Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@randomouscrap98 Thank you. I knew there was another way, but I just did not think of it. Your game is awesome! Continue it. Or else.
1 day until donut judgement . Good luck yet again everyone!
@morptorok what happened to petithead? Did he get banned again???

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@hairmanban19 @bluerobin2 You actually decided to try out my game?! I'm really glad you both like it! I'm also amazed that you sat through and scanned 38 QR codes for an unfinished game. Thank you for trying it out!

randomous

IAmSpike

REQUESTING BASIC HELP
I'm making a (funny) program right now, but in order for it to work right I need to be able to round the value of a decimal to a whole number. Like this:
2.880 will be rounded to 3.
1.453 will be rounded to 1.
Anyone know how to do this?

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Eel

Philip wrote:

REQUESTING BASIC HELP
I'm making a (funny) program right now, but in order for it to work right I need to be able to round the value of a decimal to a whole number. Like this:

IF N-FLOOR(N)>=0.5 THEN N=FLOOR(N)+1 ELSE N=FLOOR(N)

... I think. I'd need to try it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IAmSpike

Morphtorok wrote:

Philip wrote:

REQUESTING BASIC HELP

IF NUMBER-FLOOR(NUMBER)>0.5 THEN NUMBER=FLOOR(NUMBER)+1 ELSE NUMBER=FLOOR(NUMBER)

wow fast reply
thanks for the help I'm gonna try this

EDIT: Great it works like a charm
I will post the QR for my program in a bit

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

IAmSpike

Ok, here's the QR for 2MANYPS!
Untitled
Y'know, 'cause Sony always names their consoles "PlayStation #". It's meant to poke fun at that.

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

Sniper101

I'm trying to make an OS that is a menu for my other programs. I want it to go the the program that they touch on the lower screen so far I have this.
PNLTYPE "OFF"
PNLSTR 0,0,"ALARM"

@LOOP
VSYNC 1
IF TCHX!=0 AND TCHY>=0 AND <=4 THEN @LOOP ELSE EXEC "ALARM"

I need some help. It doesn't work.

Sniper101

3DS Friend Code: 2208-4619-7423

ramstrong

Morphtorok wrote:

Philip wrote:

REQUESTING BASIC HELP

IF N-FLOOR(N)>=0.5 THEN N=FLOOR(N)+1 ELSE N=FLOOR(N)

FLOOR(0.5+N) doesn't do it?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Sniper101 wrote:

I'm trying to make an OS that is a menu for my other programs. I want it to go the the program that they touch on the lower screen so far I have this.
PNLTYPE "OFF"
PNLSTR 0,0,"ALARM"

@LOOP
VSYNC 1

You probably want something like this:
IF TCHST AND TCHY<9 THEN EXEC "ALARM"
alternatively, you can split your line like this:
IF TCHX!=0 THEN EXEC
IF TCHY>=0 THEN EXEC
IF TCHY<=4 THEN EXEC
GOTO @LOOP
Does the alternative look like something you want to do? Because it looks weird to me. Try this:
IF TCHST==0 GOTO @LOOP
IF TCHY<9 GOTO @LOOP
EXEC "ALARM"
The alternative basically waits until you touch the top line, then it will execute the alarm.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Did you finish your code breaker game?

Ah yes, and the Mario fan site supermariobrothers.org is now gone and redirects to the nintendo homepage because nintendo got mad at the creator. He also made Super Mario Bros. X which was gaining (A LOT) of popularity. But I agree with you. Namco or Atari probably don't care.

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Did you finish your code breaker game?

Unfortunately no. Fire Emblem Awakening got in the way. 17 HR so far.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

my @mention notification emails do not seem to be working. Anyone else having this problem?

Sniper101

ramstrong wrote:

Sniper101 wrote:

PNLTYPE "OFF"
PNLSTR 0,0,"ALARM"

@LOOP
VSYNC 1

You probably want something like this:
IF TCHST AND TCHY<9 THEN EXEC "ALARM"
alternatively, you can split your line like this:
IF TCHX!=0 THEN EXEC
IF TCHY>=0 THEN EXEC
IF TCHY<=4 THEN EXEC
GOTO @LOOP
Does the alternative look like something you want to do? Because it looks weird to me. Try this:
IF TCHST==0 GOTO @LOOP
IF TCHY<9 GOTO @LOOP
EXEC "ALARM"
The alternative basically waits until you touch the top line, then it will execute the alarm.

Thanks.

Sniper101

3DS Friend Code: 2208-4619-7423

Pixelrobin

is there a specific reason that the icon chejing variable has parenthesis? I dislike the fact that smileboom seemed to just rush through that feature. :/

Edit: I mean iconchk()

Edited on by Pixelrobin

IAmSpike

Welp, looks like the entry period's over. They haven't updated the English page yet, though. Can't wait to see who wins!

Previously Philip.

Gimmemorecoinz

This is completely unrelated to all posts above.
How would I..... parse.... strings better... I've been making a game on the side because I'm just bored of using Petit computer right now...
I'm making it in playbasic and also game maker. and I started making yet another game in playbasic to >.> unrelated I know.

In regards to a post I made a really long time ago did anyone figure out a good way to parse the words out of a long string of characters, seperated by a token?

I think I know where I may have gone wrong with my previous method (the array index starting at 0 not 1 error may have thrown some data off) but I'm not so sure about that one yet.
I still want to create several games for Petit computer just for fun. And my AI, being able to parse simple text would be neat.
One thing I want to do is create sort of a batch running program. The batch program could basically run a scripting system I'm creating.

Erm.. it's hard to explain here (my mind is a bit foggy atm that's what happens when you sit inside for 7 hours of your day programming) XD

I want to create an AI chatbot that is basically a utility bot for Petit computer. It will also be able to use the time command, set alarms for you. Talk to you (too bad we didn't get a talk command!) and not only will it be able to do these things but it will also have games. And it will be able to learn what you like. It's a work in progress the first most important step though is getting proper parsing of a tokenized string down. Then grammars later... Unfortunately.. I'm still missing a large base of how to create some of my other AI. The idea is it learns words, and then learns the meaning to the words as it goes.. and associates with them. I don't think I'll take that approach with this though it seems beyond the scope of what Petit Computer could technically handle in terms of..well data sizes. While arrays are nice I don't know how I'd load in thousands of values at once into an array in only seconds?

That brings me to a really good question. For reading in lots of data, how fast is petit Computer? I know that it'd be nice to see it in action etc...
if anyone knows of some good examples of reading in very large clusters of data with Petit Computer either from a prg file or from something else please let me know about it.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic