE>HISCORE THEN SAVE"MEM:NAMEHERE"
•var turns a string into a variable

Hope it helps! Good luck!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Pixelrobin

I have tried and failed use of sphome. I know what it does but cannot make it cooperate. Could anyone supply an instance?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

ramstrong

steriaca wrote:

I haven't posted in a while. Basicly, right now I got tons of ideals for non-text games, and waiting for a pay period where I get lot of cash, and I don't have to dedicate most of my free cash. Why? So I can pick up one of the e-books about petit computer.

My question is...which version should I get for my black and white Nook? The Android one? The other one? Defently not the PC version of the e-book.

I don't know. I'm still waiting for it to come to Amazon for my Kindle.

@bluerobin2
I think my Asteroid program uses it. Look for it under Petit Computer Journal. Have you tried rotating sprites after you do SPHOME?
Edit: Petit Computer Journal: Trigonometry

I think I need to ease off my Fire Emblem Awakening. It's been pushing 100 hours so far. I could have written a few programs for that kind of time!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

MrSirr

ramstrong wrote:

steriaca wrote:

I haven't posted in a while. Basicly, right now I got tons of ideals for non-text games, and waiting for a pay period where I get lot of cash, and I don't have to dedicate most of my free cash. Why? So I can pick up one of the e-books about petit computer.

My question is...which version should I get for my black and white Nook? The Android one? The other one? Defently not the PC version of the e-book.

I don't know. I'm still waiting for it to come to Amazon for my Kindle.

@bluerobin2
I think my Asteroid program uses it. Look for it under Petit Computer Journal. Have you tried rotating sprites after you do SPHOME?
Edit: Petit Computer Journal: Trigonometry

I think I need to ease off my Fire Emblem Awakening. It's been pushing 100 hours so far. I could have written a few programs for that kind of time!

wow

MrSirr

Discostew

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have tried and failed use of sphome. I know what it does but cannot make it cooperate. Could anyone supply an instance?

Think of SPHOME as a second adjustment for the sprite. You use SPOFS to position the sprite on the screen, but you can use SPHOME to additional offset the sprite from the position given to SPOFS, though this offset is the negative of what you give it. SPHOME also changes the point of rotation for the sprite.Think of it like this.

You generate a sprite of 16x16. When created, the SPOFS is set at 0,0. SPHOME is also set at 0,0. This means the point of origin is at the top-left corner of the sprite, and the sprite itself is displayed at the top-left corner of the screen. If you rotate the sprite like this, you'll see it rotates along that top-left corner, but can rotate in and out of view of the screen. If you set SPHOME to 8,8, the sprite shifts to the left 8 pixels and 8 pixels up. Based on the SPOFS still being at 0,0, you'll only see the bottom-right section of the sprite. Setting SPOFS to 8x8 will now show the sprite fully at the top-left corner of the screen as if SPOFS and SPHOME were set to 0,0. So, what's the point? Well, now try to rotate the sprite. Instead of rotating along the top-left corner, it now rotates in the exact center of the sprite.

Hope that gives you an idea of what you can do with SPHOME.

As a dev of blargSNES, just stop with the claims that o3DS can emulate SNES games accurately @ 60fps. It cannot.

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

randomous

I made a new version of QuikNote over on the QR code thread. What's funny is that I actually used the program while it was in development to draw the plans for the rest of the features. I wonder if the makers of paint and other applications like this did the same thing? Like writing the code for Notepad... on an unfinished version of Notepad haha. I'm sure they did.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

MrSirr

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/6375/qr0.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/596/qr1.png

Ok so I'm doin really good on my game. Its a simple car dodge game like frogger only its solely a survival game. Now if you time it just right, you can just go in circles and avoid the cars easily. Can someone give me a suggesion to fix it? Thanks. P.S. I got the idea from Car Accident, so credit to the creator.

EDIT: You might need this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/3692/qr0z.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/596/qr1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/8189/qr2.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/8813/qr3f.png

Edited on by MrSirr

MrSirr

MrSirr

randomouscrap98 wrote:

I made a new version of QuikNote over on the QR code thread. What's funny is that I actually used the program while it was in development to draw the plans for the rest of the features. I wonder if the makers of paint and other applications like this did the same thing? Like writing the code for Notepad... on an unfinished version of Notepad haha. I'm sure they did.

lol dude thats freakin awesome

MrSirr

MrSirr

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@MrSirr Wow, thank you so much!

No problem lol, thats a genius idea, and I think those other people shouldve done that (if theyre smart)

MrSirr

MrSirr

anybody have any suggestions? I actually gave u a program this time!

MrSirr

steriaca

ramstrong wrote:

steriaca wrote:

I haven't posted in a while. Basicly, right now I got tons of ideals for non-text games, and waiting for a pay period where I get lot of cash, and I don't have to dedicate most of my free cash. Why? So I can pick up one of the e-books about petit computer.

My question is...which version should I get for my black and white Nook? The Android one? The other one? Defently not the PC version of the e-book.

I don't know. I'm still waiting for it to come to Amazon for my Kindle.

Honestly, I don't think it will show up on the Amazon shop (heck, I know it will not be avalable at the Barns And Noble e-shop eather). The pdf file must be bought directly from the suplyer (link on the american english Petit Computer site).

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Pixelrobin

Could someone point me towards some basic (pardon the pun) mml? I can play the music using DATA and BGMPLAY and BGMSETV but, I do not fully understand what to put into the DATA segments. I was able to make a standard "do ra mi" but that's about it. All I know about that is that you can use c-b and then ‹c› for a higher c. What do I use for a pause? What do I use for lower notes? HELLP PLEASE!
@randomouscrap98?
Oh yeah, Btw, ive adapted yiour text wrap program for my game. Credit will be given. Thank you for the awesome example!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

MrSirr

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Could someone point me towards some basic (pardon the pun) mml? I can play the music using DATA and BGMPLAY and BGMSETV but, I do not fully understand what to put into the DATA segments. I was able to make a standard "do ra mi" but that's about it. All I know about that is that you can use c-b and then ‹c› for a higher c. What do I use for a pause? What do I use for lower notes? HELLP PLEASE!
@randomouscrap98?
Oh yeah, Btw, ive adapted yiour text wrap program for my game. Credit will be given. Thank you for the awesome example!

U have 2 know about musicn notes. Im in band so I know. You have to put a number after the note. 8 makes it an eighth note, 16 a 16th, 4 is a quarter note, 2 is a half note and i think one is a whole note. whole note is 4 counts, half note two counts, so on. hope this helps.

Also type an R whenever to rest which is one count.

Edited on by MrSirr

MrSirr

MrSirr

EX: C8D16E16F16G16A16B16<C>8
This is how it goes:
C D E F G A B C
do re mi fa so la ti do

MrSirr

randomous

@Bluerobin2 Yeah, what @MrSirr said!

I used this to learn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945

Just like @MrSirr said, you put the length after the note. "<" increases the octave, whereas ">" decreases the octave. That's why <C> plays the higher C, but then it immediately goes back to the original octave. R is indeed rest, and you just use it like any other lettered note. So C8R8 would just play a C eighth note and then an eighth note rest.

I'm super happy that you used my textwrap program! You know you can set the "whir" sound when the letters play, right? It's some variable up at the top, I believe.

randomous

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic