Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 9,620

Gimmemorecoinz

Morphtorok wrote:

I know right? I love playing it with my flute until the people around me get tired of the tune xD

hey everyone I don't know how to embed youtube videos but check it out for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I finally got around to recording footage of my zelda project for petit computer.
I'll be updating it after I finish at my next dentist appointment or hopefully before but here's the first video, which shows the progress i've made.

Basically for anyone who hasn't seen it or tried it out. And also so that I have sort of an outlet to post the progress on my projects. I post other stuff on there to. hint hint one day I'll be posting (pretty soon) about my other programming projects that i'm working on that aren't for Petit Computer.

Also some short news. I am working on a Petit Computer parser which will be released for PC, and what it will do is emulate petit computer programs, so that for instance it may be easier to test them before exporting them. Only downside so far is that I don't think I can parse the file types such as grp etc.
Meaning that I'll have to find another way.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Morphtorok wrote:

I know right? I love playing it with my flute until the people around me get tired of the tune xD

hey everyone I don't know how to embed youtube videos but check it out for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I finally got around to recording footage of my zelda project for petit computer.
I'll be updating it after I finish at my next dentist appointment or hopefully before but here's the first video, which shows the progress i've made.

Basically for anyone who hasn't seen it or tried it out. And also so that I have sort of an outlet to post the progress on my projects. I post other stuff on there to. hint hint one day I'll be posting (pretty soon) about my other programming projects that i'm working on that aren't for Petit Computer.

Also some short news. I am working on a Petit Computer parser which will be released for PC, and what it will do is emulate petit computer programs, so that for instance it may be easier to test them before exporting them. Only downside so far is that I don't think I can parse the file types such as grp etc.
Meaning that I'll have to find another way.

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

randomous

@Gimmemorecoinz From what I can tell through the blurriness, your Link sprite looks really good!

@Morphtorok About halfway done. This is mostly by ear, but the song has very distinct parts so it's easier to discern each individual part.

randomous

Eel

@Giime: Yeah, the link looks pretty nice, there are some parts where some junk pixels can be seen to his side though, you might want to fix that.

@Random: Wow, really? You're very fast.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gimmemorecoinz

@Morptorok
Thanks. ^^; and yeah, the sprites need work. The first version was kind of a "can i actually do THIS??" type thing for me.

General:
I'll be fixing alot of the junk pixels and I have some plans already for how i'm going to deal with pallette limitations. Thanks to everyone on here for the help and friendly advice so far. I'm really happy with it so far. Oh. if anyone wants to help they can go ahead. I really would enjoy having other people help out to. When's the contest end? I have't touched coral maze yet I'm still waiting for those QRS to be posted.

if you do choose to help out, let me know with what part. For coding we'd have to get on IM or something and collaberate it.

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I have't touched coral maze yet I'm still waiting for those QRS to be posted.

Huh? What do you mean? I posted those 9 hours ago on the QR thread. I packaged everything into CORAL.ZIP, too. Including the drawing of the fish!

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

I finally tested coral with all and music.

It's so nice! I like the song... I wish it played all the time.

By the way, the beeps the fish does seem kinda out of place, don't you think? Maybe using another sound effect would fit better?

Bloop.

randomous

I'm sorry it took so long Morphtorok, I got caught up in the ending. I've basically just been spending the last 45 minutes altering volumes and ADSR packages for that last little part. I really hope you like it; I based it directly off the Youtube clip you gave me (with a little help from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Yi1CcSrc ). If anything's out of place for your liking, please let me know and I can change it. Anyway, here's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town's Spring theme:

UntitledUntitled

Edit: For those who want to know, the reason why the ending was hard for me was because it's supposed to be this delicate part, but it's very heavy and active. It's hard to get, say, Vin Diesel to look and act like the Princess of England.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

Morphtorok wrote:

By the way, the beeps the fish does seem kinda out of place, don't you think? Maybe using another sound effect would fit better?

Unfortunately, the music is set up to play in different parts of the program, and I don't have time to properly trace the program's run. If you have a better idea of a better beep, please share. I can tell the beep and the music does not mesh. I'm thinking a ticking sound would be better, but can't find it in the table. How do you like the fish drawing? Does it matches your fish?

