DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 2,641 to 2,660 of 9,439

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

2,641. Posted:

@Swordx since you can't make the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure could you let me make them for you? But i would only be able to do it today,and tomorrow i would only have a certain amount of time to make them.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage

justlink

2,642. Posted:

hi

justlink

AuthorMessage

boot

2,643. Posted:

I just charged up my ds... after 3 months. just for the proggramm

Just your average talking boot. The Boot that can program.

AuthorMessage

boot

2,644. Posted:

Is there any way to loo up and down? I also cant seem to turn around after I walk backwords from spawn,can you fix that? And last thing,is there a way to make it go faster? Sorry for all the complaints.

AuthorMessage

Discostew

2,645. Posted:

TexMurphy wrote:

What is the code for collision detection between a sprite character and a background tile in an array? I can detect it only at the origin/home of the sprite and background tile. But, the tile is 8 pixels wide. I can change the home position on the sprite. This would help on a side scroller.

I don't know how you're doing it now, but the way I do it is that my levels are made up of tiles in an array, each element representing a tile value. My sprites have an X/Y position within a level. The collision boundaries are offsets of that position. I take those offsets (relative to the entire level), divide the X/Y values by 16 (I use 16x16 meta tiles, but for 8x8 tiles, divide by 8) to convert it to tile space. Then I use that result and access the array that holds the tile information of the level. I then access another array that holds the attributes of each tile, using the tile value I grabbed from the level array. Each element can hold multiple attributes in bit-form (like 1 = solid block, 2 = ladder, 4 = water, 8 = deadly spike, etc). I then simply examine the tile attributes and how I react to them, like if I'm moving right, and I find the tile I examined is a solid block, then I shift the sprite to the left, making it flush against the tile.

to reduce the amount of examining, only examine the sides that the sprite is moving along. If you're moving to the left, only examine the boundaries on the left side. If you've moving up, only examine the boundaries on the top. The likelihood if needing to examine all opposite sides is very minimal.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

2,646. Posted:

Hello everyone! i have little BASIC experience so i decided to come here and maybe get some tutorials so anyways thats it! add me if you want :D

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

AuthorMessage

IAmSpike

2,647. Posted:

Someone should make an account called LOOP

ya know, when we type @LOOP
heh

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

AuthorMessage

Zack56144

2,648. Posted:

@Phillip
that would be funny lol

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

AuthorMessage

Loop

2,649. Posted:

Problem? :)

Loop

AuthorMessage

boot

2,650. Posted:

@loop
cls
print "that's pretty funny"
Print "you beat me to making the account"
wait 300
cls
End

AuthorMessage

mystman12

2,651. Posted:

Great! Now whenever anyone posts there code and has @loop in it, Loop will be notified! :P

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

2,652. Posted:

Actually it was me. "@Loop" got banned. It was a pretty stupid thing to do. Sorry admins.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

mystman12

2,653. Posted:

lol

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

boot

2,654. Posted:

I'm using the 3d room sample and making an awesome game

AuthorMessage

randomous

2,655. Posted:

Edit: The download link for this is a few posts down: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...

How interested would you guys be in a program that automatically stitches qr codes together? I noticed that everyone seems to post a custom stitched png image (or separate images, like me), so I figured there wasn't really a good program to do so. I just got one up and running, but it's only for Windows. Does anybody actually want a program like this, and if so, what sort of features would you like? Right now, it just produces images that look like this:

Untitled

You can also specify the width, so that same set of qr's can look like this:

Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

IAmSpike

2,656. Posted:

@randomous That looks awesome. Gimme.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

AuthorMessage

randomous

2,657. Posted:

Alright, hopefully this works for everybody: http://db.tt/EdcuAEPc

Untitled

That is the PTCQRStitch program that I made to make life easier when posting QR codes. This program stitches together an unlimited number of QR code images into a single, clean png file.

The program only runs on Windows (sorry)
The program requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (errr... I think you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 )

Let me know if you have issues or you want more features (it's super basic right now).

Edit: Whoops, I fudged up the first one, so the link is now directed at the new one. The old one would place QR's out of order if you had more than 9. This should be fixed now.

Edit2: If anybody wants to play with it, it's written in C#. Here's the project, which contains the source code: http://db.tt/eJ9vdUiU

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

2,658. Posted:

@randomouscrap98 Microsoft visual basic?

Edited on by Bluerobin2

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

Hamjam00

2,659. Posted:

IM BACK!
ive been toying around with PTC now that my homework has kinda died down bc of summer, so i might get back on regularly again.
IS THAT MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC???!!!! AWESOME!

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage

randomous

2,660. Posted:

@Hamjam00 @Bluerobin2 Haha it does look like that, doesn't it? I'm sorry, but it's not Visual BASIC. It's all the same framework though, so from just the looks of it, you couldn't really tell. It's C#, so it's more along the lines of a combination of Java and C++.

Edited on by randomous

randomous