I will submit this in either late Wednesday or Thursday. I'll just put in "WIP" notice on the submission form. Did you submit yours already? How did it go?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

randomouscrap98 wrote:

I'm sorry it took so long Morphtorok, I got caught up in the ending. I've basically just been spending the last 45 minutes altering volumes and ADSR packages for that last little part. I really hope you like it; I based it directly off the Youtube clip you gave me (with a little help from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Yi1CcSrc ). If anything's out of place for your liking, please let me know and I can change it. Anyway, here's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town's Spring theme:

UntitledUntitled

Untitled
Oh my goddess!
It took you too long? I wasn't expecting you to finish it today!

It sounds completely awesome! (like the rest of the your songs I scanned before noticing you posted this!)

Thank you very much!

I'll add it to Petit Farm right away and I'll probably even use it in everything else I make in the future

I'd like to credit you in the game, what name do you want me to use?

Bloop.

randomous

@ramstrong Would you like to write a more up-beat and jolly song for Coral Maze? The beep probably still won't fit exactly, but it might be better. I mean, I like the subdued one personally, but it's your guy's game.

@Morphtorok Awww, I'm glad you like it! You can use whatever name you like. If you'd rather not have the name "randomouscrap98", you can put my other online name "limitlessinfinity" or just CJ (my name). Oh yeah!:

That previous song I posted was composed by Miyuki Homareda. I did not compose the song, nor do I own it in any shape or form.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

Thank you. I may use the jollier song as opening song. But I like the current song as gameplay song. It's really a nice song. So, we'll still have beep problem. If you can go through the different beeps and let me know which ones are appropriate, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT:
You're going to be famous someday, Randomous! Better work on a better name!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Eel

ramstrong wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Unfortunately, the music is set up to play in different parts of the program, and I don't have time to properly trace the program's run. If you have a better idea of a better beep, please share. I can tell the beep and the music does not mesh. I'm thinking a ticking sound would be better, but can't find it in the table. How do you like the fish drawing? Does it matches your fish?

I will submit this in either late Wednesday or Thursday. I'll just put in "WIP" notice on the submission form. Did you submit yours already? How did it go?

The drawing is perfect, I looks just like I imagined the fish while drawing it. Did you do it?

About the song, @random, the song is perfect for the game, the thing that should be changed is the beeping sound the fish makes.

About the beep, what do you think of sound number 59 set to 2000?

Bloop.

randomous

Totally off topic, but what is an iconic item in Harvest Moon? I'd like to put this song in Village as well, but I have all the songs attached to items from the various games, and I don't know what people would associate with Harvest Moon since I've never played it.

randomous

ramstrong

Morphtorok wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

The drawing is perfect, I looks just like I imagined the fish while drawing it. Did you do it?
About the song, @random, the song is perfect for the game, the thing that should be changed is the beeping sound the fish makes.
About the beep, what do you think of sound number 59 set to 2000?

59 is too much, I think. I'm thinking 27,31 or 51. But I will let the forum vote, and will just put in any popular choice. It's everybody's game, after all.
Yes, I did the fish. I have a paint program leftover from learning graphic. I forget which Petit Computer Journal was it, but that's the paint program I used. I still don't like the fact that it doesn't do zoom. Future improvement, I guess.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

I am entering Temple raid in one or two days. Probably not going to win anything though + :/.
@ramstrong really nice job. I will find a good beep sound later. The game still feels a tad bare, like its missing something...
@randomouscrap98 Wow! Good job on the song! This is amazing! It fits very well! Menu music is also a good idea.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Eel

randomouscrap98 wrote:

Totally off topic, but what is an iconic item in Harvest Moon? I'd like to put this song in Village as well, but I have all the songs attached to items from the various games, and I don't know what people would associate with Harvest Moon since I've never played it.

Oh well, there are several iconic things in harvest moon (pretty much every game has it's own special something) but Turnips are the basic crop of spring in most of the games, so I often relate turnips to that song.

Untitled
This is what a turnip looks like in the game where that song comes from.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong really nice job. I will find a good beep sound later. The game still feels a tad bare, like its missing something...

I'm glad you like it! It can be better, sure, but I don't want to wait entering the contest, and it's good enough as-is. Just need to fix the annoying beep, which wasn't annoying until the good music is in.

Petit Computer Journal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic